Moral Complexity and suspense: Death Note

katyC

After reading Death note, I found that it is a manga with a very intelligent and thought-provoking plot. Essentially, it deals with the philosophical issues that arise when, suddenly given the power of life or death over other people, what would one do with it? As L said, Kira is evil even if that people he murdered are criminals, because murder is still murder, it is still a crime. And as L and Light trying to outwit each other, their tactics and forward-planning making the story more complex and absorbing.

The artwork is more natural than a lot of other manga, which tends to attract readers by giving characters large eyes and otherwise childish faces. The change from using color to depict the realm of the shinigami and to using black-and-white for the human world when Ryuk enters, and the darkness of Light’s facial expression after his morality characteristics changed gradually after owning the Death note are very interesting.

Any Death Note fans out there?

Edited by Guest

Yes, I am a fan. I watched the anime and loved it. It was very suspenseful that is for sure. I have also watched the live action movies.

I just watched the live action film last weekend 063.gif.cf7e71aa468244f51d7d3766ab5d9d29.gif I love L and Misa in the movie!

But I don't like Light in the movie... he look completely different from the Light imagined..1b38f9e2.gif.be7ffd143c42a6284ebf1aeb83643f02.gif

• Geano locked this topic