Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and Birthright

Ryuji

Which version of Fire Emblem Fates are you buying?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Fire Emblem Fates are you buying?

• Conquest (Nohr)
    • Birthright (Hoshida)
    • Both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNQcJq_wnhk

6ydwyc.jpg.9ecd439b55c45f9c0010a65f71815ba9.jpg

MgkaK02.jpg.45ccb10f69a6bd0fb96afc832d511819.jpg

In the April 2015 Nintendo Direct it was revealed that the game will revolve around two kingdoms about to enter a great war with each other: the peace-loving country of Hoshido and the glory-seeking country of Nohr. The player will have to choose a country to represent, changing the story overall and will affect the difficulty, which is predetermined by the version of the game bought. There are two versions of the game, each one following a specific story line. Byakuya Okoku follows the Hoshido storyline which is designed to be friendly for all players, returning or new. Anya Okoku follows the Nohr storyline which is designed to be much more challenging. There will be a digital copy of the game which allows the player to determine which version they wish to experience. At the end of Chapter 6, the player will have to choose their faction, permanently locking their digital copy into that storyline for all files on the game there and after. DLC will be available for all versions of if in which the storyline not chosen will be playable on that copy of the game. A third storyline option will be released as DLC sometime after release which revolves around the player choosing neither side. Later a version of the game containing all three paths will be available, but not upon launch.

The Pair Up and Dual System functions from Awakening return, however enemies now can use the Dual System as well.

The game will have Voice Acting just like in Awakening as well.

Each version of the game will change the format of overall gameplay outside of the storyline.

The Hoshido version of the game will have a traversable map similar to Awakening, Sacred Stones, and Gaiden, allowing the player to level up characters outside of the storyline chapters.

The Nohr version will be more structured, having no external battles outside of the storyline chapters much like most previous Fire Emblem titles.

Skills make a return in the game. However, a unit can now equip up six skills compared to 5 in Awakening

Monsters similar to the Risen will make an appearance. One of which is called Nosferatu (ノスフェラトゥ)

Fire Emblem If looks amazing! I'm totally excited about it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited about it as well. :) I'm planning on getting black as I hear the story is much more complex and that it will be much harder than white. Also, in the trailer, the girl on the black side calls the MC 'Onii-chan', thats actually the main reason why I'm getting black. ;) But I'll probably get the special edition that includes all three paths if its released at the same time, and then just play the black side first.

• Like 1

I'm really excited about it as well. :) I'm planning on getting black as I hear the story is much more complex and that it will be much harder than white. Also, in the trailer, the girl on the black side calls the MC 'Onii-chan', thats actually the main reason why I'm getting black. ;) But I'll probably get the special edition that includes all three paths if its released at the same time, and then just play the black side first.

I'm getting both. The girl on the Nohr side that said Onii-chan is my favorite character :P I love her.

From what I've read, the Nohr side has missions that have some limits on the number of turns you have to accomplish the goals. I can't wait. Too bad it's not supposed to be released until 2016 for areas outside of Japan. It's going to be awesome :D

I'll either get White Kingdom and get the other two paths as DLC, or hope the special edition version comes to the west which will include all the routes in one cartridge.

I'm really excited for this, I'm really digging the feet on the battlers.

• Like 1

I'm really excited for this, I'm really digging the feet on the battlers.

I know right! I was so excited when I saw they had feet!

I haven't been this excited about a video game since Pokemon X and Y came out in 2013.

• Like 1

I call any manakete that appears in this game, even if she isn't playable.

I love manaketes <3 They are the best. I need the marriage system to return and I need a manakete I can marry <3 since i can't marry my fave character because apparently she's my little sister :P

• Agree 1

I love manaketes <3 They are the best. I need the marriage system to return and I need a manakete I can marry <3 since i can't marry my fave character because apparently she's my little sister :P

Well she's your adoptive sister, so technically it's not wrong. It happened a lot in the old days actually.

Well she's your adoptive sister, so technically it's not wrong. It happened a lot in the old days actually.

That depends what game you are playing... I forgot which one is the Kingdom that raises the player and the one that you were born in. I think the player was born in Black and was raised in White?

That depends what game you are playing... I forgot which one is the Kingdom that raises the player and the one that you were born in. I think the player was born in Black and was raised in White?

Other way around actually. Your biological sister is Shrine Maiden girl.

You are born in Hoshida (White) and raised in Nohr (Black) like EmperorQinmon said.

Hmmm....if that's the case..........MARRYING ADOPTED SISTER IF ABLE <3

You are born in Hoshida (White) and raised in Nohr (Black) like EmperorQinmon said.

Hmmm....if that's the case..........MARRYING ADOPTED SISTER IF ABLE <3

Just don't be so creepy about it, :P

• Like 1

Just don't be so creepy about it, :P

Creepy is my middle name :P

I just fell in love with that girl the moment she said "Onii-chan" So wonderful!

• Like 1

Creepy is my middle name :P

I just fell in love with that girl the moment she said "Onii-chan" So wonderful!

*eyes widen* *takes a small step away* *takes another step away* *runs away*

Nahbutreally, at this point in time I think I'll go with Kazahana.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• All royalty characters, including the Avatar, has the ability known as Dragon's Vein, which allows them to alter the terrain at certain locations on a map.
  • The game will have Amiibo compatibility, though details about it are currently unknown.
  • Weapon Durability has been abolished, allowing units to keep using the same weapon.
  • A new mode called "Phoenix Mode" will be added; just as casual mode, it's meant for those that are not yet ready for the challenges of the Nohr campaign, allowing fallen units to return on the following turn.

The Dragon Vein seems kinda cool. I HATE THE WEAPON DURABILITY BEING DEMOLISHED.....it makes things a little too easy imo. I'm still buying both games though. Amiibo compatibility simply means shelling out more money :/ Phoenix Mode is never getting turned on.

Also, on another website, I found this delightful tidbit of info: There will be nine save files available at the start, with more unlocking as more scenarios become available.

Awesome :D

I think I'll just get the digital download since you actually have the choice of which side to join. 1 save file with Nohr and 1 save file with Hoshida. 9 seems a bit extreme and I've only seen that one article but the rest of the info I found in several articles so theoretically, it should all be true. I wish there was a mode that kept the weapon durability......

I think I'll just get the digital download since you actually have the choice of which side to join. 1 save file with Nohr and 1 save file with Hoshida.

Actually, it locks which side you join, and you can buy the other side as DLC.

• All royalty characters, including the Avatar, has the ability known as Dragon's Vein, which allows them to alter the terrain at certain locations on a map.

That sounds like a really neat skill.

• Weapon Durability has been abolished, allowing units to keep using the same weapon.

I'm all for this. My favorite tactical game doesn't have durability either, and I was never much of a fan of it.

• A new mode called "Phoenix Mode" will be added; just as casual mode, it's meant for those that are not yet ready for the challenges of the Nohr campaign, allowing fallen units to return on the following turn.

...no, just no. Playing Lunatic/Casual is fun in Awakening, but this is just overkill. :P

Actually, it locks which side you join, and you can buy the other side as DLC.

Oh yeah....I forgot about that :/ I guess I'll just buy hard copies of both then.

A new mode called "Phoenix Mode" will be added; just as casual mode, it's meant for those that are not yet ready for the challenges of the Nohr campaign, allowing fallen units to return on the following turn.

...no, just no. Playing Lunatic/Casual is fun in Awakening, but this is just overkill. :P

It's simply for the new fans who might have lots of trouble.

Playing Lunatic/Casual is fun in Awakening, but this is just overkill

Lunatic.....fun......should not be used in the same sentence :P

Lunatic is hard for me because of the weapon durability......and I typically die before I can get to the point in the game where I can grind.

Lunatic + is pure utter madness......why this even exists is beyond me......It's the personification of chaos :P

• 3 weeks later...

Bravely default has a village type thing similar to what is in the new FE game. The concept is similar.That's all i meant.

The FE Amie actually sounds fun to me :P