Fate Series

Greeneyes

Ok for you who have watched/know a lot about this series I have a few questions and statements I would liked answered and read Thank you for looking at this thread I know you are bored but I don't care.

1. What is the series in order?

2. I have seen 2 or 3 but not sure I started to watch Achryptfia or how ever you spell it and I was lost on Ep. 1 

3. Can you give me a over simplification on the story Whole series without revealing and big things in the show?

Ill update this later after theses are answered...

1. The fate stay night series is based on a visual-novel series so there are 3 different routes. But I think regardless of which route you choose Fate Zero comes first because its a prequel.

Then there is the unlimited blade works(UBW) route of which there are two seasons. 2014 - 2015 25 eps in total.

Then heavens feel route which a movie is coming out. There will be 3 movies eventually

And finally I believe the original fate TV series is the first route. 2006 25 eps and a couple OVAs from 2010 if your interested.

But yeah it doesn't matter which of these routes you choose first because they're all different versions of the same sort of thing. (personally I've only watched the Unlimited Blade Works Adaptation.)

Fate hollow/ataraxia is a sequel to fate/stay night (the original route i think?) But i don't think it has an anime adaptation yet.

Okay so first Fate Zero then any route of fate/stay night you like (i recommend UBW)

Most shit below this point is kinda redundant in my opinion but I'll let you be the judge of that.

So now whats all this fate apocrypha fate extra fate grand order crap????

Well you see the author of most of this stuff Kinoko Nasu likes to make parallel universes and shit.

Most of this stuff doesn't really have an order but ill list it anyway.

Fate Extra

First off Fate extra which i think is based off a game. This has an anime adaptation in the making nothing atm though.

Fate Extello and fate extra CCC are also things that exist. They're related to fate extra but there's no anime adaptation of them either.

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illiya

Oh god okay there are 4 seasons of this thing at this point. It's a magical girl spin off of the original series. So if that sounds like your thing go ahead

otherwise just leave it alone. It's not important.

Fate Prototype 

This is like a remake of the original series and so far there is one OVA. It came from a manga I think

Fate Apocrypha 

This came from a light novel series and its a parallel world from fate/stay night. I personally haven't watched it but I've been told its not good. (The person who told me this doesn't even like fate/stay night so it might not be the best advice)

Fate Grand order

This is like a universe with all the others combined sooo yeah. It's got one OVA. Came from a mobile game. And that's about it.

Anything else you see like Fate Strange Fake is probably garbage, so don't worry bout it.

okay question 2.

uhhh yeah apparently Apocrypha is shit. idk I haven't watched it.(most fate fans disagree with this btw)

3!

The fate series is about the holy grail war where mages(Magus) summon great heroes (servants) to fight for them, right?

Okay so these wars happen periodically whenever the grail appears and every one wants it because it grants wish's. There's also this thing/guy/servant who lives in the grail called Angra Mainyu who came from the third grail war but i wont go into that.

Anyhow Fate Zero. (don't worry i wont spoil)

The MC is kind of Kiritsugu Emiya but fate zero focuses on all the characters so not really. But yeah he's a Mage killer who spends his time being a badass/asshole killing mages until one day he is hired to participate in the Grail war. So yeah he summons Saber as his servant and cool and sad stuff happens. Then at the end he adopts Shirou who becomes Shirou Emiya and now its fate/stay night.

Fate/ stay night UBW (fuck the other routes)

Shirou (the MC of Fate/stay night) ends up in the next grail war ((not willingly) did i mention that the grail itself chooses who participates in the war?) and he ends up summoning the very same servant his non blood related father summoned.(What are the chances?!) So cool and sad stuff happens and the end. oh and if you want any of the side plots to make any sense you should probably know about the main magic families who participate in the war.

The shittiest of which is the Matou family They aren't really relevant in fate/stay night but in zero and heavens feel they are. (idk about the original route) Anyhow they used to be powerful but now their family's magic circuits are disappearing with each generation. So now they're shit. 

Then we got the Einzbern family. These are the people who hired Kiritsugu in Fate Zero. But they end up as Shirou's enemies in Fate/Stay night. Another thing about them is that they have a homunculus that stores the grail within its body until each war comes to an end.

Okay so now we got Tohsaka family. This is the fam that Shirou sides with in fate/stay night. 

Yeah so i think there's a couple more but they're not that relevant before you watch the show. 

And that's all iv watched since I'm not really interested in the spin-offs and alternate parallel worlds and shit. But i will watch heavens feel when it comes out. And maybe the original fate route if i feel like it.

Good Luck

Edited by SeaOfRed

• Geano locked this topic