Will Takari finally be addressed in Digimon Tri?

moenia12

@Kon, whether or not Nimoy did or didn't like the character doesn't matter much at this point, but up until the later eps, apparently, "Davis" was written poorly, and seems the episodes that Nimoy wasn't a writer of "Davis" was portrayed better. Edited by Guest

As your copy and paste didn't reference that it was regarding Revenge of Diaboromon, it was slightly confusing, especially as it seemed to suggest Davis having a part in -tri-, which I guess is possible, after all, it seems American dubs don't like silence!

That said, the mention of Disney should have given it away, as they are no longer in charge of Digimon, well except on the titles they produced, I guess, hence why the Disney era of Digimon isn't on Netflix!

• 1 month later...
As your copy and paste didn't reference that it was regarding Revenge of Diaboromon, it was slightly confusing, especially as it seemed to suggest Davis having a part in -tri-, which I guess is possible, after all, it seems American dubs don't like silence!

That said, the mention of Disney should have given it away, as they are no longer in charge of Digimon, well except on the titles they produced, I guess, hence why the Disney era of Digimon isn't on Netflix!

I'm really sorry for the confusion.

What I wrote was old news (when Jeff Nimoy told about his work for Digimon The Movie). I put this because I've always heard that Jeff Nimoy hates Daisuke (and that is the reason for his "change of personality in dub"), but this doesn'tt seem to be true, since Daisuke is one of his favorite characters.

From what I have understood, Jeff Nimoy is not involved in Tri's dub.

Edited by Guest

No problem, when I clicked on the link, I managed to figure out it was regarding the old movies!

I thought he was, wasn't he the one that "announced" the dub version?

Or are you saying he's involved, but only as a voice actor, and not as a writer this time?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I personally think it should happen. They get along easily in Tri. I would also like to point out in the Epilogue of 02, that Kari's son has a bit of resemblance to TK, as shown in the picture. Also their crests are different and connected, therefore giving us a vague reason to believe in a connection between the two. Anyway, there are many holes and reasons to this ship. I think they're going to leave it up to interpretation, because they want to keep the fans, SOMEWHAT content with the series.

digimon_adventure___the_next_chosen___w_i_p__by_deco_kun-d5y3jz7.png.5ca3fb9c600c1710a32a1d9ad80b230d.png

• Geano locked this topic