I need a new anime :)

The Consequence

Question

I like action anime, I LOVE a good well made story, if I had to describe what I like using anime, Vinland for its story and visuals, and it's ability to get me absorbed into it and the characters, while also not feeling like an episode feels like a filler. Loved Deadman wonderland for its twisted reality, while also maintaining some normal archetypes to keep it from feeling insanely twisted. It rides the line for me and somewhat can go over that morality line but justifies it with its plot. Kinda like a misunderstood character you start off loving to HATEEE like neegan in the walking dead(I loved to hate him then they developed him to not be as evil, although he was clearly a bad dude he was just twisted by the world he had to adapt to) loved bleach for its soundtrack. It did have fillers but they weren't as bad as one piece fillers to me, I skip the 1s that get too stupid. I think because of soundtrack I viewed it as a 9/10 when without it, it probably would have been a 6 or 7. Good music selection makes a BIG difference when selling a vibe. (Dbz as a kid did this to me which is what sucked me in mixed with freeza arch plot, now listening to it, it's like meh) 

Seven deadly sins, naruto(all around good, soundtrack, graphics, thick story, only cons was fillers and it drug out too much)I do like the romance in some anime but it's more like the stuff in Naruto, sword art online.  Not a fan of rom com, but there are sometimes genres I normally wouldn't like but the show was soo good I somehow liked it anyways but it's super rare. 

If anyone read this wall, I am sorry. I'm just desperate to find an anime I can binge. I drive 18 wheelers, I no longer enjoy gaming and need a really good show to binge, I just can't find one. I feel like I'm too picky and wish I could be satisfied with just any anime, but with all shows and movies now I need next to perfection/something unique and entriguing.

2 answers to this question

I’m curious if you’ve seen Vinland Saga’s 2nd season yet, I just finished it Monday myself. There’s been a number of people complain & say it was boring/disappointing, but anyone who paid attention to season 1 should’ve seen the direction the story was headed (the honor & glory of war/combat is a lie). While I did enjoy season 1 somewhat more, season 2 was still the best the thing this season & better than 90% of the anime I’ve watched over 40+ years. I hope they continue the adaption.

I’d also recommend Dororo for an intense action series that also has a deeper story than most. Megalo Box & it’s sequel Nomad also recommended.

Finally, I kinda want to recommend Golden Kamuy for an action adventure series that references actual historical events & cultures and has an intricate story & cast of characters (season 4 is just about to wrap up). The only caveat is you said elsewhere that you didn’t like a lot of jokes/gags. That is something the series is guilty of & the humor is frequently vulgar (like Jojo, though I’m not a fan of that franchise). Might be worth at least trying to see what you  think.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Yes I've seen and enjoyed it, and yeah I agree, to Me 2nd season was to circle back to his father's message. It's a lot like your kid, you tell them don't do this, and they do it anyways, go through all this crap and when they're older they came to the same conclusion their parents do. When his dad died mixed with him living on for revenge and his desire to go to war, i KNEW that he was gonna grow up that way and think, I should have listened to dad. I've done it myself but not to a murderous rampage sense lol. 

Those shows sound interesting. And about gags, it's really more of the cutesy childish stuff I don't like. If the gags are funny and vulgar I love. But not too much where it ruins story lol.

Like 7 deadly sins did gags right for me

• Like 2
  • Wow 1