Emoji Nuisance?

Akame

Question

I know I just got here, but I seem to have the problem of the emojis being to small or legible to see for me. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I'd thought i'd bring it up.

Would increasing the size of them in the dropbox be possible?

Here's a notable difference from another forum.

CnfME3w.thumb.png.bbd71c9cc2bd6156787c1cae8148285e.png

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I know I just got here, but I seem to have the problem of the emojis being to small or legible to see for me. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I'd thought i'd bring it up.

Here's a notable difference from another forum.

CnfME3w.thumb.png.c23fffb1ae7cce7dfd5b03e96800713c.png

To be honest, I can't say I've ever had this problem... However, on the revamp, there will be an option to have much larger emoticons (won't spoil anything else about it though). As for the actual size of them now, I could probably create some CSS to increase the size for you a bit. Although, the pic you posted doesn't seem to have larger emoticons compared to ours... they're just yellow.

Just finished my CSS hack:

img.mceSmilie {width: 22px;}

I can't guarantee the quality of upscaling it though. For that, @Optic would probably have to help you out.

• Like 1

To be honest, I can't say I've ever had this problem... However, on the revamp, there will be an option to have much larger emoticons (won't spoil anything else about it though). As for the actual size of them now, I could probably create some CSS to increase the size for you a bit. Although, the pic you posted doesn't seem to have larger emoticons compared to ours... they're just yellow.

Just finished my CSS hack:

img.mceSmilie {width: 22px;}

I can't guarantee the quality of upscaling it though. For that, @Optic would probably have to help you out.

Well that's great news! I know they're the same size but it seemed easier to see on that site. Very minor issue though, I was just seeing what could be done about it and provide site feedback. Thank you, senpai.

I strongly agree although I rarely use the emojis myself. I usually just use the text and sometimes that gets swapped automatically. However I think it would be nice if more, usable ones, got added

Hello @Akame,

Thanks for your suggestion. Looking at that screenshot brought back memories when I used to own an IPB forum. :angel:

I know exactly what you mean though having used IPB before.

Yes their smilies are slightly bigger than ours:

IPB-happy.png.97e96a63595c2963ea5a6b993c15c290.png :)

59e216d7bd734_IPBthumbsup.png.b97e3cd83b6bbccc5edad1a59d360c34.png :angel:

At this stage though I have no plans to change the size of our riceball smilies - but we would love to add some new big ones. I have already added a set of Neptunia smilies..

If you have a specific smiley set you're after, please do raise a suggestion in a new thread and I'll see what I can do.

• Winner 1