Studio Ghibli Film studies coursework

CaysieW

What do you mean by that? That they are translatable language-wise or that non Japanese people would understand them in general?

Yeah, it means that can non Japanese people understand the meanings in their films easily to the point that they could pass for a western film, despite Japanese culture/Buddhist culture influences

• Informative 1

Yes. Each SG film is actually really translatable, in my opinion. I was watching Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service before I even really knew what "anime" was. I do believe that meanings may be easier to identify with and understand as far as age audience goes, but culture wise I feel like it's very understandable.

SG films tend to take strong, independent female leads and have them overcome obstacles and triumph. I believe that is a subject that is very easily understood and respected by Western culture.

• Like 1

Yes. Each SG film is actually really translatable, in my opinion. I was watching Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service before I even really knew what "anime" was. I do believe that meanings may be easier to identify with and understand as far as age audience goes, but culture wise I feel like it's very understandable.

SG films tend to take strong, independent female leads and have them overcome obstacles and triumph. I believe that is a subject that is very easily understood and respected by Western culture.

Thank you so much! This really helps! Other that the initial analysis of my chosen films this is the first bit of primary research I've got ❤️

Thank you so much! This really helps! Other that the initial analysis of my chosen films this is the first bit of primary research I've got ❤️

You're very welcome!

If it helps at all, I also personally feel like SG films tend to be relatable in the aspect of self growth and finding ones identity. Many of the main characters will begin as stubborn or hard headed and soften through out the films as they struggle with life choices. They are definitely relatable in the aspect that they have the ability to reflect emotions that we all struggle with at some point in our lives.

• Friendly 1

You're very welcome!

If it helps at all, I also personally feel like SG films tend to be relatable in the aspect of self growth and finding ones identity. Many of the main characters will begin as stubborn or hard headed and soften through out the films as they struggle with life choices. They are definitely relatable in the aspect that they have the ability to reflect emotions that we all struggle with at some point in our lives.

I totally agree! That's one of the things I love about SG films!

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic