Hell Girl (Jigoku Shoujo)

Frost

"Have you heard of Jigoku Tsuushin (Hell Correspondence)? Those with a powerful grudge may only access this mysterious website at midnight, allowing them to enter anyone's name and have that person be ferried straight to hell. Ai Enma, the Hell Girl, will not judge whether or not the chosen target deserves punishment; she will merely exact revenge on them for you, provided your pain or suffering move her. Not much is known about this young girl other than that she swiftly carries out her tasks with the help of three straw dolls. There is just one catch, however—as payment for carrying out such a request, the user must condemn themselves to an afterlife in hell."

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo5wuctIMWk

Curious as to whether or not anyone has seen this one~ It was one of my favorites in the day and I still love it. <3 It has pretty artwork, each episode holds a different story while still remaining true to the plot and the soundtrack is eerie and beautiful. :3

lol I thought a new season came out or something. :P

Yeah, it's one of my... well, maybe not favorite, but definitely likable anime. Its episodic nature didn't bother me, and it was neat to watch people getting punish with every episode. Quite the cathartic show for the sadists out there. ;)

Shame it ended already. I wouldn't mind watching another season of it. It's one of the few decent horror anime out there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think I remember stumbling across this a long time ago and saying to myself I'd watch it later. Then I completely forgot about it lol.

Maybe this time I'll remember to watch it!

You should really watch it. I feel like this is totally up your ally, as we have similar tastes. We could even watch it together :P

lol I thought a new season came out or something. :P

Yeah, it's one of my... well, maybe not favorite, but definitely likable anime. Its episodic nature didn't bother me, and it was neat to watch people getting punish with every episode. Quite the cathartic show for the sadists out there. ;)

Shame it ended already. I wouldn't mind watching another season of it. It's one of the few decent horror anime out there.

If they made another season, I would probably die.

• Friendly 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone like Hell Girl?

I think it's kind of cool how when people are wronged or violated, they go to this weird website and summon Hell Girl or get a doll with a red ribbon condemning their enemies to a death with a one way ticket to hell. I thought this idea was pretty neat. But I can't say that I would ever hate someone enough to condemn myself with them to hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell girl was one of my favorites. ^_^ I really enjoyed this anime..

I think the artwork is beautiful and the I enjoy that each episode holds a new story while still remaining true to the overall plot.

• Geano locked this topic