When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT] 2014-08-16-667298.thumb.jpeg.885d6a7bb2cc662d7ab0a0abb5c91a54.jpeg[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The five members of the literature club awakened with extraordinary powers half a year ago. Although the members expected to be thrown into a world of super-powered battles at their school, their normal daily routine continued. No secret organizations bent on world destruction, no super-powered wars, no brave heroes or demon kings. However, the members still look forward to the possibilities of adventure, and continued to believe that with each day, they were getting ever closer to those days of fantasy. Their days of romantic comedy and battles with extraordinary powers begin!

I was really surprised at this anime, as they took a cliche theme of being in a club with one guy and four girls, and they actually did something interesting with it. I will be honest, I didn't think that they were going to bother with a story, and it was just going to be another slice of life anime. Episode 7 took a complete 180 on the anime, and its finally starting to get pretty interesting.

I glanced this title over but haven't given it a watch yet because the plot didn't sound overly interesting.

The main characters get superpowers but what keeps the plot going? Is there a twist?

Any similarities to Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai ?

The main characters get superpowers but what keeps the plot going? Is there a twist?

Kind of, it was a slice of life until episode 7, then they finally got around to adding some plot in. The MC actually has chuunibyou, but doesn't at the same time, since he does have superpowers. It's not amazing or anything, but its better than your average anime with a club.

Any similarities to Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai ?

Hm... well, a few of the characters have chuunibyou, but one isn't revealed until later, similar to Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai. They are also in a club as well. I would say the only real difference is that they do have superpowers, and the MCs of this anime are more cookie cutter than Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai.

• Informative 1

Seriously, what happened here...?

They were finally starting to get a good anime started, even if it was halfway through, threw everything out the window, and went back to the mediocre show it started out to be O_O I really wanted to see more of the great fairy war.

It's not amazing or anything, but its better than your average anime with a club.

Thanks for the insight. I will probably check it out after I finish Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai Ren then. ^_^

[spoiler=Episode 11]While they aren't doing a bad job wrapping this up, I can't help but feel that this is extremely rushed. Also, it felt like a bunch of episodes were wasted having all the girls fight over Andou, as no one really won. I have a feeling we'll see Andou's true power in this coming episode with the fight against the student council president.

A bit unsatisfying, but whatever.[spoiler=Episode 12]Kudou should have won though, as they practically went through everyone else, and they all "lost" And Kudou was the best character anyway, even if I didn't like her early on in the series.

• Geano locked this topic