Anime Advice Needed

Riotlion

Question

So once again i've hit a stump! I find myself in a situation where i'm not too familiar with anime to identify good anime's to watch but also not too unfamiliar that any anime I watch is automatically the best anime ever! I first started off with Shounen anime as we all do going through the main titles aswell such as fullmetal, AOT etc. I then became interested in comedy which led to comedy - romance which led to just romance but not just any romance!.. Oh no my main interest currently is dark romance! It started with Your Lie in April that spiced up the whole idea of the romance genre in general for me then I moved onto others things even explored boku no pico out of general curiousity.......never again......And finally the last anime I watched was Scum's Wish which connected with me on so many levels just due to past experiences of mine! So what i'm trying to say is does anyone have any recommendations for an anime with a romantic theme but dark twist to it because i'm currently in love with that type of anime! I appreciate any advice given thanks!

5 answers to this question

So by dark...do you mean tragic? I'm trying to piece this together to help you but dark means so many different things to different people. 

I'd recommend Bacanno! It's a fairly dark comedy, really a masterpiece even. Has some romance in it, some gore (but not in excess as some shows do), some psychological terror, suspense, mystery, comedy...really it has a lot to offer. The story itself moves extremely fast however, so you need to give it your full attention if you watch it. Otherwise you'll be lost after just one episode.  Romance is not the main focus here. The comedy is. It is still there intertwined in the story.

Norn9 is also a tragic romance you may want to look into. It has dark elements to it, some mystery and suspense as well. Beautifully animated. 

Either of those two pique your interest?

Hmmm...there is always Future Diary as well. That one is very special. You can't forget it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Riotlion said:

So once again i've hit a stump! I find myself in a situation where i'm not too familiar with anime to identify good anime's to watch but also not too unfamiliar that any anime I watch is automatically the best anime ever! I first started off with Shounen anime as we all do going through the main titles aswell such as fullmetal, AOT etc. I then became interested in comedy which led to comedy - romance which led to just romance but not just any romance!.. Oh no my main interest currently is dark romance! It started with Your Lie in April that spiced up the whole idea of the romance genre in general for me then I moved onto others things even explored boku no pico out of general curiousity.......never again......And finally the last anime I watched was Scum's Wish which connected with me on so many levels just due to past experiences of mine! So what i'm trying to say is does anyone have any recommendations for an anime with a romantic theme but dark twist to it because i'm currently in love with that type of anime! I appreciate any advice given thanks!

vampire knight - defently dark romance! has 2 seasons.

• Like 1

Romance anime that are also sad: Clannad, Anohana:the flower we saw that day, Myself; yourself, Gosick, Golden time, convenience store boyfriends, our love has always been 10 centimeters apart, school days, orange, A lull in the sea, Angel Beats. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 2:11 AM, Beocat said:

So by dark...do you mean tragic? I'm trying to piece this together to help you but dark means so many different things to different people. 

I'd recommend Bacanno! It's a fairly dark comedy, really a masterpiece even. Has some romance in it, some gore (but not in excess as some shows do), some psychological terror, suspense, mystery, comedy...really it has a lot to offer. The story itself moves extremely fast however, so you need to give it your full attention if you watch it. Otherwise you'll be lost after just one episode.  Romance is not the main focus here. The comedy is. It is still there intertwined in the story.

Norn9 is also a tragic romance you may want to look into. It has dark elements to it, some mystery and suspense as well. Beautifully animated. 

Either of those two pique your interest?

Hmmm...there is always Future Diary as well. That one is very special. You can't forget it.

So I read your post and seen as you suggested future diary cuz as you said it's very special i thought it might be good......I just finished the entire anime.....i feel empty inside xDxD Never has an anime built me up too such a bitter ending! I love you and hate you for what you've done! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

9 hours ago, Riotlion said:

So I read your post and seen as you suggested future diary cuz as you said it's very special i thought it might be good......I just finished the entire anime.....i feel empty inside xDxD Never has an anime built me up too such a bitter ending! I love you and hate you for what you've done! 

now i wanna watch it!