Anime fan re-finding his passion!

Fireduck

Hi everyone!  It's been a while since I've been here and to be completely honest, I never thought I would return...  I joined the forum in June 2019 and by the beginning of 2021 I came to the decision to sell my entire anime collection.  Partly because I wanted the money and partly because I felt I was outgrowing my interest in anime.  So, I did the stupid thing and sold the entire lot to someone on Ebay for a steal!  And, up until very recently, never looked back... 

Since then, I have collected other things and basically moved on with my life.  I haven't even watched a single anime since!  Regardless I hold many of the anime shows I've seen in incredibly high regard.  

Nothing I've collected since then has stuck with me.  I've continuously lost interest in everything.  My mind, however, occasionally wonders back to anime.  

Something has changed, however.  Anime has come crashing back into my mind!  I've become consumed with the thought of starting over and building something better than I had before!  So, I made the first move and purchased the first anime that's going to be the start of my new collection...  I am now officially waiting for Stein's Gate to arrive!  And I'm SOOO excited!  It's going to be like a homecoming for me when it arrives!  

I added a pic of my old collection. The one I no longer have.  And even though it's a slight bummer to not have it anymore and having to start over from scratch, there's something wildly exciting to begin again.  And this time, I'm in it for the long haul!  

IMG_4254.jpg

Welcome back to the forum! I must've joined after you left though because I really haven't been here that long, but I've never seen that username before. It's great to meet you! ^^ I hope you can collect all the anime you want to. :D

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 4:57 PM, Wild Emotion said:

Welcome back to the forum! I must've joined after you left though because I really haven't been here that long, but I've never seen that username before. It's great to meet you! ^^ I hope you can collect all the anime you want to. :D

Thank you!  It's great to meet you too Wild Emotion!  I plan to be very active so I hope to see you around!

On 11/6/2023 at 7:25 AM, Otaking66lives said:

Welcome to the Insanity! Enjoy your time here, just watch out for *ducks flying Mi-go*. Dammit! Who keeps opening THAT door?? *chases after the escapee while yelling* Anyways, welcome!

Thank you!

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1