ELFEN LIED: Differences in views on differences among people...

graphene

Elfen lied, one of finely crafted art-work, which raised question on how do you see a person different than you or on odds with the accepted societal standards, norms and values. Whether you hate the difference or embrace it by heart is decided on basis of many factors which could range from threat to your culture to threat to your survival and presents a big dilemma, of which the most important is resolving the conflict between humanity and conciliation with other kind of people with differences. The difference could range from biological, sociological, cultural or any other perspectives you may think of.

In times when there is havoc going on over immigrations from extreme west to extreme east in the world and scientific debates over improvements of human species physiologically and structurally, elfen lied raises a very thought-provoking issue of social alienation and divisions among the people over differences among them and tries to bring out the true human character based on their inherent discriminatory practices for the fellow human beings. The rage and discontent which results from this cause men to fight over each other and proceed to mass demolitions of one side or the other to a non-recoverable level.

So, share your views over the topic whatever you feel as right and wrong regarding these questions and themes or anything you want to say related to the subject. And be fully open while presenting your views since no one judges anyone here for their beliefs.

88ec563a441d9e4d5bc1b434fcdfb69563473f9a_hq.jpg

Edited by graphene
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rudilla said:

So if I understood this correctly, this person made many populations mad at them for telling the truth. Humans, like many wild animals can be either automatically rivals when they spot another of their kind, or try to approach and work together. With animals, this is much simpler than with humans, since they will only get around better with others close to them, like the group they've time with, or with partners they've had in the past for lone animals. Human behaviour in this aspect is much more complex, most of the time a person will decide if another is similar enough to them enough to be considered a friend or relatable, or view them as a potential threat to their existence, and I believe this is the reason why humanity is so difficult to unite, when there are so many differences. This leads to the inherent discriminatory behaviour you talk about, in my opinion at least.

The least we can think of doing, is just like Elfen to try to enhance humanity physiologically, *OR* to try to make people have more similar lives, that should bring them more common personalities and could possibly prevent some (not all, but it's better than nothing for a start) segregation. It's also possible to not do anything at all and see what chance brings us.

well, while i agree with many points in your lines, i am still not sure whether we could leave anything to chance. For some reasons, i cudn't understand fully ever why it's difficult to accommodate the differences among each other. They fight over religious differences, cultural differences, physical and even colour differences. But they forget, all these differences emerged after the origin of humanity itself and not the reverse, i.e. humans, when started on earth had similarities in all aspects but differences emerged due to various external and internal influences to improve the adaptibility as darwin, lamarck and mendel showed in their works. So, instead of fighting over them, humans were supposed to respect each other so as to promote the common good for everyone's survival in long term future. Instead they chose to work for short term gains and benefits which now endangers us as a whole in form of population explosion, climate change, high inequalities in society etc. Connect the patterns among all these and you will be able to figure out easily where are we gonna end up eventually.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Rudilla said:

That's correct, you nailed it. And interestingly enough, when I was thinking about this a few minutes ago, I got inspired by it to write a poem about it, if you're interested in reading it, it's on my blog.

quite a nice one @rudilla......especially loved the last part.....

it really just felt like someone deeply thought something in mind. I believe there is more in your subconscious mind than what came out in those lines, so will wait till u spill out some more next time...... :)

will add some more angles in this discussion later......

elfen lied was a good series only when you can understand what is in it which is not shown explicitly.For a normal person, it will just be a regular watch without helping him getting what it wanted to reveal...... 

so a very nice applaud for the creator of it......... its sensitive, its heart-touching, its thoughtful........

• Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Rudilla said:

Thank you for your opinion.

I'll consider watching it then, if it's that well made. I'll make sure to.

yea, it just has 13 episodes. so 4-5 hours of mini marathon will be good..... :D

Edited by graphene
  • Like 1