Moriarty the Patriot, what's the verdict?

Mehr

Question

3 answers to this question

I thought it was decent. On MAL, I rated part 1 7/10, part 2 6/10, the OVAs 6/10 (I tend to rate on the low side, my mean score being 6.04). The defining characteristic being it posits Moriarty as an antihero using criminal activity to try & topple a class system where corrupt aristocrats exploit commoners. At times it can seem similar to Death Note or Monster, but not as good in my opinion, closer to Code Geass. And one storyline in part 2 is almost almost identical to Batman’s The Dark Knight movie. Another factor that may affect your enjoyment of the series is your fondness or lack there of for bishounen (pretty boys), one of the OVAs openly parodies that aspect.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 7:09 AM, Ohayotaku said:

I thought it was decent. On MAL, I rated part 1 7/10, part 2 6/10, the OVAs 6/10 (I tend to rate on the low side, my mean score being 6.04). The defining characteristic being it posits Moriarty as an antihero using criminal activity to try & topple a class system where corrupt aristocrats exploit commoners. At times it can seem similar to Death Note or Monster, but not as good in my opinion, closer to Code Geass. And one storyline in part 2 is almost almost identical to Batman’s The Dark Knight movie. Another factor that may affect your enjoyment of the series is your fondness or lack there of for bishounen (pretty boys), one of the OVAs openly parodies that aspect.

Thanks for the rather complete answer, I just finish watching the season 2 and it was a decent show as you mentioned. But when it comes to Sherlock/Moriarty murder mystery, I'm a stickler. However, we shouldn't overlook the fact that creating a Good Moriarty is not only unprecedented but also hard to pull out. especially considering the fact that Sherlock is always the sole beacon.

PS: I am a fan of bishounen  😁

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 10:05 AM, Mehr said:

Thanks for the rather complete answer, I just finish watching the season 2 and it was a decent show as you mentioned. But when it comes to Sherlock/Moriarty murder mystery, I'm a stickler. However, we shouldn't overlook the fact that creating a Good Moriarty is not only unprecedented but also hard to pull out. especially considering the fact that Sherlock is always the sole beacon.

PS: I am a fan of bishounen  😁

Are there more sherlock murder mystery animes? Which would you recommend? Thanks in advance