Important question about 86eightysix

Hanna Fechik

I'm right now in the middle of watching 86eightysix season 2, and I love it so far, but there were some questions raised.

I saw that it got some pretty negative criticism for how it uses war and racism, and I don't know, if this is just me, but I honestly did not see anything very wrong? So I wonder if any of you thought the way it tackles those theme's is kind of odd. 

Note: I would cite these reviews or criticisms, but I don't know if that's allowed. I will say, one was on MAL though.

1 hour ago, Hanna Fechik said:

I'm right now in the middle of watching 86eightysix season 2, and I love it so far

And that is the primary reason I don’t think you should worry about what any haters think. They’re entitled to their opinion but it doesn’t mean anyone else’s is invalid. As to my own opinion, I consider it one of the best anime of last year & one of my favorite mecha series, largely because it does incorporate some complex issues in it’s story & characterizations. Is it an exhaustive study?  No, but it’s not 2-dimrnsional or gimmicky either as far as I’m concerned.   I’d actually be curious to know your opinion once you’re done watching. Personally hope it gets a continuation someday.

11 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

And that is the primary reason I don’t think you should worry about what any haters think. They’re entitled to their opinion but it doesn’t mean anyone else’s is invalid. As to my own opinion, I consider it one of the best anime of last year & one of my favorite mecha series, largely because it does incorporate some complex issues in it’s story & characterizations. Is it an exhaustive study?  No, but it’s not 2-dimrnsional or gimmicky either as far as I’m concerned.   I’d actually be curious to know your opinion once you’re done watching. Personally hope it gets a continuation someday.

I did have myself read the light novel before I watched the anime to get a better understanding of how things were being used.