Articles now on front page w/DISQUS comments

Optic

Hello everyone,

In the past, community articles were submitted via the Forums, and for each article submitted a discussion thread was automatically created in the Articles subforum.

This has now changed. To better feature our community articles, they have been moved to our front page, and comments on the articles are now done via DISQUS to help encourage discussion for outside visitors too. This does mean you will need to register for a DISQUS account to comment on the articles, however it is very easy to do and there is a good chance you already have a DISQUS account already as many anime blogs and websites out there use DISQUS.

As there will no longer be any new discussion threads linked to the articles, the Articles subforum has been removed. All previous comments made have been migrated to DISQUS.

You can find the Articles by either:

• clicking the ARTICLES link on the navigation bar
  • viewing the front page
  • viewing the newly added sidebar block on the forum home page

Submitting an Article

We encourage members to submit an article at anytime - as long as it relates to anime or Japanese culture in some way we are happy to feature it.

As always if you have any questions, comments or suggestions - do let us know!

kimi-no-na-wa.thumb.jpg.787cb1b52fdafcd14ce2f518ef3e7a20.jpg

(I need to finish my Kimi no na wa article review soon)

:angel:

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Gwen, the integration just felt a bit clunky - having a separate sub-forum solely for Article thread/comments also felt cluttered. Also as I mentioned earlier it also lowers the barrier of entry for those that want to leave a comment on the articles or screenshot galleries but are not quite yet ready to dive into the Forums.

I'm working on some new articles from my end to keep it fresh again. ;)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1