Love That Overcame Time

Sakura

Just a poem I wrote several years ago related to love/spending your life with someone,  and thought I would post it. I have been meaning to get back into writing lately and I am trying to get inspired again to write more.

Love That Overcame Time.

A smile, A laugh,
The beat of your heart, the beat of mine.

A kiss, A hug,
The smile on your face, the blush on mine.

Three simple words, One leap of faith,
The future unknown, but our loves set in stone.

Two hearts, One dream,
I won't look back, and neither will you.

Two simple words, One small ring,
Now I am yours, as you are mine.

Arguments had, Love is tested,
Still our love remains, no words can break it.

Days pass, Years come and go,
Still smiling with you, our loves only grown.

My final breathe, Our last kiss,
Still by your side, dying in your arms.

Two golden gates, One shining city,
Still with you in forever, even past this life.

A smile, A laugh,
That started a love, that overcame time.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

2 minutes ago, Banri said:

That is so beautiful ❤️

Thank you ^^ I am going through my old poems, trying to find some type of inspiration for how to write again. I feel like I don't know how to write anymore since it has been such a long time, but then again I could never force it and it always had to be something I was actually feeling at the time in order to be able to write it.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely the same, when I was in school I use to write too, but I too feel like I don't know how to write anymore as it's been a such a long time, I can still remember the creative energy that use to flow through me during school, while others in Music class were off doing their own thing I can still picture myself in the middle of class sitting at the desk with a pen and paper and I could write original songs, thinking back I wonder what the teacher had done with them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banri said:

I'm absolutely the same, when I was in school I use to write too, but I too feel like I don't know how to write anymore as it's been a such a long time, I can still remember the creative energy that use to flow through me during school, while others in Music class were off doing their own thing I can still picture myself in the middle of class sitting at the desk with a pen and paper and I could write original songs, thinking back I wonder what the teacher had done with them.

Lol yes I used to do that as well, I had written hundreds of poems, but all of them usually tend to be in more song format as I don't really follow any particular poetry patterns I guess. I just tend to write what I'm feeling and tried to make it sound nice. I used to have so much more inspiration but I think work takes all my creativity and stomps on and stabs it and then kills it again. 

• Friendly 1

• 1 month later...

Aw, this poem is super cute, I liked the imagery of the city, it fits my very cliche romance-in-the-city mood. Interesting rhyme scheme use!

• Friendly 1