I'm new here!

Rockybow

Hi everyone! The name's Rockybow. You can just call me Rocky if you wish. The username is in no way a reference to Rocky Balboa or anything just a username I've used since I was a kid. (To make the story short anyway)

I found this site through google searching different forums to be a part of. Why? Because I miss the good old days of forum communication with wonderful people with mutual appreciation for things I love. When I was growing up I was a part of a Digimon fan forum and I made such good friends there. Eventually it was shut down and it has been years since I've been a part of a community like that. 

Now as a young adult I am being all nostalgic looking back at those times and also looking forward to getting to know new people and talking about our common interest which of course must be anime!

So I joined this site. 

Other random stuff about me?

• I play video games, mostly on console. Been playing Monster Hunter World on the PS4. 
  • I am Canadian and a HUGE hockey fan of the Ottawa Senators.
  • I really enjoy playing piano but I am only self taught and play by ear so I'm not the best. 
  • I enjoy music a ton but I know so little about pop culture I couldn't name you a song or an artist to save my life. I grew up listening to anime music and still do.

I guess I'll end my introduction by listing my top 10 favourite animes?

Let's see here:

• 1. Code Geass
  • 2. Death Note
  • 3. School Rumble
  • 4. Naruto (The whole series)
  • 5. K-On!
  • 6. Welcome to the NHK
  • 7. Digimon Tamers
  • 8. Shirobako
  • 9. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • 10. Baka and Test

I mean there are so many more that I like but those are what I came up with off the top of my head. Certainly some I like more for nostalgia than others but I guess they are all animes that have left some sort of impact on me.

Anyways sorry I guess I was a bit long winded! I look forward to being a part of the community!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 10:55 AM, Rockybow said:

Hi everyone! The name's Rockybow. You can just call me Rocky if you wish. The username is in no way a reference to Rocky Balboa or anything just a username I've used since I was a kid. (To make the story short anyway)

I found this site through google searching different forums to be a part of. Why? Because I miss the good old days of forum communication with wonderful people with mutual appreciation for things I love. When I was growing up I was a part of a Digimon fan forum and I made such good friends there. Eventually it was shut down and it has been years since I've been a part of a community like that. 

Now as a young adult I am being all nostalgic looking back at those times and also looking forward to getting to know new people and talking about our common interest which of course must be anime!

So I joined this site. 

Other random stuff about me?

• I play video games, mostly on console. Been playing Monster Hunter World on the PS4. 
  • I am Canadian and a HUGE hockey fan of the Ottawa Senators.
  • I really enjoy playing piano but I am only self taught and play by ear so I'm not the best. 
  • I enjoy music a ton but I know so little about pop culture I couldn't name you a song or an artist to save my life. I grew up listening to anime music and still do.

I guess I'll end my introduction by listing my top 10 favourite animes?

Let's see here:

• 1. Code Geass
  • 2. Death Note
  • 3. School Rumble
  • 4. Naruto (The whole series)
  • 5. K-On!
  • 6. Welcome to the NHK
  • 7. Digimon Tamers
  • 8. Shirobako
  • 9. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • 10. Baka and Test

I mean there are so many more that I like but those are what I came up with off the top of my head. Certainly some I like more for nostalgia than others but I guess they are all animes that have left some sort of impact on me.

Anyways sorry I guess I was a bit long winded! I look forward to being a part of the community!

Hi and welcome to the forums! I'm a bit late on the welcome,  but it is genuine nonetheless :)

so you were a digimon fan back in the day? Me too ^_^ unfortunately, I Rewatched the first season last year and realized the jokes were....really bad! And everywhere.... it did not stand the test of time but I'm hoping that the new series will.

You know, I also enjoy console playing. On my PS4 I recently did Horizon Zero Dawn and it was pretty good. The main quest was a bit short...but I spent the majority of my time in exploration anyhow. Haven't tried Monster Hunter, but maybe I will someday.

Anyways, welcome to the forums Rocky. I hope you have a great time here!