Funimation Titles Added to Crunchyroll’s Library

Ohayotaku

I seem to remember someone asking about this when the merger process started. So decided to post the official links for anyone interested (please note that the lists only include titles/versions that were previously exclusive to Funimation’s streaming platform)

Added to CR June 2022

Cumulative List

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Funimation is now owned by Sony, which also owns Crunchy.  In all likelihood at some point one or the other will be shut down by the parent company as a cost-saving measure.  I think I already read somewhere that Sony was phasing out the Funimation brand.

That or they’ll do something like migrate all the subscribers of both existing services to a new service and shut the old ones down.

Edited by efaardvark
Link added

They’ve been migrating Funi’s titles to CR site, but gradually. And unfortunately it seems some of their bugs/glitches are along for the ride. If watch any videos on Funi’s site it’s prefaced by an ad for Crunchyroll, so pretty sure the Funimation site will shut down entirely at some point. Of course CR/Funi lost most of Sentai/HiDive’s titles now that they’re competitors. CR gets more titles per season & has more titles overall, but HiDive has been snatching up some high profile ones (Made in Abyss, Danmachi, Call of the Night, the new Urusei Yatsura). And now in addition to Netflix, Disney+ is getting in on the game.

Wish Sony would've fixed the numerous issues with Crunchy's site first.  I haven't been a Funimation subscriber for a while.  How bad was Funi's that Sony decided Crunchy's was the better option?  :D  At least most of Crunchy's were "just" UI issues with their web site.  The content itself is ok once you got into it.  Quite a few of the transferred titles still don't even have the audio, subtitles, and/or video synced.

6 hours ago, Nicholas D. Wolfwood said:

I hope HiDive  is  NOT  shutting down  soon too :(

Shutting down seems unlikely, I do hope they upgrade the site/app though as it sometimes seems to have difficulty in handling the increase in users.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, efaardvark said:

Wish Sony would've fixed the numerous issues with Crunchy's site first.  I haven't been a Funimation subscriber for a while.  How bad was Funi's that Sony decided Crunchy's was the better option?  :D  At least most of Crunchy's were "just" UI issues with their web site.  The content itself is ok once you got into it.  Quite a few of the transferred titles still don't even have the audio, subtitles, and/or video synced.

Case in point... I just tried "Slow Loop" on Crunchy.  The subs are about 5 seconds behind the audio.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:11 AM, Nicholas D. Wolfwood said:

what are The pros and cons  of getting all three anime channels / networks at one time

Funimation HiDive  and crunchyroll? 

and Yes i will watch all of them

I don’t intend to renew my Funimation subscription when it expires in November (only reason I still have it is it was an annual subscription & the odd chance I might want to watch an older title that hasn’t been transferred to CR yet).. CR is my primary site for anime, but intend to keep HiDive too for the foreseeable future (at least until next year). Don’t intend to renew Hulu since my discounted rate expires in December (though it’s apparently the only legal option in the US for watching the new Bleach series). At the end of the month will probably let Netflix lapse till next year (still need to finish Edgerunners & maybe binge another series before time runs out). Might give Disney+ a look for the first time before the year is over, though Summertime Rendering release date in the US still hasn’t been announved.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 1 month later...

CR doesn’t seem to be updating the cumulative list anymore. But Record of the Lodoss War (OVA & TV series) and Heat Guy J  just got added to the site (and my queue) 

I Notice  this  a while back

funimation  and CR  message Boards / forums  had a Live Span  of  2008/9 to 2020  and

TAN   or  Re named being   Hidive

https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/

is The HIdrive/TAN  the only  Network fourm  Left

Since the {adult swim}  forum shut down  Because of too many Anime fans

how many Anime boards are Left  I wonder

Besides  AF aka this board  and AP  anime planet  and The TAN board

and yes The  toonami faithful board is gone  as well

and I have another  question and A lot of boards  shuttting down   because  of  discord