STUPID *^%*&%$ C Internet!

Clayton

Okay so I've been using the same hotmail account for 25 years. Usually from a public internet computer. Now it's asking me to verify my identity, which even ifI had not completely made up the other email, would also be asking for the same information in a mobius strip. I do not even own a phone! And to sign up for say MINT I'd need an email... 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Clayton said:

Okay so I've been using the same hotmail account for 25 years. Usually from a public internet computer. Now it's asking me to verify my identity, which even ifI had not completely made up the other email, would also be asking for the same information in a mobius strip. I do not even own a phone! And to sign up for say MINT I'd need an email... 

A couple of years back hotmail asked one ot my friends to verify her identity, and then decided she wasn't who she said she was !

She gave up trying to convince the stupid hotmail computer and now has a gmail address.

If you are just signing in on your computer you can use BlueStacks to simulate an android phone. If it's asking for text verification setup a google voice number install the app in blue stacks. This will allow you to receive and send text messages and phone calls. Also you can install the Microsoft verification app via the google play store.

This will at least allow you to change the verification email to something else that you can use. Wouldn't do this on a public computer though.

Edited by Key Visual

• 2 weeks later...