SerpentGod

GIMP and Plugins

Greetings all, and Merry Christmas.

I would like to ask our fellow GIMP users here; what are your favorite plugins? Granted, it may not be as feature rich as Lightroom or Photoshop, but its currently my only option as its free. I'm trying to get the same functions found in Lightroom to work in GIMP via plugins. Would anyone here like to recommend and share tools they use in GIMP?

I don't use GIMP anymore.  I use either Publisher or Photoshop, depending on what my purpose is and what the audience is.  A lot of times anymore I can do what I need in Publisher just by processing a bunch of images together - but that only works if everything else was already built.

I think what is going to influence the most of what plugins to recommend is what application you're wanting to use.  Animated gifs, photo editing, drawing, etc.  There are plenty of different plugins out there, but it really all just depends on what you want to do with the program itself.

Truth be told, I'm probably going to get a Photoshop CC subscription soon. I would like to know more about GIMP since, after all, I am a Linux user; however, Photoshop 'just works.'

I've used GIMP since about 2003, and the only plugin I ever recall using was the GAP animation plugin. Besides that, its basic setup was always effective for whatever I have needed it for in the past. In 2016 I bought the Affinity software and have enjoyed that as a Photoshop alternative since. I still use GIMP, although not as often because it takes a long time to open. 

• Like 1