Anime type PSX PSP PS2 games recommendations

mehzxu

Anyone care to list recommendations for anime type PSX PSP PS2 games?

I've googled for awhile and I'm only finding the same old Naruto dragonballz type games.

I need something not well known and/or obscure.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 are really good if you don't mind long JRPGs! They have excellent world building and lots of rewarding sidequests. The music is really good too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 5:10 PM, Neb said:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 are really good if you don't mind long JRPGs! They have excellent world building and lots of rewarding sidequests. The music is really good too.

I agree, they are among the best RPGs on the original PSP. The first two Disgaea games and Lunar: Silver Star Harmony are also a really good PSP RPGS. I also recommend Final Fantasy: Tactics. In addition, Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 and Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure are also very good if action games are more up your alley.

Xenogears is a good one with deep, philosophical subjects and themes with anime cut scenes. I'm afraid that's the only one I actually know of though. I think Chrono Trigger has some anime scenes in it too. It's also a pretty interesting game.

• Like 1

Chrono Trigger (though very well known) is an excellent one that had its art drawn by none other than Akira Toriyama. Complex story which can suck you in for quite a long time so I'd recommend setting aside a lot of time for yourself to play it, though the same applies to my next recommendations. 

Legend of Dragoon is another one that came very late into the PSX's lifespan (2000) and had subpar graphics compared to earlier titles, however the combat is innovative for the time period and the story is quite good. Though the grinding is a bit rougher than something like FFVII. 

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1 & 2 have been suggested already, but I want to recommend them as well. Both games are very underrated and are my top 2 JRPGs I've ever played. The music as well as the characters are wonderful, and the worldbuilding is unmatched for the era imo. 

Ys VI is a ps2 game developed by the same studio responsible for The Legend of Heroes series, and the same compliments for those two can be applied here as well.