Anime Character Firs Impressions

ItsSammy

When watching Anime or just living life, we tend to make assumptions or get first impressions of people before we actually get to know them. This thread is where you can talk about your first impression of anime characters you've seen.

Feel free to post about characters from shows you've completed, or just started.

You may also talk about characters you've only seen as well, even if you haven't watched the show they're in.

Aside from the fact that I, being so stupid, made a typo in the actual title and will now have to look at that in shame for the rest of it's existence, I actually have a few characters to talk about in this thread.

1. Levi Ackerman (Attack On Titan)

Let's be honest. The first time I saw Levi, I was just like, "Well ... There goes my heart." because, honestly? How was I supposed to NOT fall in love with that? I also instantly just got this "Cool, in control, 'bout to kick somebody's butt if they look at him the wrong way." vibe from Levi 'cause he just exudes power and control.

So, that was my first impression ... Just, "Oh dear Lord, I've added yet another character to my list of husbandos."

2. Hanji Zoe (Attack On Titan)

First time I saw Hanji was only a few seconds after I saw Levi and I instantly just started internally squealing, "Ship it. I ship it! Ship. It. So. Much. It. Hurts. Me. Psychically!!!!" I don't really know why, I just instantly got this feeling that they would be the absolute cutest couple.

I also got this sort of mature vibe from Hanji and I still do even after seeing her overtly crazy behaviour, I still just feel like she's actual quite mature but I don't really know why ...

3. Armin Arlert (Attack On Titan)

First time I saw Armin I just fell in love, like, "You touch this precious angel and I'll rip your spine out, then make you grovel on the ground until you beg for mercy, got me?" kind of love, ya know? Maybe that's just me ... I dunno.

Anyway, I absolutely adored Armin and thought he was the cutest little thing when I first saw him, I was also really impressed at the strength and wit he showed while dealing with his bullies, plus, he just seemed so innocent and cute.

4. Eren Jeager and Mikasa Ackerman (Attack On Titan)

First time I saw Eren I thought he was adorable, I mean, it was when he was little and he awoke from his dream ... His eyes were so green and I just thought they were the prettiest things. I also really loved how confident he was, he seemed to think he could take on the whole world and I really liked that even though most people just think he's ignorant ... I still adore Eren and think he's cute even now, his strength and confidence has just gotten even more profound and I enjoy it so much, watching him fight his fears and his past is just great.

Mikasa was a cutie in the beginning too, I did get this feeling that there was more to her though, like, she had something that made her the way she was ...

5. Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul)

First time seeing Kaneki I just adored him, I thought he was absolutely adorable and I loved that he was a kind of introverted and quite little book loving boy, 'cause I, myself, am the same.

I also liked his way of thinking, (I read the mangas) because he seemed really interesting as a person, plus he was adorable so I was already definitely reading more.

6. Uta (Tokyo Ghoul)

I absolutely adored Uta the first time I saw him, I just couldn't help it ... He had those cute cat like eyes and he looked so adorable! I also loved the way he talked about cannibalism like it was no big deal, even enjoying it. He was also really cool looking, very interesting to look at and it made me want to learn more about him.

I also love the way he seemed so eccentric and strange, in a good way.

7. Suzuya Juuzou

Oh, I was completely obsessed with Juuzou after seeing him for the first time. I know, I know, "he was so adorable!" ... Well, yeah! I instantly got these care free, childishly playful, yet still dangerous vibes from him, he seemed like a cute little guy who could kill you in a second, but I absolutely adored him and thought he was cute in a crazy, probably slightly demented way.

After reading about his backstory I have the same kind of love for him as I do for Armin, the "Touch him and I'll kill you!" kind of love, which, mind you, I had even before reading his backstory but it got a lot stronger after reading it.

8.Light Yagami (Death Note)

Honestly, Light was a mystery to me in the beginning. He seemed quite cute and innocent when I first saw him, then I noticed that little hint of something about him ... The way he seemed so detached from others and his cynical view on life.

I ended up just figuring him out as the show progressed, which I love, because his complex character is just too good to understand instantly.

9. L Lawliet (Death Note)

Well, L was a complete mystery in the beginning and I was just enthralled with the secrets and mystery that surrounded him, after seeing him for the first time I was absolutely enamored with him and thought he was totally adorable.

I loved all his little quirks and thought he was just the cutest thing for the longest time, I still adore him.

10. Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!!)

I was completely obsessed with him when I first saw him, I thought he was definitely the most interesting character in the show and I found him really cool. He also reminded me of my roomie, @SAO LILDOOP, which was really cute, 'cause they're both so alike.

I've only watched a few episodes of this show but he's definitely my favorite character so far and the reason I plan to pick it back up soon.

11. Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)

I know Naruto is a classic Anime and most people love it, but ... I just couldn't get into it due to the writing and how most of the characters didn't really seem ... Real? I plan on getting back to it though because I absolutely adore Kakashi, I just can't help but like him. He's so cool while still being uninterested, he always seems to be off in his own world yet he's one of the most skilled fighters in the entire show. I just love characters like him, the ones who are so powerful but they don't even seem to care. My first impression of him was that he was really skilled, majorly powerful, but still a down to earth, sort of aloof kind of guy.

12. Gaara (Naruto)

Gaara is the other reason I plan on going back to watch Naruto, I just think he's adorable. I saw a picture of him before I started Naruto and I thought he was the cutest little guy in the show, I also got a lot of info from my roomie on the subject and I just adore Gaara even more now ... My first impression on Gaara was that he was kind of angry, hurt, alone and probably an anti-hero of sorts in the show.

So, that's about it for now ... Feel free to post your first impressions of anime characters here.

Edited by Guest

First impression of Erwin smith (Attack on titan). "He would be a great hugger, like a really great one". Y'know, he has broad soldiers and looks very manly and cool while also looking very warm and friendly, just looks like he would be an excellent hugger.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic