Worst experience in High School?

Deeath

I had a rough highschool experience overall. The worst part for me though was the paranoia I felt when eating lunch, thinking everyone would watch me eat. Thinking back, it doesn't make sense. lol So I ate out of sight in a corner by the stairs. I'm still kind of paranoid at times.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Being beaten up by groups of bullies just because I was a husky nerd nearly once a week on average tainted my school experience...I HATED that place!!! 

I only got beaten up by the school bully and his minions once, and they regretted it. My mother went to the school all done up in her Sunday best and charmed the headmaster so the bullies were called in and had to apologise.  It didn't stop the bullying of course because they just resorted to verbal abuse at every opportunity, which I learnt to ignore. But it did rather spoil my school life and I was glad to leave the place.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My worst experience in high school was..... well, high school. I hated most academic classes (still do, I was not a good student even in college). I guess the highlight of the entire ordeal was being in any kind of classes that fostered creativity, like visual art, English or especially technical theater. Tech theater afforded me the chance to use power tools to build the set of the school's theatrical performance at the end of the year (and go up in the rafters to rig up the spotlights). I think I would have enjoyed taking shop as well, but several of the guys in that class were bullies, and since the potential combination of power tools and bullies scared the hell out of me, I steered clear of it.

Putting aside my disdain for academia, my first two years in high school were the worst, due to bullies. I feel I was lucky, because the two worst bullies my friends and I had to deal with dropped out after my sophomore year. Haven't seen them since, don't care to ever see them again.

Overall, my take on high school is, "Good riddance to bad rubbish."

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 2:59 AM, viruxx said:

Putting aside my disdain for academia, my first two years in high school were the worst, due to bullies. I feel I was lucky, because the two worst bullies my friends and I had to deal with dropped out after my sophomore year. Haven't seen them since, don't care to ever see them again.

I actually met the bully who had made much of my final years at secondary school so bad while I was attending college on day release from work. I smiled at him and said good morning and to say that his reply was foul-mouthed would be an understatement.  I never saw him there again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I actually met the bully who had made much of my final years at secondary school so bad while I was attending college on day release from work. I smiled at him and said good morning and to say that his reply was foul-mouthed would be an understatement.  I never saw him there again.

That's admirable that you were attempting to be nice to them after what they put you through. Sadly, it seems some people never really grow out of certain childish behaviors even after years pass by.

I doubt I'll ever see the two fellows I mentioned above, as I have now lived in a different part of the state for the past 16-ish years since shortly after graduation. But, if I did ever cross their paths, I'd probably try being cordial with them initially, as much as they would allow me to be. In the end though, there was no love lost between us.

• Like 1