Laser411 Posted August 20, 2017 Share Posted August 20, 2017 I found a program a few years back that pulled metadata, filenames, episode synopsis, fan art, and would even rename your files for you to conform to however you liked it. I can't for the life of me find it or something suitable to replace it but my anime collection has grown disorganized. If someone could help me find a great program to do all of this, I would be eternally grateful. This program was geared towards XMBC/Kodi and ran on Windows. Thanks in advance guys! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brycec Posted August 20, 2017 Share Posted August 20, 2017 Try looking up Filebot. Not too sure if that is it, but it did bulk renaming. As for metadata and such, I think Kodi does that automatically, as long as the file is named correctly. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laser411 Posted August 20, 2017 Author Share Posted August 20, 2017 A little more info, this is how it renames and stores fanart and such. [MEDIA=imgur]5iWw0ES[/MEDIA] The program also did banners and scans. Don't remember what site they were pulled from but this is the image it got for Free! [MEDIA=imgur]a/NTg1I[/MEDIA] Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laser411 Posted August 20, 2017 Author Share Posted August 20, 2017 It definitely wasn't Kodi or XMBC or any plugin. Was definitely a windows program. I found it when I was having issues everytime I needed to wipe my kodi installation or re-add my collection it would spend like an hour scraping my collection again and wasn't saving it. This program scraped like myanimelist.com or anidb and pulled all the good stuff and renamed it all. It did take a while if I recall, something about too many requests too quickly from whatever source it was pulling the pictures and stuff from. It had to take it slow to avoid being blocked. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brycec Posted August 20, 2017 Share Posted August 20, 2017 I see. I cannot really think of any like that. There is Sick Beard, which seems to get metadata too, but I am not too sure how close it is, not to mention metadata is rather unnecessary for Kodi/XMBC/Plex, since they get the metadata, as long as the file name is right. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laser411 Posted August 20, 2017 Author Share Posted August 20, 2017 Yes, they get the metadata but I use kodi/xbmc on a Raspberry pi, and the things are finicky and the installation just stops working once in a while and I need to reinstall the OS and when I complete the reinstall it wipes out whatever metadata had been stored. So this program made a permanent, in the folder, copy of the metadata and artwork as well as renamed it all to conform with how I wanted episodes named. I never needed to redo a scrape which took a very long time. It was all in one and it was amazing. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brycec Posted August 20, 2017 Share Posted August 20, 2017 Yes, they get the metadata but I use kodi/xbmc on a Raspberry pi, and the things are finicky and the installation just stops working once in a while and I need to reinstall the OS and when I complete the reinstall it wipes out whatever metadata had been stored. So this program made a permanent, in the folder, copy of the metadata and artwork as well as renamed it all to conform with how I wanted episodes named. I never needed to redo a scrape which took a very long time. It was all in one and it was amazing. I see. This is why people like me are annoyed when people do not backup data. Next time, do the backup, which should be detailed by documentation, and possibly the installation file for the software. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laser411 Posted August 20, 2017 Author Share Posted August 20, 2017 Well it's not only that but I get new devices frequently and repurpose the Raspberry Pi's for different things. The main purpose was to not have to do scraping and be able to use a new device or even a friends device without updating or scraping the library. Just wish I could find that software again, it was a good piece of software. I really liked the banner/fanart feature though. Sucks I may never find it again, usually I stick all my applications on my NAS but it seems this one never made it. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brycec Posted August 20, 2017 Share Posted August 20, 2017 Well it's not only that but I get new devices frequently and repurpose the Raspberry Pi's for different things. The main purpose was to not have to do scraping and be able to use a new device or even a friends device without updating or scraping the library. Just wish I could find that software again, it was a good piece of software. I really liked the banner/fanart feature though. Sucks I may never find it again, usually I stick all my applications on my NAS but it seems this one never made it. I see. Well, Filebot and Sick Beard are cross platform with Windows binaries (you'll need to run a search for the former, since it is behind a paywall now), but looking at Sick Beard, I do not think it can do just renaming a metadata scraping, since it talk about doing downloads in addition to what you wanted, whereas Filebot only did certain things (I used it only for renaming to Plex/Kodi specs). Only way to find out for sure is to give it a try. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laser411 Posted August 21, 2017 Author Share Posted August 21, 2017 Oh a little bit of extra info, so it actually knew which anime/episode it was based on like the MD5 or something and knew who released that particular copy. I am hoping someone chimes in and is like " I KNOW THAT ONE!!! ". I will love you long long time! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brycec Posted August 21, 2017 Share Posted August 21, 2017 (edited) Oh a little bit of extra info, so it actually knew which anime/episode it was based on like the MD5 or something and knew who released that particular copy. I am hoping someone chimes in and is like " I KNOW THAT ONE!!! ". I will love you long long time! Cannot say that I have. Around the time I got into HTPC setups, fansubbing was basically dead. Did you find via a community, possibly a dead one, in which case you can use the WayBackMachine? Update: Might not be it, but I found this page that could help. https://wiki.anidb.net/w/AniDB_Clients Edited August 21, 2017 by Guest Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laser411 Posted August 22, 2017 Author Share Posted August 22, 2017 You know, I don't think that's it because the name doesn't sound familiar at all but that does basically the same thing and I think I just might use that. I don't believe the one I used could pull your anime watch list, so that's a big bonus Good job my friend! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laser411 Posted August 22, 2017 Author Share Posted August 22, 2017 Aww, it's missing fanart, synopsis, and banners . Seems like a great renamer though Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts