Best Horror Anime

lsdfairy

I'm a huge fan of Horror anime, personally my all time favorite will be the Junji Ito collection. Their manga is top tier as well lol. I've come across quite a few good horror anime such as; Another, Yamishibai, My Future Diary, Trese, Witch Hunter, Berserk, Boogiepop Phantom, Corpse Party, Deadman Wonderland, Elfen Lied, and many more I can't name at the top of my head. 

If anyone has any good Horror anime suggestion please feel free to recommend any to me, I'm such a huge horror fan. I find comfort in getting spooked. xp I promise it's not weird lol.

Since I'm in the topic of Horror, does anyone also have any Paranormal experience they'd like to share? I have quite a few being that I live in a house that was built in 1923. What's creepiest to me is that this house hasn't fallen down yet fr lol 

I respect the dead quite more than the living and that has saved my butt countless of times from getting possessed by the demons that lurk in the shadows of my home. 

Here's my freaky experience out of many that I've encountered in my home: When I first rented at this place I had just turned 18 and my budget wasn't really the highest so finding this gem in Florida was such a lucky find for me. I live by myself in a 4 bedroom house, 2 bathrooms and an attic. When I first moved in the rent was 1,200, quite a steal right? Little did I know what came with such a steal, the landlord did inform that since the house was built in 1923 that there's been quite a few deaths. Suicides, murders, robberies gone wrong, anything horrific you can think of has happened in my home. Now, I was fully aware of this information but i still chose to live here because my mom always told me to be afraid of the living and not the deceased. My first night at my new home was really restless, I can tell all the spirits living here were not happy with my presence, the negativity in the air was super thick. Although I couldn't see anything I could still strongly feel everyone's desire for me to leave. That being said as I was getting ready for bed, this woman decided it was funny to shut all the light off on me and write profanity on my foggy mirror while I was showering. "Get out while you still can." It read. I didn't know if it was a threat or a warning from one of the more compassionate spirits but i chose to disregard it because my intentions were not to bother any spirit. Fast forward to when I was sleeping, they did not let me even get a blink in. All night my covers and pillow being constantly pulled and tugged. SO I decided to do the following, agree to let the spirits be set free through me in exchange for peace. Ever since then I've been communicating and getting along.

So whats your story or horror anime recommendation?

00-featured-school-live-anime.jpg

And here I was wondering if it was too early to start talking about Halloween 👻 Don’t know if I’m so much a fan of straight horror, but have a definite penchant for the supernatural & mythical/legendary creatures.

My favorite horror anime: Shiki, Hellsing Ultimate, Devil Lady, Ghost Hunt, Higurashi (When They Cry, Kai, Gou, Sotsu).

Supernatural elements: Soul Eater, The Ancient Magus Bride, Mushishi, Ushio & Tora (2015), Gegege no Kitaro (2018), Mieruko-chan, Kemono Jihen, Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun, Dorohedoro, Princess Resurrection, Gleipnir, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Shadows House, Sirius the Jaeger, Little Witch Academia, Midnight Occult Civil Servants, Xxxholic.

Non-anime: Paranorman, Kubo and the Two Strings, Pan’s Labyrinth, Jeepers Creepers, Ginger Snaps, Beetlejuice, Dr. Phibes, Phantasm, Salems Lot (original), Let Me In/Let the Right One In, Blood Red Sky.

As to IRL experiences, I grew up on a farm with  an abandoned house back in the woods that looked like the one in Blair Witch. It had an old dried up well, but the creepiest thing about it was that there were trees growing around it that had 3 pronged thorns on the branches. The center prong were usually about 2 inches long & I never saw similar trees anywhere else on our property.  I never actually encountered anything supetnatural but a friend of the family who would go hunting at before the sun came up claimed to hear voices different times. After growing up, I hardly ever went back there & as my dad got older, he stopped keeping the vegetation under control and a dense thicket grew up around it. Just before selling it, the new owner asked me to help him find it. We had to use machete to make our way through. When we found it, the house had completely collapsed but the chimney was still standing. In addition to the thorn trees, several other nearby trees  had branches and roots that grew back on themselves and looked all twisted and deformed.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Wow 3

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

And here I was wondering if it was too early to start talking about Halloween 👻 Don’t know if I’m so much a fan of straight horror, but have a definite penchant for the supernatural & mythical/legendary creatures.

My favorite horror anime: Shiki, Hellsing Ultimate, Devil Lady, Ghost Hunt, Higurashi (When They Cry, Kai, Gou, Sotsu).

Supernatural elements: Soul Eater, The Ancient Magus Bride, Mushishi, Ushio & Tora (2015), Gegege no Kitaro (2018), Mieruko-chan, Kemono Jihen, Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun, Dorohedoro, Princess Resurrection, Gleipnir, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Shadows House, Sirius the Jaeger, Little Witch Academia, Midnight Occult Civil Servants, Xxxholic.

Non-anime: Paranorman, Kubo and the Two Strings, Pan’s Labyrinth, Jeepers Creepers, Ginger Snaps, Beetlejuice, Dr. Phibes, Phantasm, Salems Lot (original), Let Me In/Let the Right One In, Blood Red Sky.

As to IRL experiences, I grew up on a farm with  an abandoned house back in the woods that looked like the one in Blair Witch. It had an old dried up well, but the creepiest thing about it was that there were trees growing around it that had 3 pronged thorns on the branches. The center prong were usually about 2 inches long & I never saw similar trees anywhere else on our property.  I never actually encountered anything supetnatural but a friend of the family who would go hunting at before the sun came up claimed to hear voices different times. After growing up, I hardly ever went back there & as my dad got older, he stopped keeping the vegetation under control and a dense thicket grew up around it. Just before selling it, the new owner asked me to help him find it. We had to use machete to make our way through. When we found it, the house had completely collapsed but the chimney was still standing. In addition to the thorn trees, several other nearby trees  had branches and roots that grew back on themselves and looked all twisted and deformed.

Wow, that’s quite the list of anime’s. I haven’t heard or watched some of these truly appreciate the recommendations. Also it’s never too early to start talking about Halloween. 👻 Got to say my favorite holiday next to Christmas, something about Halloween just changes the smell of the air that particular day but in a good refreshing way. I don’t know I must sound weird trying to explain myself lol btw I absolutely adore Beetlejuice, truly a masterpiece. 

And oh my, from what I’ve learned these 3 years of living with the spirits in my house is that whenever a new plant or bug I’ve never seen before appear means they’re in a lot of distress and since they can’t physically express their anger being as they are spirits and not poltergeists, they somehow channel their energy into Mother Nature thus having new plants and bugs appear. What’s crazy is that most of the time this plant or insect is not even heard of or common. You also said the chimney was still standing? There’s a great force of energy that kept that chimney standing, god knows what was trapped there. Interesting to speculate right? Thank you for sharing your recommendations and experience. Truly enjoyed reading that!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:03 PM, Ohayotaku said:

On 9/12/2022 at 7:30 PM, lsdfairy said:

Wow, that’s quite the list of anime’s. I haven’t heard or watched some of these truly appreciate the recommendations. Also it’s never too early to start talking about Halloween. 👻 Got to say my favorite holiday next to Christmas, something about Halloween just changes the smell of the air that particular day but in a good refreshing way. I don’t know I must sound weird trying to explain myself lol btw I absolutely adore Beetlejuice, truly a masterpiece. 

And oh my, from what I’ve learned these 3 years of living with the spirits in my house is that whenever a new plant or bug I’ve never seen before appear means they’re in a lot of distress and since they can’t physically express their anger being as they are spirits and not poltergeists, they somehow channel their energy into Mother Nature thus having new plants and bugs appear. What’s crazy is that most of the time this plant or insect is not even heard of or common. You also said the chimney was still standing? There’s a great force of energy that kept that chimney standing, god knows what was trapped there. Interesting to speculate right? Thank you for sharing your recommendations and experience. Truly enjoyed reading that!

Those are certainly some freaky anecdotes. It sounds like at least one person here has read a lot of literature about paranormal phenomena. In a very old documentary film about the haunted castles of Wales, there was a very unusual account of a spectral dog who would occasionally appear and make friendly company with the people who were then occupying the property. Nobody was afraid or uncomfortable around the animal apparition at all. It was said that after the remains that were attributed to this canine were incinerated by the lab that had custody over them, that the dog spirit stopped appearing anymore afterward. If true, it would suggest that the remains of organisms are somehow used by the spirits of the deceased as a sort of anchor which allows them to manifest into the world of the living. Contrary to the popular perception that cemeteries are the most active places for ghost activity to occur, it is believed that spirits are typically inclined to haunt the places where they had lived before. Too bad Egon Spengler is a fictional character, or we could get him on the case to explain how this all works.

The particular documentary anthology series this story was a part of was later rebranded as, "Historic Hauntings." The pinnacle of the series by far though, was "Castle Ghosts of Ireland." Whether real or not, the reenacted dramatizations they cut for that one were downright terrifying. I practically about sh*t myself when I watched that as a kid in the 90s. Scotland has the more famous reputation but, Scotland has nothing on Ireland when it comes to really scary ghosts. One little thing that bears correction regarding Mildred Darby's alleged encounter inside the chilly walls of Leap Castle, is that whatever that thing she saw was, it was most certainly not an "elemental spirit" -- that is, unless you consider decayed carrion to be an element in the same sense as fire or water; the thing looked like something straight out of "Silent Hill." I have seen other specials like on an episode of "Ghost Hunters: International" ( I think ), where they brought those guys in to record some EVP, and the voices that were captured were all speaking an archaic dialect of Irish Gaelic which is no longer spoken anymore. Unfortunately, nobody seems to know what they were actually saying.

Both videos below...

( the original unedited version was even better )

( not as good as "Castle Ghosts of Ireland" but still very interesting )

• 2 weeks later...