Do you believe in true love?

Midnight Faolan

I believe, because I'm in love myself :D All I know is, I don't feel like I can be without him. As soon as he leaves I miss him. WHen he gets home my heart skips a beat. I know I want to spend the rest of forever with him. I love everything about him, even his flaws. And I know he feels the same way about me. What more could I ask for? That's true love to me.

• Agree 1

ya that's a myth tho... not true...

and considering Zeus was a f**kboy that slept with any woman (or man) he pleased, he's not the best example when talking about true love... I mean come on, he was married to his sister....[/quote

Yh but Zeus separated the humans and so we are forever searching for our other half. Technically he isn't the hero of the story.... He's like the devil lol

I thought this subject seemed pretty interesting...

I believe that people can go through certain periods in their lives where their opinions on "true love" changes. I believe it's all in the willingness for a person to want to open up to a person so completely.

Example, I was a pretty late bloomer as far as "love" and relationships, but when I did "fall in love," I was around 18. When you're young, I feel like your interpretation on what "love" is, is kind of... faulted. As I've grown older, my feelings on love are completely the opposite of how I once felt. I thought that it was what drove me to be a better person... But the truth of the matter is that, true love can only lie within myself. I'm not saying it's this way for everyone, but for me, I can't love another person the way I love myself. I guess you can call it narcissistic... I have a husband. Have been married for 3 years. And while I do love him, I personally feel like it's not the kind of love you would characterize as "true love" or "happily ever after love." Sure, I would protect him. I do love him. But my first dedication is to myself. And to me, that is what true love is. Because while I live with him, share with him... I don't rely on him. I take care of myself for the most part. Our marriage is that of mutual company. And we're okay that way. We actually only got married because of pressure from family. We both felt like it was a bit of waste. We were young and different at the time.

See, I believe that there are multiple people on this planet that you can become "compatible" with... There's so many people on this planet, there's no way there isn't. And I believe that people change. People lose interest in each other... People become attracted to other people. People change. So no relationship is ever, truly guaranteed. But at the end of the day, you can rely on yourself if you chose to. True love.

I just believe we're hormonal creatures by nature, and are often fooled by what is "love" and what is attraction.

Or maybe I just have a hard time opening up myself completely to someone. Who knows. xD

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I thought this subject seemed pretty interesting...

I believe that people can go through certain periods in their lives where their opinions on "true love" changes. I believe it's all in the willingness for a person to want to open up to a person so completely.

Example, I was a pretty late bloomer as far as "love" and relationships, but when I did "fall in love," I was around 18. When you're young, I feel like your interpretation on what "love" is, is kind of... faulted. As I've grown older, my feelings on love are completely the opposite of how I once felt. I thought that it was what drove me to be a better person... But the truth of the matter is that, true love can only lie within myself. I'm not saying it's this way for everyone, but for me, I can't love another person the way I love myself. I guess you can call it narcissistic... I have a husband. Have been married for 3 years. And while I do love him, I personally feel like it's not the kind of love you would characterize as "true love" or "happily ever after love." Sure, I would protect him. I do love him. But my first dedication is to myself. And to me, that is what true love is. Because while I live with him, share with him... I don't rely on him. I take care of myself for the most part. Our marriage is that of mutual company. And we're okay that way. We actually only got married because of pressure from family. We both felt like it was a bit of waste. We were young and different at the time.

See, I believe that there are multiple people on this planet that you can become "compatible" with... There's so many people on this planet, there's no way there isn't. And I believe that people change. People lose interest in each other... People become attracted to other people. People change. So no relationship is ever, truly guaranteed. But at the end of the day, you can rely on yourself if you chose to. True love.

I just believe we're hormonal creatures by nature, and are often fooled by what is "love" and what is attraction.

Or maybe I just have a hard time opening up myself completely to someone. Who knows. xD

Proper deep dude. Interesting view

well I got dumped by a person who was like "I'VE LOVED YOU FOR 6 YEARS AND I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU" and then one year into the relationship "dude feelings change deal with it" so hahahaha nopeeeeeee!

well I got dumped by a person who was like "I'VE LOVED YOU FOR 6 YEARS AND I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU" and then one year into the relationship "dude feelings change deal with it" so hahahaha nopeeeeeee!

Dude that's so harsh. You deserve so much better. Maybe she wasnt ur 'one' and like a roadblock.

Proper deep dude. Interesting view

Lol, thank you. That's what I do.

I find your concept on it rather interesting as well. Never looked at it that way before.

We have talked a little about it already, but the good thing about your situation is, you're so young. People do change. We are living proof of that every day. I believe once you have love for someone, no, it doesn't necessarily ever go away... But there IS going to be someone else out there who can and will love you. Got to look at the whole picture. 7 billion people on the planet, the chances of you finding your "true love" at this age is extremely rare. You will meet someone who appreciates your feelings and cares about you. Time changes a lot of things.

• Agree 2

• 10 months later...

I definitely believe in true love, but it can be hard to find, and can be really confusing, but you just kinda have to take your time with it. Allot of people rush, and go guy to guy, or girl to girl, trying to find "the one" but that rarely works out. (ive been that guy lol) but once you take you relax its not so troubling to find

• Like 1

Love isn't so limited. All you need is some connection, some time and the right company and your love can grow. There is no one special little snowflake for you, there's million of snowflakes that can be worth your time. True love is real, but if you break up you need to realize they're not the only special one for you and it's not meant to be.

• Like 1