🟡🐱‍👤Meditation In Dragon Ball Super!

Posted (edited)

I think its really cool how dragonball series has displayed powerful techniques like meditation, and even a bit of yoga! (i saw broly trying to do tree pose in the manga).

image.png.8efed17247e5cb6e5ca8e73ce86174be.png

Broly In Tree Pose

image.png.62f3b5b399ac5aa99c8e34d5ed36a3d9.png

image.thumb.jpeg.664cd3396e27d9504b9d8883a84028cc.jpeg

The technique of meditation has always been around but it's is something characters like Vegeta need to progress on their path as a martial artist.  Goku used to meditate when he was younger, Tien did too, and  Piccolo meditates in DBZ alot. Vegeta is really smart because he realizes that their bodies have been trained to the maximum but now they must strengthen their minds through mental training..

image.png.1b68bf3c93af2069a60e5b4405058185.png

In real life, meditation is used to calm ones mind/body and can be used to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Its insane that Akira Toriyama (RIP) knew a good amount of concepts on meditation. 

image.png.429c8467d332d80d74ebae5d9dc743e0.png

Stuff like half lotus, Burmese pose and full lotus are used in the show. When Jiren Meditated he used full lotus, a pose that has ones feet near their thighs to go into deep states of meditation.

image.thumb.jpeg.04997991beda65a79eb981ef537af4e5.jpeg

Jiren: Full Lotus and using cosmic Mudra

image.jpeg.b6f49ae90fa706e58fa2fbb4dc7dd118.jpeg

Full Lotus

Usually masters of meditation use this pose and beginners use Burmese pose. They even use the mudra or Dhyana mudra instead of the popular "Chin" mudra or hand seal thats quite popular. 

-Goku & Meditation

image.thumb.jpeg.7078e87b5945062f6dc87eb62938eaa8.jpeg

Goku in Particular is using mindfulness and basic meditation to calm himself in the manga. As Ultra Instinct is Highly Difficult to get into unless one meditates. 

Goku has been seen meditating in Dragonball Super Anime although its not while sitting. He is using the technique called mindfulness to be aware of his thoughts, feelings, and environment before the assassin Hit tried to kill him. All day, 24/7 

And if you don't know, mindfulness is a real meditation technique that can be used whenever you want. You can be anywhere and use mindfulness. Once again, Its when you focus on being aware of everything within and around you, in the present time that is. 

Also, Zen Buddhist monks use mindfulness to cultivate an advanced state of awareness called Mushin..... A Mind State that inspired Ultra Instinct. I might talk about Mushin eventually in another post. 

image.jpeg.6e9aba022b21082ea822cf0fdf6aede9.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Metabee177
Unnecessary images
  • Like 1
  • Creative 1

I knew meditation was a real thing people do, but I didn't know the poses in some of the Dragon Ball episodes were actual real poses from Yoga so that is a pretty cool thing to learn. I remember trying to do the meditation thing from watching DBZ when I was younger but, I could never focus for long at it. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

I knew meditation was a real thing people do, but I didn't know the poses in some of the Dragon Ball episodes were actual real poses from Yoga so that is a pretty cool thing to learn. I remember trying to do the meditation thing from watching DBZ when I was younger but, I could never focus for long at it. 

Yeah they mention meditation In dragon ball z too. Its real but most have trouble with it saying that its too difficult to do. 

I always have a huge amount of respect for anyone that can manage meditation as I was never able to accomplish it. Requires a lot of of focus to achieve real meditation. I do like how it's incorporated into DBZ as well as the real styles of poses. A lot of anime has real fighting moves or incorporates real life poses from yoga or different fighting styles into it and I think that helps to make it much more realistic. 

2 hours ago, Zeref said:

I always have a huge amount of respect for anyone that can manage meditation as I was never able to accomplish it. Requires a lot of of focus to achieve real meditation. I do like how it's incorporated into DBZ as well as the real styles of poses. A lot of anime has real fighting moves or incorporates real life poses from yoga or different fighting styles into it and I think that helps to make it much more realistic. 

Real Meditation takes some effort and can be hard work. Think thats why Piccolo was sweating so much while meditating. Jiren's meditation was on a whole different level than everybody else. 

31 minutes ago, Metabee177 said:

Real Meditation takes some effort and can be hard work. Think thats why Piccolo was sweating so much while meditating. Jiren's meditation was on a whole different level than everybody else. 

Makes a lot of sense. Most people don't focus hard enough to do real meditation. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Zeref said:

Makes a lot of sense. Most people don't focus hard enough to do real meditation. 

In the manga Vegeta was meditating for 100 something days in Planet yardrat?? Think thats why Vegeta "might" be stronger than goku rn. In base form that is.