Anyone wanna come with me to a anime convention?

AnimeGuy247

Would anyone be interesting in attending Acen with me in May? Its a anime convention in Illinois and a couple friends of mine who live there are splitting the cost of the hotel by $180, I purchased my badge already via online for $62, if you do want to go, it would be great if you would be willing to drive me there and we could either drive all night, rest a little in the car or pay for a hotel/motel which if that's the case the first drive there would be on me, and on the way back you would cover the cost. But anyway yeah if anybody is interested in going please message me for more information, thanks! Purchasing a badge can be done online at Acen.org currently for $60 ($2+) for shipping until April 1st

The state I live in Oregon, so having someone who lives in or near Oregon is preferred, unless a long distance pick up doesn't bother you.

• Dislike 1

That is a legitimately creepy thing to ask people online when you haven't even really made any friends or connected with anyone here on any level yet. I mean, you're third post is asking someone to pick you up Oregon to take you Illinois and go to Acen? That's just odd, and doesn't come off as a good idea for anyone.

• Agree 3

That is a legitimately creepy thing to ask people online when you haven't even really made any friends or connected with anyone here on any level yet. I mean, you're third post is asking someone to pick you up Oregon to take you Illinois and go to Acen? That's just odd, and doesn't come off as a good idea for anyone.

I appreciate your concern and will keep it in mind, thanks, do you have anymore tips that may be helpful to me in finding another fellow anime fan who may be Interested in this?

Edited by Guest

why open new threads to ask the same thing ? You already have an open thread asking this

nope at least one of the others was same person as this , but your right with out any other involvement in the forum but this is a bit creepy

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 3

I thought it might of gotten buried in the forum chats so I decided to make a new one

Look, I'll be the one to say it. You're not going to have any luck. You aren't going to have any luck here, and you aren't likely to have any luck anywhere else you ask this.

You live in Oregon, approximately 2,000 miles away from Chicago, give or take a few hundred depending on specific location within the state and the driving route taken. Most people driving to an anime convention in Oregon will probably be going to...

• Sakura-con in Seattle (max of 500 miles from Oregon), 9th largest anime convention in America by 2015 attendance.
  • Anime Expo in LA (max of 1,000 miles from Oregon), number one largest anime convention in America by 2015 attendance.

Anime Expo is three times the size of Acen - why would someone drive twice the distance, in the thousands of miles for that, when they have a good chance of having a superior experience quasi-locally? It doesn't make any sense.

Given that you purchased your ticket without having travel plans solidified, I hope you're ready for extreme disappointment.

• Like 1

Look, I'll be the one to say it. You're not going to have any luck. You aren't going to have any luck here, and you aren't likely to have any luck anywhere else you ask this.

You live in Oregon, approximately 2,000 miles away from Chicago, give or take a few hundred depending on specific location within the state and the driving route taken. Most people driving to an anime convention in Oregon will probably be going to...

• Sakura-con in Seattle (max of 500 miles from Oregon), 9th largest anime convention in America by 2015 attendance.
  • Anime Expo in LA (max of 1,000 miles from Oregon), number one largest anime convention in America by 2015 attendance.

Anime Expo is three times the size of Acen - why would someone drive twice the distance, in the thousands of miles for that, when they have a good chance of having a superior experience quasi-locally? It doesn't make any sense.

Given that you purchased your ticket without having travel plans solidified, I hope you're ready for extreme disappointment.

I actually have travel plans, but if I can get a ride from someone else instead I'd much rather so that, so even if I can't find someone to give me a ride, I have no dissapointment to look forward to, although I appreciate your concern and hey what's the harm in asking? If someone agree's great, if no one agrew's, eh oh well, I gotta plan B.

• Optimistic 1

I actually have travel plans, but if I can get a ride from someone else instead I'd much rather so that, so even if I can't find someone to give me a ride, I have no dissapointment to look forward to, although I appreciate your concern and hey what's the harm in asking? If someone agree's great, if no one agrew's, eh oh well, I gotta plan B.

That just brought the creep factor up to 11. I was trying to be nice when I posted before, but that seriously is a huge red flag by everyone to stay the hell away from whatever you're doing. Eww dude, just gross.

• Geano locked this topic