NewRetroWave TV

Kōyamaki

New Retro Wave has started a new talk show featuring interviews and music videos from some of the heavy hitters who are currently active in the Post-80s Synth Music Scene. Only three episodes have been made so far. It will be interesting to see where this goes as it develops.

The first episode is Gothic/Halloween themed. The "Nightmare on Elm Street" gag was pure gold. 😎

I had mixed feelings about the second episode. I'm not as familiar with this Josh Dally fellow. I'm sure he's probably a nice bloke and everything but, as a purist I feel that doing crossover titles blending contemporary pop with retro synth pop sounds kinda defeats the whole purpose of going retro in the first place. Let 'em Riot had a song with similar themes/lyrics that was way better than Dally's was at the end.* Although Futurecop! has had a distinguished run in the synthwave scene, they too have been guilty of major no-nos in some of their music in years past. I suppose that at the end of the day, it's a matter of taste. I am very particular.

--> *

In the third episode, I thought that the first song by the featured artist that was showcased was rather weak. Second song was okay, and the third one was really good. I think it was awesome that she actually came forward as a Type-O fan. Extra cool points just for that! 😎

NewRetroWave - youtube channel

NewRetroWave - Official Website

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I've watched a few videos from this channel of the different artists they've uploaded in the past, but I didn't realize they had a TV show going now. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to keep my eye on this as it progresses. Really hope they'll get Volkor X on there soon! Or are they just planning to only have the artists on the NRW label?

I first got into synthwave a few years ago by discovering Perturbator. From there, discovered other artists like Kavinsky, Megadrive, Power Glove, VHS Glitch, Volkor X and Carpenter Brut, among others. NRW was a great way to discover new artists (still is sometimes).

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1