Ask Kohloo

Kohloo

If all the technology that has ever exists (e.g. manual tools, like screw drivers, power tools, like drills, and our electronic equipment today) ceased to exist, what would you do to survive?

Edited by Guest

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't worry about spice - Thai food can typically be as spicy or un-spicy as you like! Just specify 'one star' when asked about how spicy. @Cy~ is super sensitive to spicy stuff too, but she rarely has issues with it. I used to order the stuff ultra hot, but lately I've just settled on medium heat.

As for recommendations, yellow curry with chicken is my favorite... compared to other curries, I'd describe it as being ... hrm ... as sweet as it is pungent, with a very approachable and rich flavor that sets it a bit apart from similar dishes in my opinion.

Cy~ tends to go for Pad Se Ew, which is another dish that's easy to approach - it's basically wide rice noodles fried with meat, broccoli, and a light soy based sauce, if I'm not mistaken. Restaurants that get the noodles and the sauce just right are to be treasured.

Another good starter dish would be Pad Thai, which is probably the most well known of the three. Another rice noodle dish, this one (in my opinion) is another rice noodle dish, though the noodles are typically narrow, rather than the wide ones used for Pad Se Ew, with a different, more complex sauce. It's typically served with bean sprouts to add some body to the dish, though I generally order it without.

Chicken satay is a delightful and fairly simple appetizer that we frequently get - basically just chicken skewers, though perfectly marinated and flavored. <3

Also, Thai iced tea is an absolute delight.

... I'm a foodie. Kill me. :(

The yellow curry sounds interesting! The only curry type thing I've really tried is coconut curry (homemade by a family originally from India, which I fricken love omg) and a spinach dal (prepackaged stuff, that one I tried was a bit too spicy for me but it was perfect if I mixed in a little sour cream with it)

Chicken satay sounds absolutely amazing. I like skewered foods hahaha. Especially chicken :3

Pad Thai sounds a bit more interesting than Pad Se Ew to me. But I'd try them both! I'm usually not huge on noodle dishes, but there have been some in the past I like!

If all the technology that has ever exists (e.g. manual tools, like screw drivers, power tools, like drills, and our electronic equipment today) ceased to exist, what would you do to survive?

Use my hands! *furiously digging in the dirt*

I probably wouldn't survive very well. Could always try making tools though.

• Like 1

he yellow curry sounds interesting! The only curry type thing I've really tried is coconut curry (homemade by a family originally from India, which I fricken love omg) and a spinach dal (prepackaged stuff, that one I tried was a bit too spicy for me but it was perfect if I mixed in a little sour cream with it)

I've never actually had a lot of Indian food myself, so I don't know how their curries compare to Thai ones, but Thai yellow curry does make use of coconut milk as an ingredient. Do you have much experience with Indian food other than that? :o

Chicken satay sounds absolutely amazing. I like skewered foods hahaha. Especially chicken :3

Oh gosh, yeah. We almost never go out for Thai without splitting an order of it to start things off... it's always a delight. ^^

Pad Thai sounds a bit more interesting than Pad Se Ew to me. But I'd try them both! I'm usually not huge on noodle dishes, but there have been some in the past I like!

I can relate - noodles aren't typically something that I tend to go out of my way to eat, but I really, really love rice noodles. <3

I probably wouldn't survive very well.

I'm pretty sure I'd die of boredom, myself. :D

• Like 1

I've never actually had a lot of Indian food myself, so I don't know how their curries compare to Thai ones, but Thai yellow curry does make use of coconut milk as an ingredient. Do you have much experience with Indian food other than that? :o

Oh gosh, yeah. We almost never go out for Thai without splitting an order of it to start things off... it's always a delight. ^^

I can relate - noodles aren't typically something that I tend to go out of my way to eat, but I really, really love rice noodles. <3

I'm pretty sure I'd die of boredom, myself. :D

As for Indian food, I've had coconut curry, butter chicken, spinach dal, samosas, pakora, tikka masala, biryani, and I'm sure some other stuff!

I haven't been here in a few years, but a lot of the stuff I tried is from this restaurant that serves East African and Indian cuisine http://jambogrill.ca/

I don't think I've ever tried rice noodles, so it might be something I enjoy!

• Like 1

As for Indian food, I've had coconut curry, butter chicken, spinach dal, samosas, pakora, tikka masala, biryani, and I'm sure some other stuff!

I haven't been here in a few years, but a lot of the stuff I tried is from this restaurant that serves East African and Indian cuisine http://jambogrill.ca/

I don't think I've ever tried rice noodles, so it might be something I enjoy!

The chicken lollipops on that menu look amazing. <3

I really need to try more Indian food.

Okay, okay. Actual question.

You're shipwrecked on a deserted island. There's plentiful vegetation and critters to nibble on. What five items would you most want to have when you wash up onto the shore?

The chicken lollipops on that menu look amazing. <3

I really need to try more Indian food.

Okay, okay. Actual question.

You're shipwrecked on a deserted island. There's plentiful vegetation and critters to nibble on. What five items would you most want to have when you wash up onto the shore?

A tent, a blanket, a butt ton of waterproof matches, an axe, and a change of clothes.

• Agree 1

What do you really think?

*zoom in to Kohloo's mind at this moment*

How hard is it to make a Belgian waffle?

I don't have a waffle maker.

How hard is it to make a pancake with the same taste and texture as a Belgian waffle?

Never mind, I highly doubt that's possible. It'd just be a regular pancake and I don't like pancakes.

I think there's Eggo waffles in the freezer. But do I actually want to use that toaster?

Wow, it's really raining out today.

Is that a garbage truck I hear, is it garbage day? I thought it was Thursday. Maybe Thursday is something else? The recycling was empty on Thursday. But yesterday the garbage was full. Tuesday, garbage day? Thursday, recycling? Why isn't it done on the same day like everywhere else I've been?

I've never had plain Eggo waffles, I wonder if I'll like them. I like the blueberry ones because I can just eat them with nothing on them. Would I be able to eat the plain ones the same way and still enjoy it?

*zoom out of Kohloo's mind*

• Winner 1

You are judge, jury, and executioner. Rate my worth as a human being, and judge whether I deserve to should remain alive on this Earth, or be sent away into the great beyond.

Okay, that might be a little overly dramatic. Let's try asking something else.

Tell us a story?

You are given three choices by a Dragon, evil incarnate, destroyer of worlds:

1. To flee and watch the world turn to ashes

2. To face him

3. To offer up your beloved, in exchange, the Dragon will leave and you will live as the country's sovereign.

So yeah. lol

You are judge, jury, and executioner. Rate my worth as a human being, and judge whether I deserve to should remain alive on this Earth, or be sent away into the great beyond.

Okay, that might be a little overly dramatic. Let's try asking something else.

Tell us a story?

Your worth is too magnificent for this Earth. I sentence you to the great beyond! Because I've decided the great beyond is something awesome that only a privileged few may behold.

Once upon a time there was a lion. The lion met a duck and fell in love instantly. The lion was overjoyed when the duck returned her feelings. They lived happily ever after. The end.

What would you do if everything you believed were a lie?

Be absolutely horrified and probably go into denial

You are given three choices by a Dragon, evil incarnate, destroyer of worlds:

1. To flee and watch the world turn to ashes

2. To face him

3. To offer up your beloved, in exchange, the Dragon will leave and you will live as the country's sovereign.

So yeah. lol

Number three is just absolutely not an option for me, I love my beloved far too much to give him up.

Number two is probably impossible. I think in that situation I might be a bit of a major coward.

Whelp, sorry guys, I guess the world is ash now!

• Winner 2

If there were a court case and the jury, instead of deciding whether the defendant was innocent or guilty, decided to rule that either the judge or baliff was guilty, how would you respond?

If there were a court case and the jury, instead of deciding whether the defendant was innocent or guilty, decided to rule that either the judge or baliff was guilty, how would you respond?

I'd say that'd make for some good entertainment!

• Like 1

On a scale of one to ten, ten being The Great Satan, and one being an angel, how irritating have I been since I first registered here?

It really sounds like you want to be a ten lol.

For real though I'd say 1

• Friendly 1