Sword Art Online

Honestly, I thought it was passable. I've only seen the first two seasons, and it's had its ups and downs, but I don't think it necessarily deserved the hate it got from the anime community years ago. I think it was just an easy target because it was a popular show.

That being said, it's not particularly a favorite show of mine. I'd say that if you like video game anime, you could give it a try. Personally, though, most (not all) video anime are disappointing for me.

Edited by Kinbaryu

I couldn’t stand SAO... I didn’t make it past episode one. The concept was really good, but I feel like it was very poorly executed. According to others, the series just gets progressively worse, dropping more and more potential into the dust.

I’d say try something else first, so that you have watched better anime to judge it against 🤣

Animes like this one that are very good - Movie: Summer Wars, Anime: Accel World, and Rising of the Shield Hero.

I’ve heard a lot of people were disappointed in the direction sword art online took towards the end, and several other reasons it wasn’t worth completing. Apparently the series ditches it’s original aim and turns into a basic harem/ slice of life. To each his own, I’m sure that some people enjoy it, even if I thought it wasn’t good.