Experimental ideas

Optic

Question

Hello everyone,

So this thread will include side project ideas that are being worked on or experimented with. They may or may not be implemented depending on the results of the experiments. :P

Feedback is always welcome.

1. Anime Screenshot Gallery Revamp

nanoha-takamachi-gallery-preview.thumb.jpg.1234c8438003de73195734c1dc72c7c5.jpg

Experimenting with moving the anime screenshot galleries away from the current Gallery to the newer system as it has a lot more options and works better for this type of gallery.

I've re-uploaded two galleries if you're interested in seeing what it may look like:

https://animeforums.net/nanoha-takamachi-gallery/

https://animeforums.net/fate-testarossa-gallery/

Have a peek and let me know if it either crashes your browser or if you like it! :P

2. Breadcrumbs back to Review pages (landing pages)

This one is nowhere near as exciting but VERY important for navigation. Finding a way to add a second set of breadcrumbs so you can jump back to the Review page for a given anime title.

The challenge is finding a way to do it so it doesn't break the forum and also make it fairly easy for the Anime Team / Writer to link.

An idea of what it may look like:

second-breadcrumb-idea.thumb.png.816cb274392ab22844302140e59cda91.png

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

I didn't actually check, I bailed the first sign of choking, whilst it was still loading! I will have another attempt, but I will wait for these downloads to finish first!

EDIT: Was planning on testing the gallery yesterday, but was too shattered, when my downloads had finished!

It seems I bailed prematurely, or at least, with three tabs open, one of them being the gallery, the page loaded fine, there was a slight choke, but after that, it was fine!

I'm drooling at Nanoha, all those pictures... but in a "that's an awesome series" sort of way!

I say series, you've used pictures from Movie 1st which, is ok, but I prefer the series :D - the madcapness of fighting a giant kitten, the mutant tree, Nanoha's phone alarm tone -I want that alarm tone-, etc.!

Same goes for Movie 2nd A's, the series had alternate colours Nanoha and Fate (Aria and Lotte), and I'm sure something else... but I appear to have forgotten!

That said, the addition of Linith, in Movie 1st was good!

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 1

Just an update the custom breadcrumbs have almost been done.

More screenshot galleries have been moved:

https://animeforums.net/screenshot-galleries/

Still a good number to go. I'm cautiously readding them and adding redirects as some of the older ones were already in Google-sama Image search.

I say series, you've used pictures from Movie 1st which, is ok, but I prefer the series :D

Good to see the gallery is working for you now. I haven't seen the TV series yet, nor have I seen StrikerS... should I? :P

Edited by Guest

I haven't seen the TV series yet, nor have I seen StrikerS... should I? :P

I'd recommend it, I don't mind Movie 1st's Raising Heart design, although I prefer Nanoha's original barrier jacket with her big red bow, also as mentioned before some of the events are slightly more madcap than Movie 1st; a giant kitten and a mutant tree!

Similarly with A's vs. Movie 2nd, the movie cuts out the scenes of fake Nanoha and fake Fate, which is a shame!

As for StrikerS, some people don't like it, although it's quite enjoyable for introducing new characters, and the Nanoha Overkillness; what setting is Nanoha going to crank her overkillness to this time :D?

EDIT: There's even a higher setting on the overkill settings with the manga Nanoha Force!

latest?cb=20151021162155

Some more pictures of the Fortress, can be found here and here!

There's also another Force picture, with Mariel Atenza, but I can't really see it as anything but fanservice!

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 1