Need help identifying an anime

Ryuzaki754

Question

I remember a scene from a commercial or ad from the early 2000s where an older man in glasses, possibly a scientist, says something along the lines of "nothing good can come from spending too much time in the presence of a genius", and then the camera cuts out. Anyone know where that's from and is it a good anime? 

Edited by Ryuzaki754

13 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

Male Female? Old Young? What color Hair? What color eyes? Any distinctive details? Scar, bump two dif color eyes something?

My memory of it is kind of vague I'll say what i remember and hopefully nothing is distorted lol, a middle aged/older man most likely a scientist in glasses and a white lab coat, gray/white hair. The setting could be in a lab but i remember he was speaking to a camera and it cuts out after he says his line, not sure if that was from it being a commercial or not. Again, he says "nothing good can come from spending too much time (with) /(in the presence of) a genius", He says his line like he is giving a warning, as if something bad has happened. There was a wall behind him gray-blue in color maybe metal. Lights flickering. I wish i saw or remembered more from it and hope i haven't distorted any of my memory lol..my cousin was with me when we saw it and he remembers it as well so i know it exists we just have no idea where it's from. I've tried finding it multiple times and failed to my own frustration haha. Thank you guys for trying to help, i hope i or someone else finds it! 

Edited by Ryuzaki754

Well this sux because I can remember an anime with that line in it, but I can't remember the anime itself. That will drive me like a cheap Cadillac for a few days. o.O I will spend some time digging through the mental archives and see if I can dig it up and blow the dust off of it for you. No promises though, there's a lot of crap in my attic. O.o 

6 minutes ago, Oakmi said:

Well this sux because I can remember an anime with that line in it, but I can't remember the anime itself. That will drive me like a cheap Cadillac for a few days. o.O I will spend some time digging through the mental archives and see if I can dig it up and blow the dust off of it for you. No promises though, there's a lot of crap in my attic. O.o 

Thanks! And I knew I wasn't crazy, it is real! Hahahah

1 minute ago, Ryuzaki754 said:

Thanks! And I knew I wasn't crazy, it is real! Hahahah

Yeah I can even hear the line used by the voice actor in my noodle, which is even worse because now it's become an outright quest. xD

On 1/6/2018 at 8:50 PM, Ryuzaki754 said:

Any luck??

Not yet, I've been working through my watchlist trying to identify it, and then rewatching the series. I could have sworn it came from something like "Steins;Gate" or one of those ";" series. But as of yet, I haven't heard the line. It'll probably be some title I watched out of boredom ten years ago and forgot about until I rewatch it one again out of boredom and hit on the line by hearing it. I'm pretty sure the line is "Nothing good can come of spending too much time in the presence of a genius." then the character pushes up a pair of glasses. Sigh...frustrating. Like an earworm only worse. I'll keep looking though. 

There's a line in "Outlaw Star" where he says "Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." 

Close as I've come so far. 

16 hours ago, Oakmi said:

Not yet, I've been working through my watchlist trying to identify it, and then rewatching the series. I could have sworn it came from something like "Steins;Gate" or one of those ";" series. But as of yet, I haven't heard the line. It'll probably be some title I watched out of boredom ten years ago and forgot about until I rewatch it one again out of boredom and hit on the line by hearing it. I'm pretty sure the line is "Nothing good can come of spending too much time in the presence of a genius." then the character pushes up a pair of glasses. Sigh...frustrating. Like an earworm only worse. I'll keep looking though. 

There's a line in "Outlaw Star" where he says "Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." 

Close as I've come so far. 

Thanks for helping looks like we're getting closer. Also, at the very end of a short anime advertising video with scenes from a bunch of shows, i heard that line you mentioned from outlaw star while the screen was showing the word Toonami...and then right after, static occurs and a character from a show called Blue Submarine No.6 named Jung Zorndyke who is a glasses wearing scientist said "be very careful" into a camera..in terms of his voice it sounded extremely similar to the guy were trying to find. So much of it fit what were trying to find and that outlaw star quote and the "be very careful" quote were so close together in the ad I hope we haven't meshed the 2 together in our minds over the years haha. But I can still remember the quote were searching for, which makes me think it's out there and makes this more frustrating haha. The video is Toonami-Mad Rhetoric [walking stick]. 

Also, don't hesitate to ask me for help anytime! 

Edited by Ryuzaki754

I've watched the video and saw the part your referencing. Man that voice did not ring any bells. I'll keep browsing, though watching all this anime is going to be a very long process. An enjoyable one fortunately for me. xD 

Actually I'm going to peep Robotics;Notes next, and then Parasite. See if its' either one of those.