Tell me about you 10

Greeneyes

@existentiallylostdumbell I personally think that striving towards something we see as worth our time is somewhat just hoping again, hoping that we're right, hoping that it's something we really need to do, and I dislike throwing everything away and just hoping that the purpose we give ourselves is enough ...

I'm glad to hear you're planning on doing a bit of research on religion though.

• Like 1

People make war and kill each other because they are human, not because of religion. Because they are greedy, hateful, misfortunate or afraid. Religion is just one of many excuses used to cover up war, you get rid of it and I'm sure they'd just find another one. If the world only had one government, and nationalism wasn't a thing war in the traditional sense might end, but I have no doubt there would still be conflict and radical groups and things like that. It's human nature.

I do believe you make an excellent point, humans will fight over just about anything. But the first thing that comes to my mind is organized religion in the extreme sense. I wouldn't mind people having religion if they just would shut up and leave other people who didn't believe in their view alone. Sort of like a, "your life, my life." sort of deal. "you don't push me, I don't push you." but no human at least in large groups ever thinks that way. Sad really. Common sense and logic is not something extremely frequent among these creatures.

I mean honestly, I'm Pagan, but I don't go out of my way to start fights or wars with anyone having a different belief system than me. If you want to do it, do it, the tipping point, is are you hurting others? 'An it harm none, do what ye will, lest in self defense it be, ever mind the rule of three.'

I mean, I worship Death. Some people don't understand that, nor jive with it. And that's okay, I am not upset about that. what I get upset about is people who go out of their way to shame, hurt, fight, or condemn someone for not having the same beliefs. One of my best friends is a Luciferian, and the other, a Christian! But we don't hate each other, we don't fight. We respect each other. That's all.

Edited by Guest

I do believe you make an excellent point, humans will fight over just about anything. But the first thing that comes to my mind is organized religion in the extreme sense. I wouldn't mind people having religion if they just would shut up and leave other people who didn't believe in their view alone. Sort of like a, "your life, my life." sort of deal. "you don't push me, I don't push you." but no human at least in large groups ever thinks that way. Sad really. Common sense and logic is not something extremely frequent among these creatures.

The question comes down to this, does your religion/belief proclaim love regardless of whether or not people live it out accurately. If it doesn't then there's a problem. Love is not an unidentifiable concept, it is expressed clearly through action, it's not self-seeking if it is then that's infatuation, not love. If I love you then even if you hate me for it, I have to tell you the truth, it would be wrong not to. I do however agree if you choose not to believe that is your case, and we shouldn't force anything upon you. At the same time don't assume that when we share something it means we are forcing it on you, just because we are telling you what we believe. I do not agree that logic and common sense is the problem here (Even though I do agree the majority of human beings struggle to think about what they believe and why they believe, but please remember the case goes to all humans not only ones who believe in organized religion), it is as existentiallylostdumbell says we have sin and this is why we need guidance from someone who doesn't sin.

Edited by Guest

The question comes down to this, does your religion/belief proclaim love regardless of whether or not people live it out accurately. If it doesn't then there's a problem. Love is not an unidentifiable concept, it is expressed clearly through action, it's not self-seeking if it is then that's infatuation, not love. If I love you then even if you hate me for it, I have to tell you the truth, it would be wrong not to. I do however agree if you choose not to believe that is your case, and we shouldn't force anything upon you. At the same time don't assume that when we share something it means we are forcing it on you, just because we are telling you what we believe. I do not agree that logic and common sense is the problem here (Even though I do agree the majority of human beings struggle to think about what they believe and why they believe, but please remember the case goes to all humans not only ones who believe in organized religion), it is as existentiallylostdumbell says we have sin and this is why we need guidance from someone who doesn't sin.

Most certainly. I have no issues with people telling me about their religion, but only if I ask. Usually I do, because I find religion fascinating. Just like I myself, will not go off about what I believe in unless asked details. I might say, "Oh I'm this, I believe in this." then that's my comment. But usually that only comes up in conversations like these.

I do believe that if your teachings do not teach love, compassion, understanding and balance, it is harmful. But just as you mentioned, there are people who are equally awful that do not have a religion. I am not saying all bad people are religious, they were unfortunately the first ones that came to my mind though, especially with the way the majority of the churches are treating me and my husband and our marriage. It's hurtful, but we endure.

But I think this post just went way off topic. O.o Sorry.

1. Whats something you want everyone to have in the world?

Equality

2. How would you end all wars?

Well it's usually crooked governments that get us into wars in the first place, so ya gotta abolish them somehow.

3. Whats your favorite animal?

Dogs and cats, just because I've had some as pets.

4. Whats your favorite vehicle?

I don't have a car, but I'd probably be happy with any tbr

5. How do you deal with sadness?

I'll usually reflect on whatever caused the sadness, see if I can learn something from it.

6. Would you help someone on AF if they were depressed?

I'm really not the comforting type tbh, well, at least not IRL, but I'd make an attempt.

7. Whats your hobby's?

Internet, youtube, foruming at times, binge-watching shows, checking out movies, playing tennis, hanging with friends and family.

8. Who's got it harder men or women?

Right now, I'd say both. The struggle is real on both ends.

9. Whats the best joke you have ever heard?

http://fun.hudo.com/joke/bill-gates-goes-to-heaven/

10. *Your own fact about yourself*

Majoring in Criminal Justice for my BA.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Just gonna do this... cause it looks fun.

Equality

Being a good person!

A Cat and a giraffe!

A wheelchair! Then I don't have to walk...and its fun to ride down hills with. I would never actually use one though since I don't need one, just a fun thought.

Cry, like everyone else does.

Of course!

7. Whats your hobby's?

I like to write!

Depends. I do believe men have to put up with more stereotypes though (in america at least), not many girls get bullied for being tomboys at least from my experience they haven't, but a girly boy? Hes done for. (Not very knowledgeable in this topic though)

Whats the name of a Rhino and Elephants baby?

Eliphino pronounced- Hell-if-I-know :3

I like cats

Answers only: ( I know, I know. I'm a very lazy freak...)

1) Happiness. To me, happiness matters a lot. If you're not happy, nothing in the entire world will satisfy you.

2) I would end all wars by making the whole world united.

3) Anything that's fluffy!<3<3

4) A BMW i8. (OF COURSE!!)

5) I usually daydream that my fave anime character is comforting me or I just slam the door of my room shut, bury my head in my pillow and cry.

6) What's AF? Oh, AF. Anime Forums. OF COURSE!! But I need some comforting first now...

7) Watching anime. Reading manga. Hanging out with my friends. Daydreaming that I'm a character in my fave anime.

8) Um... Probably both.

9) Probably this one? IDK.

Why shouldn't you give Elsa a balloon?

Because she'll LET IT GO! LET IT GO!

10) I love animals except for reptiles and amphibians. I'm an anime freak/an otaku. I love to daydream about my fave anime characters and pretend I'm in the anime. I love to lip sing songs because I don't know how to sing. Yeah, that's all.

Edited by Guest

Happiness

Rock paper scissors

Sloth

Bullet trains

Willpower

Of course, that shit sucks its better to have an ally when fighting a tough battle

7. Whats your hobby's?

learning new things, reading, adventuring, sleeping, hiking

Yes

I went to a zoo before.

they only had one animal though

it was a dog

i think it was a Shitzu

My sister named her dog Zoe, i thought it was a bad name for a dog so i named her Anchovie and began calling her that. She now responds to Anchovie and my sister hates it

• Funny 1