Skyrim

Guest Jupiter

Guest Jupiter

Anyone ever play Skyrim? One of the best games I've ever played. Skyrim is currently the best in the Elder Scrolls series. I got it when it was released in 2011. I still play it. Also its the main reason I'll never get rid of my PS3.

If you like games where you can choose 5-6 different races and customize just about anything, than Skyrim is just for you. Pretty much like WoW or Guild Wars 2.

I chose a Nord and made him a spell sword. Recently added some new mods to my PS3 save file.

Anyways. Anyone play this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4S-SCWfyM

I love Skyrim and Oblivion and bought them across three different platforms.

I love being able to adventure freely and I love putting Skyrim on Legendary with the HUD and Crosshair turned off while I run around hunting with my bow it's freaking awesome (try it , you might like it too).

I usually play as an Argonian so that I don't drown , I think that's the best passive of all the races and saves a whole lot of time and effort (and lives) for when you do missions that require swimming , also they look badass.

I always love being a thief and an assassin because sneaking around and getting bonus sneak damage is awesome , and I also love alchemy because its fun to make potions and see the different effects that they have . In short I play as a Hunter Gatherer.

Absolutely love Skyrim, one of my top 5 favorite games probably. I usually go with a somewhat stealth oriented setup every time and almost always max out sneaking for that last OP skill that lets you teleport behind people and backstab them mid combat.

Anyone ever play Skyrim? One of the best games I've ever played. Skyrim is currently the best in the Elder Scrolls series. I got it when it was released in 2011. I still play it. Also its the main reason I'll never get rid of my PS3.

If you like games where you can choose 5-6 different races and customize just about anything, than Skyrim is just for you. Pretty much like WoW or Guild Wars 2.

I chose a Nord and made him a spell sword. Recently added some new mods to my PS3 save file.

]

Wait what? How?!

Guest Jupiter

Wait what? How?!

You can transfer your PS3 save to a USB flash drive and than edit the file on your computer using a Save Editor of your choice. It allows you to home bake console commands and insert code to unlock things in your save. This is called Hex Editing. Every game save is full of hex decimal code. Everything is stored in your save file.

Therefore, once you open it up, you can manipulate it and add or take away if you know what you're doing, if not...you're going to glitch your game really bad and run into some major issues. You can find code and add it to your save editor and than use them on your file. There's several that you can get. Hyperkin released some software that they recently produced and have had out using since 2012 for the PS3 console.

For the record, Hex Editing is nothing like what a Game Shark did, so there isn't anything like infinite. It has to already exist in your save file for you to force unlock it.

Like if you're wanting 4k health, stamina, and magicka or a certain amount of perk points. You can find that code in your save file. So if you have one perk point for instance, you can change that number to what ever number you want. Some times the number can glitch your save though because there is a scripted amount that you can only have.

Once you're done adding a string of code to your save file to unlock what you want. You can recopy what is on the USB drive and over write the save file that is on your PS3 that you previously copied. Its best to keep a back up on another USB because it doesn't always work when you're trying something new.

I would recommend using Hyperkin's Game Genie. It is only exclusive to Amazon and yes, you will need their USB drive because it activates the program and uses a serial number to allow you to use the program. No, they don't charge a monthly fee or anything like that, its free 2 use once you buy it and it will only cost you around 30 bucks for the program. Than you're free to use it however you want. There are monthly updates. There's also another program called Xploder, but its not as good as Hyperkin's save editor.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Game-Genie-Editor-PlayStation-3/dp/B008J16AGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428634579&sr=8-1&keywords=PS3+save+editor

There's the link and yes, you'll have to go off their website and copy and paste the mods for Skyrim. It'll make your character a god among Nords.

Oh yeah! I love the Elder Scrolls series! I started with Morrowind, and then moved on to Skyrim!

My race is Nord, my specialty is two-handed swords! I don't exactly know what class you'd call that, but Berserker maybe?

I'm totally looking forward to the next game! I'm hoping it gets announced at E3 this year!

Meanwhile I just use mine for profit xD

Although I will say the chick at the orphanage has some nerve to not accept my position of being Listener for the Dark Brotherhood as a suitable job to support my adopted children with. It's a legitimate business!

I didn't use them much when I first started the Elder Scrolls series , because I loved being a mage but the more I involved I got with the game the more I wanted to play the game "realistically" and so my current play style is sneaking around and getting long shots with my bow and using as little magic as possible (I try use only minor spells , mainly illusion so that I can see in dark caves and sometimes the odd alteration spell when I'm out of lockpicks ) and then if I must go into close combat I try sneak up on people and use my dagger on them (shinobi style).

I sorta do the same with magic, almost never use damaging spells. I mostly stick to illusion, alteration, and conjuration. Love playing as an assassin who uses dark magic and poison to kill off enemies with little to no effort.

Speaking of conjuration, I love the ritual stone power, possibly my favorite one since it lets you revive everything asides from dragons lol. Nothing like walking into a bandit camp with an army of giants and mammoths.

I sorta do the same with magic, almost never use damaging spells. I mostly stick to illusion, alteration, and conjuration. Love playing as an assassin who uses dark magic and poison to kill off enemies with little to no effort.

I love alchemy making potions is one of my favorite pass times in the game , when I hunt I go and gather ingredients and store as many as I can in a chest in my house and every so often I grab everything and sit for hours (IRL) making potions.

I might have some problems . . .

Speaking of conjuration, I love the ritual stone power, possibly my favorite one since it lets you revive everything asides from dragons lol. Nothing like walking into a bandit camp with an army of giants and mammoths.

LOL true , in my case I only use spells to let me see (like starlight/candlelight or whatever its called . . . I can't remember. . .) and occasionally spells to unlock things (open easy lock or what-have-you).

When I was a mage I loved summoning thralls to do my work while I went invisible and emptied my enemies of all their loot , or I would make them attack each other (that was hilarious).

Guest Jupiter

Love using the bow. I have a daedric bow that I use quite frequently. Never cared much for Dawnguard's cross bows. With smithing and enchanting, combined with the augmented perks from destruction magic. You can smith some really powerful weapons, more powerful than the weapons you get from Daedric Quests. I always like to fortify smithing to increase my armor rate. I'm actually glad they released the 1.9 update because before you could not go past level 81. But since than I have half the skill tree's filled in with perks at level 160 after you legendary the skills to re level.

I like un-enchanted weapons , I prefer using poisons but I do use an enchanted bow when hunting Dragons , and I always work my Archery , Sneak , Speech craft , Pick pocket and Alchemy as high as possible.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I play it from time to time. I feel like it takes up a lot of time though that I could be playing other games.

yeah

just when you have some free time and you think that you would play it for an hour or hour and a half, you will get hooked all day long:?

Firstly, if you havnt heard of Skyrim or The Elder Scrolls, you live under a digital rock (this applies to gamers because there are those less awesome people out there who wouldn't know :P).

Skyrim and its series in its entirety is one of the best RPGs out there I.M.O and I have noticed how it is influencing newer games years after its release. Take Far Cry 4 for example. Same game, to the point where the beginning is exactly the same, just different mechanics. But the thing i love about the game most is that it never gets boring. I played it on all platforms (and begged Bethesda to make a Definitive edition for PS4 [which they ignored]) but i must say it is best on PC due to the mods. I mean i have spent the last few weeks running around as Ichigo's Hollow form from Bleach with a Lightsaber in one hand and a Dubstep Cannon in the other.

My mate recently (about three months ago) borrowed me Oblivion. Yet to play it, probably wont but it is second to none as a predecessor to V.

The online game was a massive let down so stay away from it.