Do you have a home printer?

Optic

Do you have a home printer?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a home printer?

• Yes - I have an inkjet printer.
    • Yes - I have a laser printer, but it's monochrome only.
    • Yes - I have a laser printer, and it's colour!
    • No. I use the facilities at work / school / university / the print shop.

So do you have a home printer? And if so how often do you use it?

I have a Canon MX920 inkjet printer. The only reason I went for it was because it could print directly onto blank discs. And good for the occasional photo glossy print. As is typical for most home printers, it does have basic MFC features (flatbed scanner on top for scanning and photocopying)...

But admittedly I do most of my printing at work. Photocopiers at work has integrated staplers and much more economical use of colour. >_<

If you're doing university I would suggest a monochrome laser printer. Very economical printouts and most of the time you won't be printing in colour.

• 3 months later...

Changing my vote to Colour laser printer.

I recently purchased a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM305df. The reason I switched to a laser printer is I found that because the Canon inkjet cartridges were so expensive (in terms of page yield) it discouraged me completely from using the printer altogether. And that was in a way cutting into my productivity - because I was putting off printing until I got to work I found it wasn't the most efficient use of my time as you inevitably discover an error in your first draft print. >_<

The starter toners are very generous, 2000/3000 pages for each colour. At the rate I'm printing they'll last a long time before I need to get replacements.

Also got some thick 210gsm paper. Nice smooth satin finish for those important documents. ;)