World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]003.thumb.jpg.0a06eec90f85055ecef6a529e76c92ad.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The story is set in a private high school that brings together "saviors," youths with awakened memories from past lives. Some of them are Shirogane who fight enemies with weapons and techniques gleaned from the Puraana powers from their own bodies. Others are Kuroma who wipe out enemies, with magic to manipulate the Maana powers that surpass physics. A boy named Moroha Haimura enrolls in this school. He is the first person in history with past lives of both Shirogane and Kuroma.
I'm glad that there is some anime this season where the main character will probably just be OP. Usually anime like this suffer greatly from the MC being dull though, but this one looks like the MC won't be some unemotional character, probably.

• 3 weeks later...

This has to be the most surprising anime of the season. I really wasn't expecting much, but its pretty much what Juuou Mujin no Fafnir and Absolute Duo should have been.

[spoiler=Episode 1]So cool to see the MC just beat that guy up :) That battle in his past life was pretty cool as well. Also, I hope he just remains OP while having character development.

• Like 1

With such a glowing review and being disappointed with Absolute Duo I'll definitely have to give this a go. :)

Well then, I hope you like it. :) I kinda wish ufotable was doing this though... then the animation would be amazing :)

Hmm... this series is OK so far. I'm really hoping we learn more about their past lives and see the Strikers fighting to their full potential. That flashback on the first episode was great.

Also Satsuki's voice is really bothering me. Way too hyper. The fan service I find it a little overwhelming. It tries to tell a serious story but the fan service is oddly placed. Moroha getting buried in Shizuno's chest, really? >_<

Overall I'm finding the character designs and animation a little average too which is bizarre, isn't this animated by Diomedea, the same studio as Kantai Collection? I found the animations in Kantai more vivid...

Hmm... this series is OK so far. I'm really hoping we learn more about their past lives and see the Strikers fighting to their full potential. That flashback on the first episode was great.

Sadly, that flashback might have been one of the best parts of this anime so far. I probably shouldn't have overrated this title like I did, but really, there isn't too much better this season, imo.

Also Satsuki's voice is really bothering me. Way too hyper. The fan service I find it a little overwhelming. It tries to tell a serious story but the fan service is oddly placed. Moroha getting buried in Shizuno's chest, really? _

After dealing with Komari's voice from Little Busters, I can take anything. xD Also, I never saw this as a serious story though, but I will agree with you that the fan service is oddly placed.

Overall I'm finding the character designs and animation a little average too which is bizarre, isn't this animated by Diomedea, the same studio as Kantai Collection? I found the animations in Kantai more vivid...

I didn't noticed this before. I guess Kantai just got a larger budget then. Being a game adaption, you would have thought it would have been the other way around.

[spoiler=Episode 3]Personally, I think its getting a lot better. The introduction of the British dude certainly helped the variety of characters. Also, it appears my assumptions about rank was right, it just took an episode for it to happen. So far though, Moroha and Shizuno are easily my favorite characters. Also, even though its on a stricter budget than Kantai, I'm starting to like this more.

I feel like the animation and characters have really picked up since the start of the season. Specifically Urushibara and Moroha. [spoiler=Episode 4]That fight with the British dude was pretty cool, and I'm glad that Moroha won. I have a feeling he is going to remember some epic white knight skill in the coming episodes as well. Also, I'm glad that they are focusing on Moroha x Urushibara as she is easily the best girl.

• Like 1

[spoiler=Episode 5]Unfortunately, it was a pretty bad episode this week, but the ending was alright. I wanted to see more of the Six Heads' conference, and not just references to it being held though.

[spoiler=Episode 6]Honestly, if the animation and art were better, this would actually be a good show. Sadly, thats not the case, and its just starting to fall apart. I guess I'll keep watching until it becomes awful, which might happen, but at least the next episode looks promising based on the preview.

[spoiler=Episode 7]Overall, not a bad episode, just not great. It seems like Moraha and the one girl will fight it out in the next battle. Obviously since this will only be episode 8, Moraha will win, and most likely the new girl will break ties with Russia and add onto Moraha's growing harem.

[spoiler=Episode 8]I found it funny that when the real bad guy stepped out, Moraha took him out within 30 seconds as if he didn't even matter. :P Also, while the new girl is actually a decent character, I still like Urushibara the best.

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 10]Kinda a lame final showdown, but really, I don't even have expectations of this show anymore. Hopefully it will just end with something better than an open ended harem.

• Geano locked this topic