hi (newbie recommendation request)

Awry

hello everyone. some of my favorite anime are currently FMA: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass, Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, Ranking of Kings and s-CRY-ed.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on anime to watch. I like mysteries/dramas, deep plots, creative world building and well-thought characters/personalities... something that explores the gray areas of morality and has a captivating art style is preferable. something that keeps you drawn in. anyway, nice to meet you all and thank you for any suggestions

• Like 2

Welcome 😁 Hope you find things to interest you here & decide to stick around.

As far as recommendations: Monster, ID Invaded, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Vinland Saga, Fate Zero, 86 & Dororo.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

A few more recommendations for you.

Gunslinger Girl. The basic premise of this series is certainly morally questionable.

Souko no Strain. A stylish Sci-fi series where one of the characters questions the morality of a decision made years in the past.

Madoka Magica. A very stylish Magical Girl series, which is totally unlike any other Magical Girl series and a lot darker as the girls find they have paid a high price to gain their powers.

• Like 1

Welcome to AF.

The only things I can really recommend are Chrono Crusade and Ergo Proxy. Chrono Crusade is more religion-based, but a very interesting story. Ergo Proxy is a psychological anime that really makes you think throughout the whole series, with quite a surprise ending I never saw coming.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 1:07 PM, Awry said:

hello everyone. some of my favorite anime are currently FMA: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass, Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, Ranking of Kings and s-CRY-ed.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on anime to watch. I like mysteries/dramas, deep plots, creative world building and well-thought characters/personalities... something that explores the gray areas of morality and has a captivating art style is preferable. something that keeps you drawn in. anyway, nice to meet you all and thank you for any suggestions

Ghost in the Shell will always be a big one from me if you are into Psycho Pass, Rideback, Monster, FLCL, Bokurano, and Welcome to the NHK. Those are mine for now. Good Luck. 

• Like 1