Will Takari finally be addressed in Digimon Tri?

moenia12

Obviously you can tell right away what I think about Takeru and Hikari. Now honestly do you think it will finally be addressed and dealt with. The creators and voice cast must know that this issue has become a pretty passionate topic among us fans. and it must finally be resolved. I wonder what is the opinion of others regarding this issue.

Yeah. Takeru x Hikari are cute, but just too darn cliche for my liking, despite semi-liking it. Then again, I always had an issue with the rapid Takeru x Hikari shippers than the actual concept of the ship itself. I HATED the fact people bashed Daisuke just for the sake of the ship and the dub didn't help the character any either with that immature fool Nimoy being writer for it, changing stuff up to demonize him. Ugh...such a dark time.

Anyway, with my headcanon for Takeru and Hikari, I felt maybe they did date at some point and just broke up. It's a realistic approach...and to be honest, I always felt that the two would've bored each other given their personality types. They're very alike, imo.

So yeah, I'm with Koumi on this. I hope they don't force that stuff into the series if it wasn't originally intended to be. Of course the hypocritical side of me wouldn't have a problem if they did that with Koushirou x Mimi. lol Seriously, the ONLY pair to get a drama made just because fans requested it! That had to mean something.

Yeah. Takeru x Hikari are cute, but just too darn cliche for my liking, despite semi-liking it. Then again, I always had an issue with the rapid Takeru x Hikari shippers than the actual concept of the ship itself. I HATED the fact people bashed Daisuke just for the sake of the ship and the dub didn't help the character any either with that immature fool Nimoy being writer for it, changing stuff up to demonize him. Ugh...such a dark time.

Anyway, with my headcanon for Takeru and Hikari, I felt maybe they did date at some point and just broke up. It's a realistic approach...and to be honest, I always felt that the two would've bored each other given their personality types. They're very alike, imo.

So yeah, I'm with Koumi on this. I hope they don't force that stuff into the series if it wasn't originally intended to be. Of course the hypocritical side of me wouldn't have a problem if they did that with Koushirou x Mimi. lol Seriously, the ONLY pair to get a drama made just because fans requested it! That had to mean something.

Nimoy, in my opinion, should had consulted the original Japanese writers first; instead, he received so much criticism for Daisuke's American portrayal, and rightfully so.

As for Takeru and Hikari, their respective older brothers might have the final say in this, especially when Hikari grew up in a non-broken family while Takeru did. As for their supposed similarities, it might be the fact both Takeru and Hikari possess the two most powerful crests in Adventure, to the point both of them together might isolate them into huge targets by, say, Seven Super Demon Lords or Gran Dracmon.

The only difference between Takari and Koumi is that even the original Japanese writing staff caught on early about Koumi, courtesy of Adventure episode 10; in contrast, Takari is practically a late add toy ship. Yes, while fans and shippers see of both Takari and Koumi as fire-forged, Koumi's fire-forged ship began early, while Takari started much later. Koushirou and Mimi need each other to survive (again, episode 10) while Takari's respective crests are overpowered at the level of Rugal Bernstein in King of Fighters.

1. To my knowledge, I'd heard that Nimoy in general just didn't like the character, hence the poor characterization of him until the later episodes where he wasn't the writer or eps where he wasn't credited with writing it. I'm not sure how true that is, though, because I stopped watching the dub long before that point because I just hated how out of character everyone felt whenever around him. I just heard from fans that the character was better by the later part of 02 and that the BelialVamdemon stuff wasn't screwed up or anything as far as he was concerned.

2. I don't think Taichi would have a problem with Hikari dating Takeru, honestly since they're already friends. He knows he's a good kid and all that. I could, personally, see Taichi having a problem with accepting that his sister is even old enough to have a boyfriend in a general sense...but that's just me.

3. In all honesty, that's not it for me, but I can't really explain it either. I wasn't going by crest traits...just their personalities in a general sense and their interactions in 02. I guess I would've enjoyed the twos' interactions more if there was something more casual about aside from them being one of the Chosen Children. I don't think we ever saw them talking casually about stuff not related to their Adventure.

4. At least with Daisuke, we know that he and Hikari were already friends prior to 02 and had had the same classes up to that point. No Digimon stuff, which means they would've hung together casually or acted more casually. Daisuke also knew Taichi through the Soccer Club (Sora seemed to know him too, as she was the first girl in the soccer club).

5. Sorry, I just can't explain it...subconsciously, maybe it has always been about their crest traits.Yeah. It's interesting how people were gushing over Takeru x Hikari back in Adventure. In all honesty, I never once thought about it and really didn't until 02 rolled around and I guess it was due to the fact that they were a couple of eight-year-old kids.

6. With Koumi, seems they were maybe planning on doing something for them in the future because of, like you said, ep 10.Yeah, it was early. There are a few other moments in Adventure that come to mind too that gave me this impression. This is also why I kinda sorta hope they do something with those two...but I'm happy even if it's not romantic. I just want them to interact.

1. Yeah, I just find it lame that a personal bias would actually ruin Daisuke in the USA, even though he has proven time and again how and why Taichi handpicked him to lead the 02 quartet.

2. Taichi himself has seen how Takeru grew in front of him, to the point he could give his personal approval.

3. Same here; even then, I still remember when Revenge of Diaboromon flat-out showed a picture of Takeru and Hikari, holding hands, which Kuramon/Diaboromon personally leaked.

4. Daisuke has shown time and again he's more than just a Taichi clone, to the point he's practically a family friend for the Yagamis.

5. Yeah, toy ship.

6. I even read the novelization of the original series actually involved some of the original Japanese writers. Milk up Koumi, to the point of canon status.

3. Yep.I don't remember that at all. I remember that photo that Mimi took of them for movie 3 that they sent back to Daisuke and the others, but they weren't holding hands and in movie 4, they took a photo together but Takeru was holding Patamon and Hikari was holding Tailmon. The only photo I can think of where the characters were couple like, was the one of Sora and Yamato on a date and she was holding his arm and Miyako was complaining over its being an invasion of privacy, or something along the lines of that.Yeah!

4. Definitely! I HATED it when people would accuse him of being a Taichi clone. I was like, the only things they have in common is that they both like soccer (which isn't surprising given that many boys in Japan like soccer) and that they had goggles (because Daisuke looked up to Taichi and seeing him go back to fight the dark masters that time really raised his respect for him).

5. You know, tbh, this is my first time ever hearing this term. lol

6. You've managed to read it in its entirety? I wish I could. Where did you read it? I can't recall where I left off on it years ago, as I can't read the physical copy and have to rely on a translation.

One of my favorite moments from the novelization that truly shows Mimi the way I always perceived her character, was at the very beginning when she and her friends arrived at camp and they noticed Koushirou with his laptop. Her friends laughed, Mimi didn't. I LOVED that. I also like the fact that, unlike the dub, there was more to Mimi than clothes and looks and popularity. I HATED how Mimi was portrayed in the dub.

So what other things were in the novel that you would deem hint-worthy for the pair?

3. I just rewatched Revenge of Diaboromon just to double-check, and wow, I got proven wrong there.

4. Yup.

5. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ToyShip

6. The only one that stands out to me the most is the time in the novelization Koushirou was calling out Mimi's name, while asleep.

3. I just rewatched Revenge of Diaboromon just to double-check, and wow, I got proven wrong there.
Wow, imagine if the rabid fans who hadn't seen the film heard that rumor. "TK and Kari held hands and took a photo." lol But that aside, I was wondering if I just remembered the film wrong.
6. The only one that stands out to me the most is the time in the novelization Koushirou was calling out Mimi's name, while asleep.
Oh what I picked was just a personality thing and a character trait I liked about her in the novel. I also liked the fact that she was the one coming up with the alien theories as opposed to Koushirou. I'm trying to recall if she did this in the original version of the show too.

That aside, I think I have heard that someplace before, but I thought it was from one of the manga adaptations, but I could be easily wrong. Why did he say her name? What was going on for him to? Like was there any context leading up to him saying her name in his sleep?

So you did read the novelization fully? Where did you read it?

1. Wow, imagine if the rabid fans who hadn't seen the film heard that rumor. "TK and Kari held hands and took a photo." lol But that aside, I was wondering if I just remembered the film wrong.

2. Oh what I picked was just a personality thing and a character trait I liked about her in the novel. I also liked the fact that she was the one coming up with the alien theories as opposed to Koushirou. I'm trying to recall if she did this in the original version of the show too.

That aside, I think I have heard that someplace before, but I thought it was from one of the manga adaptations, but I could be easily wrong. Why did he say her name? What was going on for him to? Like was there any context leading up to him saying her name in his sleep?

So you did read the novelization fully? Where did you read it?

1. Takari fans would flip out if it turned out to be true.

2. Gosh, I have forgotten the reason why; IIRC, she didn't bring up alien theories in the original show.

I guess the original writers have used episode 10 as basis to build Koushirou and MImi into a canon couple, with the novelizations being expanded adaptations. I can confirm to you it exists.

I've forgotten most of the details, to the point I'm re-reading the translations on onkei's site.

2. Gosh, I have forgotten the reason why; IIRC, she didn't bring up alien theories in the original show.
For the dub, Izzy did. Don't recall if alien theories were brought up at all for it originally. I know what I'll be rewatching. Ep 1 of Adventure. lol
I guess the original writers have used episode 10 as basis to build Koushirou and MImi into a canon couple, with the novelizations being expanded adaptations. I can confirm to you it exists.
I think that the adaptation I was thinking of was a Korean comic adaptation, but I could be wrong.
I've forgotten most of the details, to the point I'm re-reading the translations on onkei's site.
She finished it?

One thing that made me a little disappointed was that the events of ep 10 wasn't featured in the novel nor was the stuff with Jou and Sora, iirc. Those were all pretty interesting.

@ssjup81

Yeah, it's been almost 20 years since I last kept up with Digimon, to the point I even suggested to the Tekken director, Katsuhiro Harada, to add a Digimon character as a guest char for Tekken 7, via Twitter.

Back on topic, given the Holy-element affiliation both Takeru and Hikari have, I see too many similarities at a platonic level.

I tried writing a fic based around that...how it's expected of them to become a couple.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6283813/1/The-Destined-Couple-of-Perfection

The first time I put this up rabid Takeru x Hikari fans flamed it and lied when reporting it and had it taken down. That was maybe 2002 or 2003. I put it back up a couple of years ago...though...

Another thing about Takari:

--There's nothing romantic, as far as we know

--They're each other's respective distaff counterparts

--Two most powerful crests in all of Adventure

Yeah, there really wasn't anything romantic with the two, unless it was in Daisuke's head. Their actual interactions felt very friend-like. Of course, that doesn't mean anything, right? Still could've been cute together maybe.

I did like the pairing because I thought it would be cute, but still felt that having the pairing dramatic and angsty would be more interesting because of their personality types, especially after finding out that Takeru does have a dark side. After rewatching some of 02 a few months back, I'm even more convinced that the two would make a boring pair without some outside interference affecting it in some way.

• 3 weeks later...

Another thing Takari fans fail to realize is Takeru's emotional maturity. Dude still has PTSD since 1999, to the point that overrides any romantic potential between him and Hikari.

• 2 weeks later...
Another thing Takari fans fail to realize is Takeru's emotional maturity. Dude still has PTSD since 1999, to the point that overrides any romantic potential between him and Hikari.
Maybe so, but I wouldn't fully hold it against him. I'm sure he eventually gets over it. In ep 49 of 02, he said he won't give into the darkness anymore. I feel that's meant to be interpreted as his healing point or working towards it.

Overall, Takeru is still a really nice guy...but does seem to be a bit complex. I wonder how he'll be portrayed in the upcoming series. I'm really curious.

• 10 months later...

I've seen that screen before, but never the text under it. Welp, for me, this is going to be annoying if they are trying to do something officially with those two. It's not the ship that bugs me....only the, "Takeru and Hikari are the most perfect couple in the universe" fans that bug the heck out of me.

Seiyuu can say what they like, it's not their decision, granted this could be hinting at dialogue they've recorded for one of the later movies, but could just be seiyuu opinion!

Although probably won't happen, perhaps Takeru's "advances" will cause Hikari to remember Daisuke and the others of the 02 quartet; I get the feeling that there was someone else hounding me at one time...?

@senshikoi

If sticking with the dramas, she would've already rejected Daisuke at this point, but I get what you mean.

Either way, I just really really hope the 02 group gets addressed. I miss Miyako's "Bingo" and "arigabingo".

The 02 cast really got shown the door in Tri. Hopefully, their battle with Alphamon was just a flash-forward to the future and not the past. That way, the original Digidestined can come and save them just in time. As for Takari, I don't think it'll ever be addressed, but I'm a big believer in "Anything Could Happen" so fans of Takari: fingers crossed!

If it's a flash forward, then that's even worse. They're missing but their friends ignore it? That'll make me legit hate the 01 kids and it's super super rare that I hate or dislike a fictional character.

@senshikoi

If sticking with the dramas, she would've already rejected Daisuke at this point, but I get what you mean.

Either way, I just really really hope the 02 group gets addressed. I miss Miyako's "Bingo" and "arigabingo".

Did he accept defeat gracefully? Wow, I can't remember "arigabingo", perhaps it's time for me to re-watch Adventure and 02, although was planning on re-watching Xros Wars first!

If it's a flash forward, then that's even worse. They're missing but their friends ignore it? That'll make me legit hate the 01 kids and it's super super rare that I hate or dislike a fictional character.

Hehehe, thought you'd say that :D!

• 5 months later...

Although I wish Takari becomes canon, I haven't many expectations about this. I should mention that interview wasn't with seiyuus of Takeru and Hikari, but with the director of Tri (Keitaro Motonaga).

Another thing, I read on this topic the rumor that Jeff Nimoy hates Daisuke and he made Daisuke dumbest in the dub because of this, but I must say that this is a fake rumor. Jeff Nimoy said in an interview that Davis is one his favorite characters:

CMcF: So what was it like for you to be able to return to the Digimon universe, and specifically, to these characters? I'm sure that most viewers of the movie felt the bite of the nostalgia bug to see - and perhaps even more specifically for viewers who had already seen the original Japanese version, HEAR - Davis and co. in a new adventure, but how was it for you? I don't imagine you ever felt you'd be working with these characters again.

JN: No, I thought my Digimon days were over for sure. It was great writing for the characters again, especially Davis, Izzy, and Joe, who are some of my favorites. Other characters didn't really have much to say or do in this movie, so I couldn't do much with them. But mostly, I was happy to see the actors one more time. Paul St. Peter, Michael Reisz, Mona Marshall, etc. People I hadn't had the chance to work with or see for quite some time. Directing Mona playing Izzy is an absolute pleasure. She defined the character so well, it was so easy to write the dialogue. Same with all the other actors, like Philece Sampler, Michael Lindsay, Lara Jill Miller, etc. I've directed a lot of these actors in other projects since, but it was special to hear them recording these roles again. Every time an actor came in, we would just shake our heads and say, "Can you believe it, we're doing Digimon again?" None of us thought we'd ever be doing it again, I'm sure. There was a lot of laughing, a lot of memories, and a lot of story telling during these recording sessions, and we all had a great time. We had a lot of old Saban/Fox Kids people working on the show again too, which was nice. And even our Network Exec at Disney was an old Fox Kids person, Dan Evans, and he allowed us to set the tone for the feel good attitude we all enjoyed. I wish he was the Network Exec when the show was first on the air, it might still be going. The original Digimon was a stressful work atmosphere after Rita left, but this movie couldn't have been more enjoyable, thanks to Rita, Dan, my buddy and hero Executive Producer Jamie Simone, and everyone at Studiopolis.

http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/cast_crew/nimoy2.htm

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic