Bunny Drop (Usagi Drop)

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]Usagi_Drop_full.15658.thumb.jpg.1922a40edf7e1a7e660ecea60b8d3bf8.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

While attending his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is surprised to discover that his grandfather had an illegitimate child with an unknown mother! The rest of his family, fearing the obligation and embarrassment, want nothing to do with the silent little girl, Rin. Sensing her imminent abandonment and outraged by his complacent family members, Daikichi decides to adopt her himself! ...yet he may have underestimated the difficulty of balancing his work, family, and love life with his role as her guardian.

I really enjoyed this anime and highly recommend it to anyone looking to watch a good SoL.

The anime explores some difficult to talk about and yet very common problems , such as children who have lost their parents and adoption , despite these heavy themes the anime is presented in a light and friendly way making it more accessible to the viewer.

Any thoughts ?

This anime has gotten on and off my plan to watch so many times, I have lost count. Unfortunately, its off of it right now. Perhaps I'll look into it once I finish watching a few series (probably sometime mid-late next week). I will mention that Rin seems kinda young to be the illegitimate child of a 33 year old's grandfather.

The series explains why that is but here's a bit of a spoiler/ the reason why.

His grandfather had a relationship with a young woman named Masako Yoshii (I can't remember her age ,early 20's if I remember correctly) for a few years before he died , she abandoned Rin so that her career would no suffer.

• Geano locked this topic