Game Releases and Events, June 2017

RepentantSky

May comes to a close, and June begins. Normally, this is a very slow month, what with E3 and people going on summer vacations, but a lot of potentially interesting titles on their way. As usual, I will name the title of a releasing game, as well as what platform(s) they are releasing on, and give some basic info about them to give you an idea about whether or not you might find them interesting. Game releases will always be in order from the start to the end of the Month, and there will be some titles I'm simply not aware of, so if you know of any that I missed, please feel free to mention them in this thread. Let's begin.

Seiken Densetsu Collection. Releasing in Japan for Nintendo Switch on June 1st.

For those who don't know, Deiken Sensetsu collection is the a re-release of The Legend of Final Fantasy, as well as Secret of Mana 1 and 2. Due to a lack of Western support, these titles are not expected to release here, but there are several ways you can try and help get them released, so if you're interested in playing the games that helped popularize action RPG's, it might be worth checking out how to get them to the West.

Tekken 7. Releasing for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on June 2nd.

There's not much to say here. If you don't already know about Tekken 7, you probably aren't a fan. The story is supposedly about the end of the fight between Hehachi and his son, with Akuma coming to lend one of them a hand from Street Fighter. As for the multiplayer, we'll see, but the game is set for Evo 2017.

Caldun Returns: This is Sengoku!. Release for Windows, PS4, and PSVita on June 6th.

This title is a sort of top down Action RPG with some very retro graphics implemented. The game takes place during the Sengoku period, and has some multiplayer functions behind it, those I couldn't tell you if they are cross platform or not. Given the name, it's likely a sequel, but it could also just be because it's been a while since a game released in the series. I honestly don't know enough about it to be sure.

Dark Rose Valkyrie. Releasing Exclusively on PS4 on June 6th.

This game is a turn based RPG made by Compile Heart and Idea Factory International. The game looks to play at least somewhat like a Neptunia title, but with a more serious style to it. I don't know much about it but it seems to be about fighting a war against monsters called Chimera's and the main character, is probably going to end up in a harem from what gameplay I saw.

Dirt 4. Releasing on Windows, PS4 and Xbox One on June 6th.

There's not much to say here. It's simply a dirt rally game with a few different vehicles to use to try and win all the races. Supposedly the few complaints people have had about handling in the franchise are meant to be addressed here, but put simply, if you like racing games, this should be right up your alley.

Farming Simulator 18 Releasing on 3DS and PSVita on June 6th.

This rather odd series is one of the few to survive the simulator craze of a few years ago, and it's basically what you think it is. You just take care of a farm by planting crops, cutting trees and making sure everything is running as it should. This may be the first time this series has landed on a handeheld though, so I have no idea if that will change anything or not.

Wipeout Omega Collection. Releasing Exclusively on PS4 on June 6th.

This game which will include 4K HD versions of Wipeout HD, Fury and 2048 on PS4 Pro and is basically what would happen if F-Zero met Mario Kart. The game will have 2 player Split Screen, and an online multiplayer for up to 8 racers. The premise is simple, race fast and hard through some crazy tracks, against A.I, friends, or online opponents.

Super Beat Xonic. Releasing on PS4 on June 6th.

It's a rhythm and beat game that will have over 65 original tracks from anime style songs, to Pop, to Techno, to some Spanish Music? Yeah apparently that's a thing. Either way, if you like this genre of game, it should be fun to give it a go. This was a PS Vita Exclusive title back in 2015, so if you have one or can play PS Vita games through other means, it's probably cheaper there.

Super Beat Xonic. Releasing on Xbox One on June 7th.

No that's not your eyes playing tricks on you, for some reason the game comes out one day later on Xbox One then it does on PS4, and I cannot begin to understand or explain why that is. It's happening though, so I guess just, pick your poison and go for it if you're interested.

Taking a Break from Games and moving on to Events, E3 2017 starts June 10th and runs to the 15th although the final two days will be dedicated to letting the press and for the first time ever, the public, enjoy playing games that were talked about and some that weren't during the press conferences and Nintendo's Direct. For full details on shows and in some cases what to expect, check out this thread: https://animeforums.net/community/threads/e3-2017.3850/ I will be posting an update soon after finishing this thread, so be ready for that.

Cars 3: Driven to Win. Releasing on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 Nintendo Switch and Wii U on June 13th.

The first game to release after E3's conferences, is sadly, a movie tie-in racing game that doesn't look entirely horrible from the trailers, but I mean come on, it's likely gonna be bad, and considering it's the 3rd racing game to release in the month, it's probably gonna be overlooked. However, if you want it, go for it.

ARMS. Releasing Exclusively on Nintendo Switch on June 16th.

This is a fighting game all aobut winning tournaments, playing basket ball with your opponent, or playing Tennis if you like, all in the name of unlocking more powerful arms to help you compete. The game will have several free DLC characters, maps and arms to unlock so content should be the last thing it has to worry about.

Cave Story +. Releasing Exclusively on Nintendo Switch June 20th.

This SNES platformer is getting a release on the Switch and while this version of the Puzzle Platformer has been on PC for years now, it will the first physical version of this game since it's original. The game is extremely hard though, so if you aren't confident in your skills, you might want to stay away from this one.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Releasing on PS4 and PC June 20th.

This is simply a new expansion to Final Fantasy 14, a game which I know little about, which also true of the content in this expansion. Simply put, if you are a FF14 fan, it might be worth checking out. If you aren't, well welcome to my camp.

God Wars: Future Past. Releasing on PS4 and PS Vita on June 20th.

This Strategy RPG is all about a Princess who decides to leave her home in order to pursue a way to put an end to conflicts all over the world. The story, beyond that, I have stayed away from, because it's a title I might pick up at some point. However, it's being developed by KadoKawa games, who have a fairly decent reputation for making good games with great stories. If that sort of thing is for you, it might be worth picking up.

Nex Machina. Releasing for PS4 and Windows on June 20th.

This is a fast paced shooter with over the top perspective. In it, you will jump from one space to the next, all with the goal of shooting down all your enemies while taking as little damage as possible. Some will try and overcrowd the space you fight in while others will shoot at you from a distance. Tough bosses that really test your reflexes wait at the end of every stage. This game looks to be fairly difficult, but if you like quick action, this just might be a fun one to pick up.

Get Even. Releasing on PS4 Windows and Xbox One on June 23rd.

This game is all about trying to solve puzzles and fighting through enemies as you try to figure hoe you ended up where you are, who are you, and if there have been murders taking place around you. It's a thriller of sorts to be wary. The title may be published by Bandai Namco, but make no mistake, it's an Indie title, just like Little Nightmares.

Ever Oasis. Releasing Exclusively on the 3DS June 23rd.

This ARPG is all about creating an Oasis in the desert with the help of a Water Goddess who brought you to life, while bringing new residents in and helping it grow. Think of it as a Animal Crossing meets Zelda sort of title, but with more RPG aspects. Different party members will help you to get past different puzzles in dungeons, and you will work towards making the darkness that harms the land disappear. It's also, rather adorable looking to boot.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Releasing on PS4 and Windows on June 27th.

This is another game in the twisted Danganronpa series. Originally a PS Vita Exclusive from 2015, and hey that's the second one this month, this episode takes place between the first and second games in the series. This is an action adventure title with some shooter aspects in it as well. Your goal, simply to survive. Good luck.

RPG Maker Fes. Releasing Exclusively on the 3DS on June 27th.

The RPG maker series, which started all the way back on PC and made it's original console release on the PlayStation One, is getting it's first new title in a while. If you have the drive to make an RPG for the game, make it, share it, play it, whatever. You should also be able to play others RPG's, making for a potentially endless series of games. I'm unsure if there are multiple genres of RPG's included or not.

Valkyria Revolution. Releasing on PS4 PSVita and Xbox One onm June 27th.

This title has some controversy following it, as it's not a strategy RPG like the Chronicles games that came before it, and relies more on Action combat and Melee weapons as opposed to tanks and guns. That said, some of that has come to this series, but it's largely a different game. However, the stories in these games tend to be among the best, if you like action combat and compelling stories and characters, this is a game well worth checking out.

Tokyo Xanadu. Releasing on PS Vita and Windows on June 30th.

This RPG, which made it's debut in Japan well over a year ago was not originally planned for the West at all, but due to fan support is now heading our way. The game focuses on a few special students who have the ability to fight against monsters in an area most normal people can't reach while using weapons called Soul Devices. If you have ever played a Trails in the Sky title, the game should feel somewhat familiar to you, as the same development team worked on this game although there is action combat instead of turn-based. A more complete version of the game is releasing on the PS4 sometime this year, but if you want to play the game as it was originally released, or you just want to help support it, the PS Vita version is the way to go.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Releasing Exclusively on PS4 on June 30th.

This is an HD remake, despite being called a remaster by it's dev team, of the first three Crash Bandicoot games. Gameplay for the title is all over the place and those who have played both the original titles that released from 1996 to 1998 and this remake say it feels very similar. What's more, there is some new content in the game that will really test fans skills, as time trials, an idea released on Crash Bandicoot Warped alone back during the PS1 days, will be included on all three titles. Crash is one of the most successful Platformer titles in history, never selling less than 7 million units per title, and it's time to see why, again.

And that's everything I can find. Seems like a pretty good month to me. I know I'm picking up Ever Oasis and Tokyo Xanadu for my RPG fix and Crash Bandicoot is a must. I'm sure more titles will be revealed as the month goes on, and Ubisoft tends to release at least one game during their E3 presentation. So, what do you guys think, seem like a good month to you?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

Holy hell, I tried to hit informative and hit two other ratings before finally hitting it right.

Didn't know Get Even would be coming out so early, thought it would take a little more time.

Even though I don't have a Nintendo Switch I'm happy ARMS is being released already, the console needs more games asap.

I don't play FF XIV because I don't want to pay monthly (same reason I don't play WoW) but it's good to see new content being released to the game, I think it'll bring a sensation of fresh air to the older players and more stuff to the newer ones.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Hrm. Not a whole lot coming out that catches my eye, unfortunately. E3 should definitely be interesting, though!

I do somewhat wish that there was a more traditional Valkyria game being released, since I'm not generally a fan of 3D action/melee games but eh. Nothing wrong with developers branching out a bit.

• Like 2

That's a pretty informative post! Sadly, nothing catches my eye. I haven't really games for a long time now though. Every now and again I'll keep an eye out in case something piques my interest again

• Like 1

A little off topic but still game related, we should play something in the future together.

I'm down. If I can ever get Black Desert Online to run, it's pretty cheap and looks like a decent game to play. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Guest

I will probably end up buying Dark Rose Valkyrie, Valkyria Revolution, and God Wars: Future Past...at some point. Maybe not this month; honestly it depends on the PSN sales (I'm expecting Big in Japan to drop in June somewhen, and I want the Atelier Plus titles off that at least) and what else is already out. I've had Crash Bandicoot preordered for forever now, and I am definitely importing Tokyo Xanadu, so if nothing else I will end up with those two. I might try and make that it; I buy far too much.

• Like 1

I wouldn't actually mind giving Crash Bandicoot a try, if it were to ever come to PC (I know, good luck with that) - I was kind of fond the first couple games when I first got my PS1, though I found them fairly forgettable and never tried any of the games beyond the third.

Though... actually, thinking back to just how forgettable they were, while I would be eager to try the game, I don't think I'd be so eager to actually buy it. :P