ALDNOAH.ZERO Season 2 - General Discussion

Optic

[FLOAT_RIGHT]aldnoah-zero-season-2.thumb.jpg.344377fe25104cd70ac1da1547e6326e.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]Upcoming sequel to that tense mecha series ALDNOAH.ZERO, airing January 10, 2015.

I really liked ALDNOAH.ZERO for its tense mecha battles and awesome OST, but other than it wasn't overly memorable. I am however really looking forward to this as I want to see what happens after that ridiculous cliffhanger they pulled in the first series.

Anyone else looking forward to this one? :)

[spoiler=Trailer 1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBw_1Hu8Enc

[spoiler=Trailer 2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxeqF_r0CX0

aldnoah-zero-season-2.thumb.jpg.2310d6e4e002c401c3e564016d725a04.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see Inaho back.

[spoiler=Episode 01]

Good action and outstanding animation as usual but...

Just what is Slaine up to? Forming an alliance with Count Saazbaum after he shot Princess Asseylum??

Inaho has the ability to activate Aldnoah Drives too just from him kissing Asseylum before??

Suppose we'll find out more exactly what happened between the events that occurred 19 months ago...

I was not expecting season two to start off so strong :)

[spoiler=Episode 1]Seeing Inaho OP is cool and all, but I really wish we could see him be OP by commanding units as well. @Optic: I don't think we'll actually find out anything more, as they have explained pretty much everything necessary. As for Slaine, I think that he deducted that forming an alliance with the Count would be the best course of action as only those two would know of the princess being injured, and they could revive her better that way. Also, as for the activation, I think there were actually two things, the kiss, and the princess' blood that was on him (which his sister mentioned wasn't Inaho's blood).

This season seriously outdoes the first in every way.

[spoiler=Episode 3]I had actually thought that Slaine was over the whole ordeal, and had accepted the new count. Looks like I was completely fooled. Also, the Inaho and Slaine battles are amazing as usual.

• Agree 1

I really am wondering how Inaho is going to better Slaine due to that ability the Tharsis has. @_@

I think they are evenly matched, so its only a matter of time until Inaho wins.

[spoiler=Episode 4]Was it just me, or did the intro to this make no since? As far as I remember, Nao didn't even enter until this episode, and it didn't end with Inaho injured either. Anyway, besides the return of Nao, which is a huge negative imo due to her just whining at Inaho for doing what he does best, this episode was pretty good. I really hope they bring back princess Asseylum within the next few episodes to stir things up between her and her sister.

[spoiler=Episode 5]I didn't imagine that the count that they had captured would turn into Inaho's ally. Also, I liked how Inaho did it underhanded, as that would have never gone through well any other way. Also, his sister really needs to get killed by Slaine or something, as she just keeps going in this repetition of 'Nao, you shouldn't fight' and her reasoning is kinda flawed since she could have been killed at any time after becoming a soldier, and couldn't protect Inaho if she was dead. Basically, although its too late now, if she could have had more character development other than being an over protective sister, her character could have actually turned out well. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to next week's episode where Slaine beats the crap out of that annoying guy. :)

[spoiler=Episode 6]I really wasn't expecting Slaine to have such difficulty in winning, but it was cool to see him get out of a pinch for once. Also, it looks like there will be some progress in the story with the real Asseylum waking up. Although, I'm starting to like her sister as a character better; I also wonder what will happen at their reunion, and will the real Asseylum get married to Slaine, or will the fake one silence her before that happens, and Slaine will find out and then kill the sister as well. Conisdering the story so far, the latter would make an amazing finish for the story.

[spoiler=Episode 7]Wow, this anime is really turning out better than the first half. Seeing Slaine being the next king and him having full control over the army whereas Inaho is still just a commanding officer not even equivalent to being a Count. Slaine really reminds me of Lelouch and Light in how they use people to achieve what they want.

• 2 weeks later...

I have loved both Season 1 and Season 2. thus far. I am shocked because this is not my usual kind of anime tbh.

That being said, I love Season 2 more because

A. Inaho isn't the sole focus like he was in Season 1...I've always loved Slaine :P

B. Princess Blondie just annoyed the crap out of me so I am glad that there is little to no focus on her presently.

God I am looking forward to how episode 9 goes!

A. Inaho isn't the sole focus like he was in Season 1...I've always loved Slaine :P

I totally agree with you here. The main problem with Inaho was that he was completely emotionless in Season 1. Slaine, on the otherhand is a much more dynamic and better character, imo.

B. Princess Blondie just annoyed the crap out of me so I am glad that there is little to no focus on her presently.

While she didn't annoy me that much, i really hate to see

Slaine choosing her over the purple haired princess, as Blondie could just hook up with Inaho.

I totally agree with you here. The main problem with Inaho was that he was completely emotionless in Season 1. Slaine, on the otherhand is a much more dynamic and better character, imo.

While she didn't annoy me that much, i really hate to see

Slaine choosing her over the purple haired princess, as Blondie could just hook up with Inaho.

But of course if that happened we wouldn't have the angst/drama fueling him to do as he does now :D

Though I wasn't even really aware that [spoiler=Season 2]there was a love triangle even happening and that inaho had feelings for Princess Blondie until season 2

[spoiler=Episode 9]Slaine going against the princess wasn't exactly unpredicted, but I was a bit surprised that the princess faked being her sister to learn the truth. I really wonder how they are going to wrap it up in just three more episodes, but it looks like Inaho is at the end of his rope, so he will be at a disadvantage when having the final showdown with Slaine.

Slaine going against the princess wasn't exactly unpredicted, but I was a bit surprised that the princess faked being her sister to learn the truth. I really wonder how they are going to wrap it up in just three more episodes, but it looks like Inaho is at the end of his rope, so he will be at a disadvantage when having the final showdown with Slaine.

I am loving slaine so much these days :)

But I was so shocked at him and how he

kidnapped both princesses.

I want to know what his end game is.

I am loving slaine so much these days :)

But I was so shocked at him and how he

kidnapped both princesses.

I want to know what his end game is.

Surprisingly, that didn't shock me all that much. I had a feeling something like that would happen when

both princesses confronted Slaine about him lying to them.

[spoiler=Episode 10]Such a great episode! I didn't expect Slaine's landing castle to be invaded so easily though. Also, I thought Slaine would have the advantage in his own landing castle, but he still seems on par with Inaho. I'm really curious on how they plan to end it, but I hope its with a InahoxSeylum pairing.

Such a great episode! I didn't expect Slaine's landing castle to be invaded so easily though. Also, I thought Slaine would have the advantage in his own landing castle, but he still seems on par with Inaho. I'm really curious on how they plan to end it, but I hope its with a InahoxSeylum pairing.

Idk....in one episode, I like the new guy a lot already and I have a feeling there is something there. Idk why but I have a feeling we're getting a season 3.

[spoiler=Episode 11]I was really surprised to see a turnaround this late in the series. I'm really wondering how they are going to wrap all of this up in one episode, especially since they are hinting that Inaho will die.

I was really surprised to see a turnaround this late in the series. I'm really wondering how they are going to wrap all of this up in one episode, especially since they are hinting that Inaho will die.

I seriously doubt Inaho is going to die.If it was a death coming for iNaho, it wouldn't be so heavily hinted at. Personally, while he has grown on me...I feel like Inaho is too perfect and that if he somehow comes out unscathed, it's not fair because he should die as a hero. I do think he is going to push himself beyond repair and lose himself completely to the computer in his eyes. {/spoiler]

But can I just say how I am happy to see Asseylum finally being independent and taking charge for once. I felt like she relied way too much on Inaho in Season 1 and in Season 2, she was side-lined a great deal. So I am glad to see her stepping up now. I hate her less.

But come on Slaine, as much as I like the new guy(and I do love the new guy), I know you can somehow pull this out someway, somehow. WIN SL AINE WIN!

[spoiler=Episode 12]That ending was really unexpected. I was surprised they didn't kill off Slaine, as well as hook Seylum up with some random guy rather than Slaine or Inaho. Strangely, I wasn't disappointed by the ending at all, and the series was very well done.

That ending was really unexpected. I was surprised they didn't kill off Slaine, as well as hook Seylum up with some random guy rather than Slaine or Inaho. Strangely, I wasn't disappointed by the ending at all, and the series was very well done.

I was pretty disappointed.

The whole thing was concluded so fast. She literally tries to escape and then within 2 episodes finally calls a ceasefire? We should have skipped the amnesia storyline and woken her up around episode 6 and introduce cruhteo then.

Not only did we know crutheo all of 2-3 episodes MAX, both he and Asseylum were barely in the finale. We know very little of him as a character nor do we know why she choose him. I don't like Inaho but Inaho would have been the perfect match for her if she wanted to foster an allegiance with earth and vers. A princess and earth's hero.....

I do like cruhteo more than Inaho only because Inaho is boring but still.

Slaine's whole plan just abruptly ended....and then it just became more like the rivalry between inaho vs slaine....the only thing I liked was the fact that Slaine's army didn't back down and I loved that.

All in all...the finale was a 3 out of 10 and the overall season is probably an 8/10

• Geano locked this topic