Jellyfish -Delicious Fishing Venture?

Seshi

I came across an article this morning that said Jellyfish are overpopulating the sea, and may soon become the only source of food to fish from the ocean.

Due to their unique ability to survive in polluted, oxygen deprived environments and the food resources they prey on, as well as their affinity for warmer water environments - we may soon see the day where the most common sea creatures are Jelly’s.

After seeing this, it was very encouraging to learn that Jellyfish are quite edible, and even can be considered a delicious delicacy.

I have run into many moon jellyfish on the coast where I live, I have a boat... and a desire to go fishing in the near future. So I thought, can I fish for moon Jelly’s and actually get away with eating them (without being stung)?

Here is an interesting segment that addresses the nuances of that question - but my short answer would be YES! 

Edited by Seshi

Jellyfish are some weird animals. I think it's one of the simplest organisms you can see.

I would however really watch out not being stung because some of them can be quite dangerous, and also preparing it correctly as some species contain poison. The biggest hurdle I see is distinguishing which species of jellyfish you have because they all look quite similar. Of course it can be done, but they don't really look appetizing enough for me to even try 😂