Need something to watch, please pick your nr 1 and 2

Bulletje76

I have these titles on my mind. Are some good? some bad? If you have seen them, could you be so kind to pick your nr1 and nr 2??

Helck
Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi
Inuyasha
Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu
Mononogatari

Just to confirm that we’re talking about Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari, that’s  my first pick. Combination of supernatural action but also some romance.

2nd would be Inuyasha. Currently I’ve only seen the first 54 episodes & the first movie, but do plan on watching more eventually. Just bear in mind it’s an older series & a fairly long one.

As for the rest

Helck - there are indications that it will eventually become more serious, but right now a lot of the focus is on comedy, most of which isn’t landing for me. Currently watching, but not sure if I’ll stick with it. 

Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi - haven’t watched, not really planning too.

Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu - watched some early eps but dropped. Pretty weak  isekai IMO.

8 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Just to confirm that we’re talking about Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari, that’s  my first pick. Combination of supernatural action but also some romance.

2nd would be Inuyasha. Currently I’ve only seen the first 54 episodes & the first movie, but do plan on watching more eventually. Just bear in mind it’s an older series & a fairly long one.

As for the rest

Helck - there are indications that it will eventually become more serious, but right now a lot of the focus is on comedy, most of which isn’t landing for me. Currently watching, but not sure if I’ll stick with it. 

Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi - haven’t watched, not really planning too.

Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu - watched some early eps but dropped. Pretty weak  isekai IMO.

As always a great reply. Thank you.

Yes,..i mend this one, seems good but has low imdb score

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26140070/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_Mononogatar

now at ep 2 of Level 1 dakedo. But i have a  feeling you will be right.

36 minutes ago, Bulleje76 said:

Yes,..i mend this one, seems good but has low imdb score

MAL has season 1 at 7.24, season 2 at 7.36 (ongoing). Not at the top of my rankings but enjoyable enough I plan to stick with it. Not sure if season 2 will conclude the story or not though.

44 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

MAL has season 1 at 7.24, season 2 at 7.36 (ongoing). Not at the top of my rankings but enjoyable enough I plan to stick with it. Not sure if season 2 will conclude the story or not though.

Thanks mate. I will watch it now

BTW,..just finished the first 6 eps of Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu

Perhaps you need to rethink. But i am the first to admit that i will allow a lot of childish if it is an isekai. But still,..first 2 eps were slow. But pace is okay, graphics are on point. I always love the overpowered mc. The fact they gain more abilities soon is a plus. I would rank it 6.8/10

2 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

Thanks mate. I will watch it now

BTW,..just finished the first 6 eps of Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu

Perhaps you need to rethink. But i am the first to admit that i will allow a lot of childish if it is an isekai. But still,..first 2 eps were slow. But pace is okay, graphics are on point. I always love the overpowered mc. The fact they gain more abilities soon is a plus. I would rank it 6.8/10

I watched through episode 4. To be honest the only reason I started it & stayed with it as long as I did was because the girls looked kinda cute 😅 Right now Mushoku Tensei is my isekai fix, albeit on a more serious side. Will probably finish Devil is a Part-Timer season 2 for something with a bit more humor. The first half of season 2 wasn’t that great but still enjoyable & I’m curious about some of the unanswered questions. I’m actually fine with series being silly as long as I actually find them funny or clever (good examples Iruma-kun, Campfire Cooking in Another World, Lvl 1 Demon Lord, Demon Lord Retry). But in the case of Helck I laughed more at episode 5 than in all the other episodes combined so far. And the promise that it gets better later isn’t that convincing when there are so many other series I’m finding more enjoyable in the short term. BTW you might also enjoy Reincarnated as a Sword, it does a pretty good job of balancing humor & more serious/darker elements similar to Skeleton Knight in Another World.

Out of the list you have here the only one I've seen is Inuyasha and I definitely recommend it. Growing up it was one of my favorite animes and I still consider it one of my favorites. I've been meaning to re-watch it myself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...