Pokemon News Thread

Ryuji

That Pokken Tournament for the Wii-U looks really nice.

According to a Nintendo World Report, when asking Pokemon’s marketing director to provide a cryptic clue about Pokemon in 2016, his response was “flowers.”

While discussing the future of the Pokémon, we asked Smith to offer us a cryptic tease of that future.

“And last but not least, can you just throw a cryptic word out there? Just anything. Something will get me to scratch my head. That, like, in eight months I’ll go, ‘That’s what he was talking about!’”

After a pause, Smith’s response was “Flowers.”

Let the Speculation begin! :P

I see it now! Pokemon Rose and Pokemon Daisy xP

Maybe a Mega Evolution for Shaymin?

Maybe a Pokemon Gardening Game? xP

Who only knows with Game Freak :P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon Go, an augmented reality Pokemon game for IOS and Android has been announced for a release of 2016.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs

2016 is the 20th anniversary of the original Pokemon games. Masuda hinted that they considered how this game might tie into future main series Pokemon titles, which means it’s not replacing the main games.

It looks really awesome! Too bad I don't have an IOS or Android......

Since 2016 is the 20th anniversary, I wonder if the main series game will be a special anniversary edition......

corocoro10151.thumb.jpg.a3359081cd37df913e8c9646642fb937.jpg

Zygarde can take many forms. Normal Zygarde is at 50% and is called Zygarde 50% Forme. The dog like form is when it is at 10% and is called Zygarde 10% Forme. It has sharp teeth and speed. The blob is the cell' date=' or Zygarde Core and becomes the brain of every form. The flat form is called Zygarde Cell. New large form is called Zygarde Perfect Forme and retains its Dragon/Ground-type. It is the Order Pokémon and is 4.5m tall and 610kg and is said to exceed Xerneas and Yveltal in power. The new Anime series called Pokémon XY & Z is to come with Mega Evolution Act 4 starting on October 29th.[/quote']

To be honest, these new forms look lame to me. However the new anime series is called Pokemon XY & Z so that basically confirms us getting a Pokemon Z next....I think.

To be honest, these new forms look lame to me. However the new anime series is called Pokemon XY & Z so that basically confirms us getting a Pokemon Z next....I think.

I wonder if we get two new Pokemon games: Pokemon Xy and Pokemon Z.

We had B2W2 back in fifth gen, so it's not impossible.

I wonder if we get two new Pokemon games: Pokemon Xy and Pokemon Z.

We had B2W2 back in fifth gen, so it's not impossible.

Maybe.... I bet Nintendo has fun making us suffer like this xP

Also...I predict: Psychic/Fairy Mewtwo Z and Fire/Fairy Charizard Z. xP

Hmmm....maybe some new megas too.

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you in the Europe, the Hoopa distribution has been announced. This distribution will run in GAME stores in the UK from October 23rd to November 5th, Gamestop stores in Germany from October 16th 2015 to November 7th 2015. Hoopa is to be distributed at the First Look Festival in the Netherlands this weekend on October 10th and 11th. French and Spanish dates are forth coming, as are North American dates. It is obtained via Serial Code and will be available to all X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games.

A US press release has confirmed that Hoopa will be distributed in North America later this year

hoopaevent.jpg.9a418a80f481e59b33dc1d4985eeec2a.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

In America, Hoopa is to be distributed at McDonald's restaurants across the country from November 27th 2015 to December 23rd 2015

So a random Zoroark event has started in America. It is unique in that it knows Sludge Bomb, a move it can't normally learn.

In other Pokemon News, Shadow Mewtwo is a confirmed opponent in Pokken Tournament.

darkmewtwo.jpg.d25f4e9c50a40dab2c6d81acb91d12ff.jpg

It looks freaking awesome!

I need to find the footage that was released containing it.

So a random Zoroark event has started in America. It is unique in that it knows Sludge Bomb, a move it can't normally learn.

In other Pokemon News, Shadow Mewtwo is a confirmed opponent in Pokken Tournament.

darkmewtwo.jpg.1256aa3b0469f8a086c0b31f26b821bf.jpg

It looks freaking awesome!

I need to find the footage that was released containing it.

Kinda looks like a darker version of Mega Mewtwo X, but still looks pretty cool.

I don't know why the developers went with this instead of... normal Mewtwo... but I look forward to it.

Kinda looks like a darker version of Mega Mewtwo X, but still looks pretty cool.

I don't know why the developers went with this instead of... normal Mewtwo... but I look forward to it.

Now that you mention it, Shadow Mewtwo is supposed to Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo X. So that picture is probably Shadow Mega Mewtwo X.

• 2 weeks later...
In this month's issue of CoroCoro, it has a page detailing what will be in the next issue. In this, it has a note stating that big Pokémon news for 2016 will be revealed in the issue.

Yay! Big news either means new main series Gen VI game or the start of Gen VII! I can't wait!

Nintendo Direct mentioned some Pokemon stuff, but for me, I'm looking forward to them putting out Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow virtually and planning on keeping everything the same as the original versions. Can't wait to download it from the Nintendo Store onto my 3DS.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Japan is getting a pretty sweat set of Pokemon Themed 2DSes, each one has the respective game pre-installed.

original.thumb.jpg.935fc7a7053722cdb8fab0412d444d80.jpg

I MIGHT go as far to import one. I don't care for the 2DS's UI, but it would make for a cheap device to play imported games on. However, since Nintendo hasn't been to bad when it comes to localizing the library, I don't think that would be necessary. Maybe if I find enough games from japan that never got localized that I would like to play.

pokemon_timeline.jpg.1e29c9593362d9d36d92406dcce988bd.jpg

I'm just going to tuck this here and mention that 2016 marks Pokemon's 20th Anniversary so I'm expecting Gen VII this year.

@Ryuji Gen VII by the end of the year is totally possible. But everyone's been saying that it would be Pokemon Z.

Not that I can blame them, since there's the new Zygarde forms and the new season of the anime is called 'X, Y, and Z'. But compared to all the 'third wheel' pokemon games, Z would just seem late and uninspired for an anniversary. Plus I'm not the biggest fan of XY, so I'd rather go with something totally new.

Of course, it might just be that Nintendo thinks Pokemon GO is enough to satisfy Pokemon for the 20th... but no one would really want JUST that.