Really? What is this!?

ItsSammy

He doesn't jjust look differtnet, he is different! like toats. he is no hair, he has none of L's awesome quirks, which you can see right away since he is not not wearing shoes! My opinion is my opinion, you can say whatever and I wont fight you on your o, we are all entitled to our opinions. But imo, all. I bet he wont even eat lots of sweets. :( and if he doesn't kick light in the face, major sadness 4me.

Regardless you are missing the point of my post. The remakes also make the characters different. Total Recall is a great example of this again. They have even changed the story. Listen this is a based on death note. It doesn't claim to be death note it is westernized. Therefor it will be different. That's the point, and it should be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modernized_adaptations_of_old_works

There is a list. They even changed the name of some of them.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

There is a list. They even changed the name of some of them.

And that list doesn't even cover all of the Americanized adaptations of foreign from the last couple decades, otherwise it'd be even more ridiculously lengthy. :x

Might be a good topic for a thread someday, given that this one appears to be going the route of being nothing more than fodder for hysteric, over emotional ranting regarding every change to the source material that has or may yet be changed, which isn't really my thing.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

this one appears to be going the route of being nothing more than fodder for hysteric, over emotional ranting regarding every change to the source material that has or may yet be changed,

No, this is just people expressing their opinions on the trailer how they think the movie will play out ... I may have ranted in the beginning because I tend to do that, but it was not "over emotional" or "hysteric" and was, in fact, just me giving my uncut opinion on the trailer.

I understand that all westernized adaptions change things, I understand that technically it will not do anything to the actual Anime, and I understand that this adaption is not made for the actual fans of Death Note, but I just wish that people who won't see the Anime could get a really great Death Note live action so that they could share in the feeling that I had when I watched the Anime ... I'm hoping the movie isn't as bad as I currently think it will be because I want others to see how great Death Note is, however, I myself will still know how much different it is than the actual Anime, and I know making it different doesn't always have to be a bad think, I just hope they can get the feel that the characters originally had.

You know, I felt the same way when

Well, that's what tends to happen when "adaptation" is mistaken for "carbon copy" and expectations are thrown into a totally different avenue.

Well actually, I understand what an adaptation is and I knew somethings would be changed for the westernized feel of the live action; I just didn't know so much would be different ... I do however hope that the trailer made it look worse than it actually will be and it turns out to be good in it's own way, I would also like to see the movie but I will keep my expectations low since almost every live action adaption of Anime gets quiet butchered.

I see that my rant in the beginning seems to be coming off as overly emotional to some people but I was just trying to get my opinion out there, if you don't agree that's okay. Everyone has their own opinion and I will stand by mine, I do tend to get very into Anime and connect with characters on a major level, so when I see one of my favorite characters being changed I can get upset ... Although, minor changes aren't a big deal if it's needed, I'm just put off by the fact that they seem to have changed L so drastically and in almost every way.

• Geano locked this topic