I dreamt I was in the anime 'Hell Girl' :'( !!

Sasazaki Chan

Hello people of Anime Forums. I have an interesting story to tell. As the title suggests, this post is about the times I have dreamt I was in the anime "Hell Girl." Before continuing reading this post, I recommend you search the plot of this anime before you continue reading, if you haven't watched it already. Normally, I wouldn't post something like this, but these dreams are truly terrifying and it's because the anime is Hell Girl that I'm posting this. Reading this post during the day may make these dreams seem like they're not too frightening, but when it's the middle of the night and you're alone in complete darkness and dreaming about this kind of stuff... ya it gets pretty scary and real quick.

The other day, I was watching Jigoku Shoujo super late at night like I always do and I eventually went to bed (scared. lol). That night, I dreamt I was in the anime and all I remember is seeing Enma Ai staring at me. She was in front of a wooden wall and she gave me the most erie, cold, blank stare you could ever imagine. I was standing there watching her watch me. She didn't move a muscle no matter how much I moved around all confused about what was going on. She just kept staring. The room wasn't too dark nor too light. I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese setting. I was so confused because (somehow) I just knew I wasn't being sent to hell and I know I wasn't going to send someone to hell because I never saw Wanyuudou at all. I remember thinking these things in my dream. And after what seemed like ten minutes of her staring at me I finally woke up. As crazy as this seems, in my dream I remember that I actually liked her creepily staring at me because I remember her looking very beautiful and that I didn't mind her wicked stares. The strangest thing about this was that I was in a three-dimensional body and she was still in a two-dimensional body as well as everything else. How is that normal? If I saw a two-dimensional person walking around the city I live in I'd be scared as hell. I remember in my dream I looked down at my hands to see what dimension I was in and only my body was of the third-dimension. In my dream, I remember thinking that's how my existence or the universe (perhaps?) was supposed to be.

and in another dream..

So as of lately, I have taken interest in a new hobby called 'shurikenjutsu.' Everyday for anywhere from 1-5 hours, I'll throw shurikens at targets, mainly boxes. After watching a considerable amount of episodes of Hell Girl one night, I decided I should go to bed. In my dream, I remember practicing my new hobby. However, something was amiss; something was very different. It was the middle of the night. [I never practice past 8pm because of the lack of light and nocturnal creatures (such as owls, snakes, etc.).] I was throwing shurikens from the center of my backyard to the targets on the east side of the yard. The distance is a little less than 10 yards. The targets were boxes; one huge box (approx. twice the size of a plasma tv box) with a hand-drawn target board (I believe), and a few smaller (plain) boxes. The boxes were just a little closer than where I usually set them up at. The only light there was, was the moonlight, the stars above, and some erie, yet bright white lights which only lit up bits and pieces of the backyard; it was very strange. I threw four shurikens (4 in Japanese culture means death) as I only have four irl. After throwing the one 6-pointed shuriken I have, I went over to the targets to retrieve them. I was less than one foot away from the large box, and I started to pull the shurikens out one-by-one. Then suddenly, arms and hands came bursting out of the box from the front and began to grab me. I was so confused I couldn't move. I was completely frozen, paralyzed (even though sometimes I can control what I do in my dreams, this wasn't the case this time. I had no control AT ALL. I couldn't even wake myself up which I usually do when I have nightmares.). Anyways, the box was pretty stable, as if it were metal. In other words, it didn't move or anything from the force of the hands and arms bursting through the box and moving about. I was pulled in and all I remember after that is accepting my fate and just kind of going with it. I didn't scream, or even cry for help. I did nothing and was forced to witness and accept that. I was presumably torn asunder and then dragged to the hell in Jigoku Shoujo. I woke up scared af and extremely restless. I remember turning on my lights on immediately (which so happened to be bright white lights) and recalling everything that had just happened to me. If you don't know how this relates to the anime, you should watch it to see in what ways this is similar. In my dream, I never did figure out who pulled the string. I don't even know why I was banished to hell either. I didn't do anything wrong I don't think? Sorry if my writing isn't too good. It's late at night rn and I just wanted to write an experience I had so ppl can enjoy it, relate to it, etc.

I still watch Jigoku Shoujo late nights because that's when it's most fun ;)

If you do what I do, be sure you know what you're up for.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

1 hour ago, Sasazaki Chan said:

Hello people of Anime Forums. I have an interesting story to tell. As the title suggests, this post is about the times I have dreamt I was in the anime "Hell Girl." Before continuing reading this post, I recommend you search the plot of this anime before you continue reading, if you haven't watched it already. Normally, I wouldn't post something like this, but these dreams are truly terrifying and it's because the anime is Hell Girl that I'm posting this. Reading this post during the day may make these dreams seem like they're not too frightening, but when it's the middle of the night and you're alone in complete darkness and dreaming about this kind of stuff... ya it gets pretty scary and real quick.

The other day, I was watching Jigoku Shoujo super late at night like I always do and I eventually went to bed (scared. lol). That night, I dreamt I was in the anime and all I remember is seeing Enma Ai staring at me. She was in front of a wooden wall and she gave me the most erie, cold, blank stare you could ever imagine. I was standing there watching her watch me. She didn't move a muscle no matter how much I moved around all confused about what was going on. She just kept staring. The room wasn't too dark nor too light. I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese setting. I was so confused because (somehow) I just knew I wasn't being sent to hell and I know I wasn't going to send someone to hell because I never saw Wanyuudou at all. I remember thinking these things in my dream. And after what seemed like ten minutes of her staring at me I finally woke up. As crazy as this seems, in my dream I remember that I actually liked her creepily staring at me because I remember her looking very beautiful and that I didn't mind her wicked stares. The strangest thing about this was that I was in a three-dimensional body and she was still in a two-dimensional body as well as everything else. How is that normal? If I saw a two-dimensional person walking around the city I live in I'd be scared as hell. I remember in my dream I looked down at my hands to see what dimension I was in and only my body was of the third-dimension. In my dream, I remember thinking that's how my existence or the universe (perhaps?) was supposed to be.

and in another dream..

So as of lately, I have taken interest in a new hobby called 'shurikenjutsu.' Everyday for anywhere from 1-5 hours, I'll throw shurikens at targets, mainly boxes. After watching a considerable amount of episodes of Hell Girl one night, I decided I should go to bed. In my dream, I remember practicing my new hobby. However, something was amiss; something was very different. It was the middle of the night. [I never practice past 8pm because of the lack of light and nocturnal creatures (such as owls, snakes, etc.).] I was throwing shurikens from the center of my backyard to the targets on the east side of the yard. The distance is a little less than 10 yards. The targets were boxes; one huge box (approx. twice the size of a plasma tv box) with a hand-drawn target board (I believe), and a few smaller (plain) boxes. The boxes were just a little closer than where I usually set them up at. The only light there was, was the moonlight, the stars above, and some erie, yet bright white lights which only lit up bits and pieces of the backyard; it was very strange. I threw four shurikens (4 in Japanese culture means death) as I only have four irl. After throwing the one 6-pointed shuriken I have, I went over to the targets to retrieve them. I was less than one foot away from the large box, and I started to pull the shurikens out one-by-one. Then suddenly, arms and hands came bursting out of the box from the front and began to grab me. I was so confused I couldn't move. I was completely frozen, paralyzed (even though sometimes I can control what I do in my dreams, this wasn't the case this time. I had no control AT ALL. I couldn't even wake myself up which I usually do when I have nightmares.). Anyways, the box was pretty stable, as if it were metal. In other words, it didn't move or anything from the force of the hands and arms bursting through the box and moving about. I was pulled in and all I remember after that is accepting my fate and just kind of going with it. I didn't scream, or even cry for help. I did nothing and was forced to witness and accept that. I was presumably torn asunder and then dragged to the hell in Jigoku Shoujo. I woke up scared af and extremely restless. I remember turning on my lights on immediately (which so happened to be bright white lights) and recalling everything that had just happened to me. If you don't know how this relates to the anime, you should watch it to see in what ways this is similar. In my dream, I never did figure out who pulled the string. I don't even know why I was banished to hell either. I didn't do anything wrong I don't think? Sorry if my writing isn't too good. It's late at night rn and I just wanted to write an experience I had so ppl can enjoy it, relate to it, etc.

I still watch Jigoku Shoujo late nights because that's when it's most fun ;)

If you do what I do, be sure you know what you're up for.

First of all good morning :) and second of all OMG i have just read through your whole story, and it sounds absolutely terrifying even i started to get chills just reading it :/ I'm really sorry you had a nightmare. I think what people call those kind of dreams is lucid dreaming, or am i mistaken? I haven't watched this Anime and i probably won't do since it gave you nightmares i don't watch that kind of stuff no more sorry. I just wanted to read this story i don't know why but, i like hearing people's dreams because most of them are very interesting! :D 

I actually remember a really terrifying Nightmare i had, it might be similar to this Anime or it might not but please let me know! I was dreaming that i was in pure darkness with no light then, a mirror appeared in front of me and all i could see was myself, but then a few minutes later it was a dark figure. I was very confused as to why this was happening to me, but this dark figure was staring at me for a few minutes it was so frightening. Then after a few minutes the dark figure started to grab my neck and choke me to death, and it threw me quite far and i landed in fire. 

I know it's very confusing even i don't understand it, but that's not the worst part. I remember dreaming i was sleeping in my bed, then i heard someone snoring so loudly yes it might have been me haha xD But i remember feeling paralyzed when i heard loud snoring. Then i heard someone in my room, now for a second i thought it was real, because once i heard that someone was in my room and because i was paralyzed or maybe i wasn't. I turned my head slightly and all i could see was a dark figure staring right at me, and i realised that it was the same dark figure that choked me in the mirror it was so damn scary. I eventually woke up from that nightmare but i couldn't turn round, because of what i just dreamt. I was terrified to tilt my head a little to have a look i honestly thought the dark figure was right beside my bed, So i just stayed inside my bed until it was time to get up. I did wake up and 3:00am in the morning after that dream so it wasn't time to get up yet, But OMG was i absolutely terrified. I never want to have a dream like that again ever because, everytime i dream something like that i feel like crap then next day and it messes with my head. 

But yeah hopefully that's something similar to this Anime? if not no worries :) At least i got to share one of my terrifying nightmares. 

Hope you're okay! I am very sorry about your dream, it's very scary to have those kinds of dreams. Hopefully there won't be another one for you! 

Take the best of care, and hope to see you around :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pierrem70 said:

First of all good morning :) and second of all OMG i have just read through your whole story, and it sounds absolutely terrifying even i started to get chills just reading it :/ I'm really sorry you had a nightmare. I think what people call those kind of dreams is lucid dreaming, or am i mistaken? I haven't watched this Anime and i probably won't do since it gave you nightmares i don't watch that kind of stuff no more sorry. I just wanted to read this story i don't know why but, i like hearing people's dreams because most of them are very interesting! :D 

I actually remember a really terrifying Nightmare i had, it might be similar to this Anime or it might not but please let me know! I was dreaming that i was in pure darkness with no light then, a mirror appeared in front of me and all i could see was myself, but then a few minutes later it was a dark figure. I was very confused as to why this was happening to me, but this dark figure was staring at me for a few minutes it was so frightening. Then after a few minutes the dark figure started to grab my neck and choke me to death, and it threw me quite far and i landed in fire. 

I know it's very confusing even i don't understand it, but that's not the worst part. I remember dreaming i was sleeping in my bed, then i heard someone snoring so loudly yes it might have been me haha xD But i remember feeling paralyzed when i heard loud snoring. Then i heard someone in my room, now for a second i thought it was real, because once i heard that someone was in my room and because i was paralyzed or maybe i wasn't. I turned my head slightly and all i could see was a dark figure staring right at me, and i realised that it was the same dark figure that choked me in the mirror it was so damn scary. I eventually woke up from that nightmare but i couldn't turn round, because of what i just dreamt. I was terrified to tilt my head a little to have a look i honestly thought the dark figure was right beside my bed, So i just stayed inside my bed until it was time to get up. I did wake up and 3:00am in the morning after that dream so it wasn't time to get up yet, But OMG was i absolutely terrified. I never want to have a dream like that again ever because, everytime i dream something like that i feel like crap then next day and it messes with my head. 

But yeah hopefully that's something similar to this Anime? if not no worries :) At least i got to share one of my terrifying nightmares. 

Hope you're okay! I am very sorry about your dream, it's very scary to have those kinds of dreams. Hopefully there won't be another one for you! 

Take the best of care, and hope to see you around :) 

Haha, you should still watch the anime. It's one of my favorites and its fanbase is very fun to participate in. The only reason why I had the nightmares in the first place is probably because I love staying up super late and watching it, in which gave me the nightmares because I thought about it right before I fell asleep. :D

Your dreams seem really frightening as well. I've seen some really erie shit in this world. Like the dark figure in your dream, I've seen a dark figure as well. I'm not saying both of ours are the same, because they're not. The figure I saw was standing in my room watching me sleep. I woke up and just saw her/him there. She/he didn't move at all. This happened to me twice (and I was definitely awake when I saw her/him both times). Both times I just went back to sleep, pulled the covers over my head, and pretended like I didn't see anything. Dx

Your dream I guess is similar to the anime, given someone hated you and wanted you dragged to hell. :0 !! And I haven't lucid dreamt before. I just trained myself to wake myself up when I don't like the dream. Maybe I can't control what I do in the dreams but sometimes I feel like I can; I really don't know. Lol

But do give the anime a go. My only advice is to not binge watch it because it's repetitive, but its repetition is necessitated for the kind of story it is, however. I watch 3-5 episodes of Hell Girl every night and that's satisfying enough for me because I want to thoroughly enjoy it and not rush anything. xD

• Like 1

Dreams don't mean anything. Just your brain messing around with the information you processed. If you're scared thats all the more reason you'd have dreams like them. Me I don't even remember dreaming anything in 99.9% of nights.

On 5/24/2018 at 7:56 PM, Sasazaki Chan said:

Haha, you should still watch the anime. It's one of my favorites and its fanbase is very fun to participate in. The only reason why I had the nightmares in the first place is probably because I love staying up super late and watching it, in which gave me the nightmares because I thought about it right before I fell asleep. :D

Your dreams seem really frightening as well. I've seen some really erie shit in this world. Like the dark figure in your dream, I've seen a dark figure as well. I'm not saying both of ours are the same, because they're not. The figure I saw was standing in my room watching me sleep. I woke up and just saw her/him there. She/he didn't move at all. This happened to me twice (and I was definitely awake when I saw her/him both times). Both times I just went back to sleep, pulled the covers over my head, and pretended like I didn't see anything. Dx

Your dream I guess is similar to the anime, given someone hated you and wanted you dragged to hell. :0 !! And I haven't lucid dreamt before. I just trained myself to wake myself up when I don't like the dream. Maybe I can't control what I do in the dreams but sometimes I feel like I can; I really don't know. Lol

But do give the anime a go. My only advice is to not binge watch it because it's repetitive, but its repetition is necessitated for the kind of story it is, however. I watch 3-5 episodes of Hell Girl every night and that's satisfying enough for me because I want to thoroughly enjoy it and not rush anything. xD

haha maybe i will xD and ah that explains it then, when you watch something late at night it normally still stays in your head. :D 

Yeah it really was very frightening, it's probably the worst dream i ever had because it was so unexpected. :/ I don't mean to be a bit annoying but hat kind of sounds similar to mine, because the dark figure was standing in my room too watching me sleep. It's weird but i felt as though i was awake, like honestly i felt as if someone was actually watching me sleep. The worst part was waking up, and i couldn't turn round because i was so scared to turn and look to see if it was there. I was panicking allot once i woke up i felt like i was losing my mind, it was terrifying i couldn't breathe because i was so scared it was there but thankfully it wasn't. I had a similar experience to yours, because after i saw the dark figure i also went under my covers and pretended it was not there. I don't mean to sound annoying, but that's just how i see it i think we both have had a similar thing really but that's just me. :) 

Yeeeay i'm glad the Anime is similar to my dreams! :D I can't do that unfortunately :( i can't just wake up after a bad dream, worst part is i can't control my dreams at all i wish i could. In the dreams i have, i can't control myself whatsoever Lol 

Maybe i will give Hell Girl a go and see if i like it :) If i really like it, expect a post about it very soon haha! :D I agree with what you just said there, i love taking my time watching any Anime series because it's enjoyable. I never ever just watch a whole series in 1 day and get it over and done with, i love watching a few episodes then going back to it another day it makes me happy! :D