Hey there.

Revvie

Hey Revvie, thanks for joining :)

Between Carnival Phantasm, Monogatari Series: Second Season, or Mushishi, which one do you like the best?

I may have asked this before, but favorite Touhou character?

What didn't you like about Black Bullet?

They all deserved my perfect scores, but if I had to pick out of the three, I'll have to go with Mushishi. It's animation may not be the best, but it's simply a work of art. It takes human nature very seriously (greed, fear of death, and the like), but still manages to stay soothing. It has heavy amounts of symbolism, but you don't need to understand any of them to actually enjoy the story. Most of all, Ginko is probably one of the best protagonists I've ever seen.

My favorite Touhou character is and will always be Hinanawi Tenshi. I rarely use her as my avatar, though.

Black bullet, in my opinion, was horrible. Bland and cliche characters, bad pacing, and lackluster ending is just few of the many things I found wrong with it. I actually wanted to write a full review of Black Bullet, but never got round to it.. the review system is broken on anilist 2.0 anyway. Of course, this is all my opinion, and anime is subjective to say the least. Feel free to disagree on any of the points I've stated.

They all deserved my perfect scores, but if I had to pick out of the three, I'll have to go with Mushishi. It's animation may not be the best, but it's simply a work of art. It takes human nature very seriously (greed, fear of death, and the like), but still manages to stay soothing. It has heavy amounts of symbolism, but you don't need to understand any of them to actually enjoy the story. Most of all, Ginko is probably one of the best protagonists I've ever seen.

You're making me want to watch Mushishi now. I guess I'll watch it after I finish Love Live.

My favorite Touhou character is and will always be Hinanawi Tenshi. I rarely use her as my avatar, though.

Good choice ;) In case you want to know mine, just look at my signature.

Black bullet, in my opinion, was horrible. Bland and cliche characters, bad pacing, and lackluster ending is just few of the many things I found wrong with it. I actually wanted to write a full review of Black Bullet, but never got round to it.. the review system is broken on anilist 2.0 anyway. Of course, this is all my opinion, and anime is subjective to say the least. Feel free to disagree on any of the points I've stated.

While I don't think its horrible, I have a feeling that if I didn't watch it while airing, I might feel otherwise. The characters definitely didn't get enough development, the MC was somehow OP even though there were supposed to be people stronger than him, and to be honest, I don't even remember how it ended :P I wouldn't actually recommend anything on my list below an 80 though, so I guess giving it a 75 isn't as good as it sounds. Maybe I need to be more strict on my ratings :?.

EDIT: Well, since you got me interested, and I was planning to do so anyway, I revamped all my ratings, so they fit better with how I think about each anime. In case you are interested, Black Bullet ended up getting a 57.

Hello @Revvie, welcome to Anime Forums, do let me know if you have any feedback and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Been watching anime since I was a kid and will probably continue to do so for quite a while.

Cheers, to many more anime years to come. :)

Hello @Revvie, welcome to Anime Forums, do let me know if you have any feedback and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks <3 I will.

While I don't think its horrible, I have a feeling that if I didn't watch it while airing, I might feel otherwise. The characters definitely didn't get enough development, the MC was somehow OP even though there were supposed to be people stronger than him, and to be honest, I don't even remember how it ended :P I wouldn't actually recommend anything on my list below an 80 though, so I guess giving it a 75 isn't as good as it sounds. Maybe I need to be more strict on my ratings :?.

It's definitely not the worst of the season, but still very disappointing nonetheless. Maybe the reason I dislike it so much is that I had high hopes for the show, and the premise intrigued me -- and the show failed to satisfy me one bit.

EDIT: Well, since you got me interested, and I was planning to do so anyway, I revamped all my ratings, so they fit better with how I think about each anime. In case you are interested, Black Bullet ended up getting a 57.

Haha, I did something similar a couple months ago. Glad to know you're rating with a better spread now.