Speaking another language

Optic

What languages can you speak and understand and also what is your proficiency?

Dhivehi (native)

I don't think I can explain you this, cause I don't use this language that much even though it's my native language.But if you want, I can tell you(only if you ask questions about it).

English

I mostly speak in this language.It's easy to understand and use.

Japanese(basic)

I mostly understand this language. But not all of them. I can't speak with it fully.

Korean(basic)

Understand it somewhat. Can't speak much with them.

Any new languages you would like to learn?

Japanese

Want to learn it fully cause it is a language where anime characters speak with.

Korean

Well, it's the same as Japanese expect for the parts where it's Korean actors! :3

Have you spoken any basic phrases recently of another language (e.g. travelling)?

Don't have anything to do with traveling. More like I rarely travel. But I mostly speak Engish with my friends. And with otaku friends I speak Japanese(sometimes)

• 3 weeks later...

I speak English (native)

I am learning Swedish and Japanese (both basic) actively, as I get bored of one I seitch to the other to avoid burnout. I learning Swedish because I have a soft spot for Swedish metal \m/ and Japanese because of anime, manga, games, ect, same reason as most Americans.

I am also learning German (basic) as an elective for school.

And no I don't get them mixed up at all, learning three languages at once is fairly simple for me, probably because I'm fascinated by all three of them and to me they all sound radically different so there's no way for me to get them mixed up. Although Swedish and German are fairly similar.

• Agree 1

My first language is Cantonese(because Mother's tongue :P), and learned English when I started Pre-School. I had to do a stupid test to see if I was literate enough in English to take normal classes. I'm currently studying Mandarin and also how to read and write traditional Chinese in school.