PSYCHO-PASS

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]13601.jpg.f8ce30c2c91624ee2d36ed1a39d9a16a.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.

In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person's emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person's criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.

This is the story of a team of policemen dedicated to maintaining public order. Some of them work in the Enforcement Division, responsible for the apprehension of criminals, while others belong to the Supervisory Division which oversees their colleagues in Enforcement.

So, I was rather surprised to see that there wasn't a thread for this anime yet.

Overall, a really enjoyable anime which has quite a surprising ending. All the characters were extremely well made, and go a long way into building up the plot. I would say that the only downside was that early on, there was excess gore which didn't really contribute to the series much, and almost had me dropping the series if I didn't get past that arc. For those of you that have watched it, I'm talking about the arc with Rikako Ouryou.

I really liked how the ending was almost exactly identical to the first episode with the new inspector. I really look forward to season 2! :)

I really enjoyed the series (gore included) :P

Though the gore is not very important to the story ( I do think it has some level of importance with regards to Akane ) I do believe that it does go hand in hand with some of the themes that are explored in this anime and goes a long way to show how messed up the human race really is and that no matter how much we try to dress it up there is no way to fix what we are nor is there any way to prevent it without major casualties. I think that the poster child for this theme would be Shogo [spoiler=Shogo Info]With his PP being invisible/ ultra clean , he is one of the most evil people in the world at that time whereas Kougami has a relatively bad PP and is ultimately a good guy

[spoiler=Psycho Pass 2 Spoiler]I didn't enjoy season two mostly because Kougami never came back

• Geano locked this topic